ADVERTISEMENT

Programming Reminder:

aix_xpert

Heisman Winner
Sep 5, 2001
To the Repubs on the board, set your DVR up to record CNN and MSNBC on November 5th starting at 7PM.

To the Libs still here, set your DVR up to record Foxnews and Newsmax.

Assuming '24 is like '16 & '20, the newscasts of the side that loses will make glorious tv watching that will get you to next year's football season.

To the Repubs on the board, set your DVR up to record CNN and MSNBC on November 5th starting at 7PM.

To the Libs still here, set your DVR up to record Foxnews and Newsmax.

Assuming '24 is like '16 & '20, the newscasts of the side that loses will make glorious tv watching that will get you to next year's football season.
"that will get you to next year's football season."

You have my attention.

Well, this season's football hasn't been worth watching, but this isn't the forum for that.
You need to start watching OU play then. I haven't seen a John Blake offense since John Blake but somehow Venables has managed to bring it back better than Blake did it before. It's pure comedy.

You need to start watching OU play then. I haven't seen a John Blake offense since John Blake but somehow Venables has managed to bring it back better than Blake did it before. It's pure comedy.
I've watched some OU this year. But its hard to overly care how they are doing when we are as miserably bad as we are. And at least they are making changes to improve it. They fired their OC. They shifted to their freshman QB. There head coach came out and took ownership. We got platitudes from our head coach about how he'll be at work early on Sunday and the team is welcome to join him.

I've watched some OU this year. But its hard to overly care how they are doing when we are as miserably bad as we are. And at least they are making changes to improve it. They fired their OC. They shifted to their freshman QB. There head coach came out and took ownership. We got platitudes from our head coach about how he'll be at work early on Sunday and the team is welcome to join him.
I get it. I wonder what is "the" point where you take a coach who has been as successful as Gundy and replace him with a fresh perspective and is that "the" actual answer. I think a lot of the long time coaches are struggling with the new landscape. How do they adjust? Can they adjust? Adding "highest bidder" to the recruiting pitch has to suck like no other.

I punched out on college sports thanks to NIL and the transfer portal. They can be as greedy as they want but won't get any more of my money or interest.

I get it. I wonder what is "the" point where you take a coach who has been as successful as Gundy and replace him with a fresh perspective and is that "the" actual answer. I think a lot of the long time coaches are struggling with the new landscape. How do they adjust? Can they adjust? Adding "highest bidder" to the recruiting pitch has to suck like no other.

I punched out on college sports thanks to NIL and the transfer portal. They can be as greedy as they want but won't get any more of my money or interest.
My issue with Gundy is that I want OSU to win and to do everything in our power to win. Hiring D3 coordinators at the salary ranges we pay, makes zero sense. It's like paying Mercedes prices to buy a Kia. And I want Gundy to act like he wants to win as much as I want us to win, and to be as upset about losing as I am when we lose. Go watch the Mizzou head coach's press conference when they got blown out by A&M. He came into the conference and apologized to the fans for the teams performance. He owned the results. Gundy is just "aw shucks, we'll try again next week."

Reactions: Medic007
My issue with Gundy is that I want OSU to win and to do everything in our power to win. Hiring D3 coordinators at the salary ranges we pay, makes zero sense. It's like paying Mercedes prices to buy a Kia. And I want Gundy to act like he wants to win as much as I want us to win, and to be as upset about losing as I am when we lose. Go watch the Mizzou head coach's press conference when they got blown out by A&M. He came into the conference and apologized to the fans for the teams performance. He owned the results. Gundy is just "aw shucks, we'll try again next week."
I haven't followed any football this year. I get your frustration about Gundy. He's been very successful but seems to have an air of complacency about him by what you described.

Venables hired a former OU player to coach an offense despite that guy getting fired from the juggernaut of North Texas for not producing. Then the answer is fire that guy mid season and replace him with another former OU player who has never called plays in a football game. The result is an offense John Blake would be offended by. That's the kind of product Venables gives at $8.6 million a year? Really?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT