ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Elder, African American Candidate for California Governor, Attacked by Biden Brownshirts Wearing Monkey Masks

Stupid is a kind word to describe you, dickbreath. I see why you've been stuck at the Idabel Love's. You've obviously eaten lead paint tortillas and have mush brain.

Did you miss that your Queen VeePee is hardcore campaigning for the clump of shit that needs to be replaced in CA? I'm guessing Rachel and Joy haven't had that in zher's programming.

I showed him earlier then he went quiet. 🤣🤣🤣

Sure, I have done plenty of self-reflection, especially as it comes to my beliefs on numerous issues.

As I've have told you before Dan, I once was a Republican. The first presidential candidate I voted for was George W. Bush in 2000. I've worked on Republican campaigns in the past.

My beliefs (in numerous areas, just not politics) have changed greatly as I have grown older. I have listened to the valid arguments of others and considered other valid viewpoints. And I continue to try to do so.

Do you?
I’m curious who/what influenced you to be a Republican. What were their arguments that you found compelling enough to participate in their campaigns?

And then who/what turned you to the Democrats? What did they say that made you “see the light?”

Who did you read that convinced you to be a Republican? Who did/do you read that led you to be a progressive?

Nope, nothing.

Just more deflections (it is hilarious how they claim you are deflecting when you ask for specific examples 😆😆) and snide comments. It is apparently all they have.
Id be the first to say, "dayum I see what you mean" if they actually had something...

Reactions: my_2cents
It’s all I would have posted if you and Sys hadn’t decided to deflect to Trump, which is annoyingly your go-to move when you have nothing else to say.
lol, again Dan, we were not the ones who brought up Trump! Again...
If every right-wing nutjob is a Trumpette, then every left wing nutjob is a Biden Brownshirt. You get to own that.
Of course it does. See the left's belief that Trump is responsible for storming the capitol on January 6th for all the verification needed.
Literally man, how hard is this for you to understand?

lol, again Dan, we were not the ones who brought up Trump! Again...

Literally man, how hard is this for you to understand?
I’m not going to cull through 5 pages of blather to find out who “started it,”. If you say it wasn’t you I believe you, But if you didn't start it you certainly were more than happy to take the Trump bull by the horns and ride it out.

I’m curious who/what influenced you to be a Republican. What were their arguments that you found compelling enough to participate in their campaigns?
Well first, I was young. The first President I remember was Ronald Reagan and he was a Republican. I also had a lot of respect and admiration for George H.W. Bush (still do). So this inclined me to be a Republican. On top of that, I was raised within the conservative evangelical religious context and thus my early thinking was shaped by this. I was pro-life, against gay marriage, etc. I also bought into the domestic policy arguments that Republican politicians made and didn't really give them much serious examination until later.

And then who/what turned you to the Democrats? What did they say that made you “see the light?”

Who did you read that convinced you to be a Republican? Who did/do you read that led you to be a progressive?
Well, there is a lot that turned me towards the Democrats and progressivism. But I can't quote every source or argument that made me "see the light." There were many, over time.

Generally speaking, I would say the turn began under Obama. When Obama ran in 2008, I supported McCain. I was surrounded by people who literally thought Obama was the devil and the coming anti-Christ. I accepted a lot of the hate that the right propagated against Obama in 2008 without much deep examination of what was being said, etc. However, once Obama became President, I watched him. And I was impressed. I didn't see all the crazy stuff that those on the right saw. I was really impressed with Obama.

It was during this time too that I began to seriously consider my positions on domestic issues. I studied the positions and looked at different sides. I read different sources, etc. I flirted with libertarianism for a bit (I liked Ron Paul in 2012). Eventually though, by late in Obama's term, I had become a moderate on most domestic issues. But I was still socially conservative, which kept me in the Republican Party. Those views however began to change as I gave consideration to the opposing viewpoints. For example, I actually start conversing (and listening) to pro-choice individuals. I also developed a more diverse set of friends which opened me to other viewpoints. Other personal experiences (as well as some changes in my religious beliefs) led me to move further away from social conservatism as well.

The final straw that made me leave the Republican Party was the nomination of Trump and the dark/hateful mentality that overtook the Republican Party, something that had been growing under Obama and came to full completion in 2016. I could not be part of a political party that could embrace a leader like Trump and what he represented. While I was at best a moderate Republican by this point, the Republican Party changed into something I could not be a part of. The day after he was nominated, I became a Democrat.

Since then, as I have continued to study and consider other viewpoints, I have become more and more progressive in my thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Stupid is a kind word to describe you, dickbreath. I see why you've been stuck at the Idabel Love's. You've obviously eaten lead paint tortillas and have mush brain.

Did you miss that your Queen VeePee is hardcore campaigning for the clump of shit that needs to be replaced in CA? I'm guessing Rachel and Joy haven't had that in zher's programming.

Glad to see you didn't lose your "edge" during your short absence. :D :D

I’m not going to cull through 5 pages of blather to find out who “started it,”. If you say it wasn’t you I believe you, But if you didn't start it you certainly were more than happy to take the Trump bull by the horns and ride it out.
Well, I'd recommend before you try to accuse me or sy of something, you actually take the time to see if your accusation is even correct. Just a general reading of this thread would have shown you who inserted Trump into this conversation.

And yes, we responded to their claims and false equivalence.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Well first, I was young. The first President I remember was Ronald Reagan and he was a Republican. I also had a lot of respect and admiration for George H.W. Bush (still do). So this inclined me to be a Republican. On top of that, I was raised within the conservative evangelical religious context and thus my early thinking was shaped by this. I was pro-life, against gay marriage, etc. I also bought into the domestic policy arguments that Republican politicians made and didn't really give them much serious examination until later.

Well, there is a lot that turned me towards the Democrats and progressivism. But I can't quote every source or argument that made me "see the light." There were many, over time.

Generally speaking, I would say the turn began under Obama. When Obama ran in 2008, I supported McCain. I was surrounded by people who literally thought Obama was the devil and the coming anti-Christ. I accepted a lot of the hate that the right propagated against Obama in 2008 without much deep examination of what was being said, etc. However, once Obama became President, I watched him. And I was impressed. I didn't see all the crazy stuff that those on the right saw. I was really impressed with Obama.

It was during this time too that I began to seriously consider my positions on domestic issues. I studied the positions and looked at different sides. I read different sources, etc. I flirted with libertarianism for a bit (I liked Ron Paul in 2012). Eventually though, by late in Obama's term, I had become a moderate on most domestic issues. But I was still socially conservative, which kept me in the Republican Party. Those views however began to change as I gave consideration to the opposing viewpoints. For example, I actually start conversing (and listening) to pro-choice individuals. I also developed a more diverse set of friends which opened me to other viewpoints. Other personal experiences (as well as some changes in my religious beliefs) led me to move further away from social conservatism as well.

The final straw that made me leave the Republican Party was the nomination of Trump and the dark/hateful mentality that overtook the Republican Party, something that had been growing under Obama and came to full completion in 2016. I could not be part of a political party that could embrace a leader like Trump and what he represented. While I was at best a moderate Republican by this point, the Republican Party changed into something I could not be a part of. The day after he was nominated, I became a Democrat.

Since then, as I have continued to study and consider other viewpoints, I have become more and more progressive in my thinking.
Thanks. I’m struck that you don’t mention a single philosopher, economist, political theorist or the like, just professional politicians and conversations with friends. Which is fine, but it doesn't suggest much in the way of in depth thinking. You mention no particular reading that you have done. Is that because you haven’t found any to recommend? Who have you read that made you think you were witnessing truth right before your eyes? I know you said you “studied and read,” but you didn’t say who you studied or read. Care to name drop?

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Do you consider your blindness to self-deprecation an asset or a liability?
Oh my 🤣 . Again and again and again…..

Proverb_of_pot_and_kettle.jpg

Thanks. I’m struck that you don’t mention a single philosopher, economist, political theorist or the like
That was because (1) there have been many (hence my comment "there is a lot that turned me towards the Democrats and progressivism" and (2) see my next response.

Care to name drop?
I'm hesitant to do this with you because I know your modus operandi. I could name drop someone, and you will then proceed to attempt to tie me to everything that person has ever written or advocated for (or tie me to everything that person said in the particular book/speech/legal opinion/article/etc. that I read).

Suffice to say, you can rest assured that I am well-read. One doesn't change his beliefs in many areas, as I have, without being so. When I state that I have "studied and read," I mean exactly that.

I guess you could start with evidence I have become a defender/supporter of racism?

Who did you vote for?

The guy that wrote the crime bill.

Name anything Trump did that in your mind is equivalent.

And you got your hackles up at any loose connection to race and conservatives.

Every time.

You and Sys are starting to make the same points.

Think about that.

He’s a pretend lawyer.

That was because (1) there have been many (hence my comment "there is a lot that turned me towards the Democrats and progressivism" and (2) see my next response.

I'm hesitant to do this with you because I know your modus operandi. I could name drop someone, and you will then proceed to attempt to tie me to everything that person has ever written or advocated for (or tie me to everything that person said in the particular book/speech/legal opinion/article/etc. that I read).

Suffice to say, you can rest assured that I am well-read. One doesn't change his beliefs in many areas, as I have, without being so. When I state that I have "studied and read," I mean exactly that.

I would suggest that is more your modus operandi than mine. Earlier, when.I said I cheered the Jan 6 riots because I loved the idea of corrupt politicians hiding under their desks in fear of citizens who were fed up with their tyranny you brought up that someone had a Confederate flag and tried to tie me to it by wagging your finger and saying “Shame!” I imagine there was someone there wearing an “Aunt Betsy’s Bakery & Donut Shop” tshirt, Why didn’t you tie me to Aunt Betsy while you were at it? And you repeatedly accuse me of being a right-winger even after you’ve been told I’m a libertarian/anarchist, and I’ve written nothing that should lead you to any other conclusion. But you try awfully hard to tie me to a notion you know is not accurate. So once again I implore you to do a little self reflection and discover what kind of person you really are, not the fictitious, noble, objective character you want us to think you are.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
I would suggest that is more your modus operandi than mine. Earlier, when.I said I cheered the Jan 6 riots because I loved the idea of corrupt politicians hiding under their desks in fear of citizens who were fed up with their tyranny you brought up that someone had a Confederate flag and tried to tie me to it by wagging your finger and saying “Shame!” I imagine there was someone there wearing an “Aunt Betsy’s Bakery & Donut Shop” tshirt, Why didn’t you tie me to Aunt Betsy while you were at it? And you repeatedly accuse me of being a right-winger even after you’ve been told I’m a libertarian/anarchist, and I’ve written nothing that should lead you to any other conclusion. But you try awfully hard to tie me to a notion you know is not accurate. So once again I implore you to do a little self reflection and discover what kind of person you really are, not the fictitious, noble, objective character you want us to think you are.

Yeah he gets triggered by a piece of cloth.
8yU3.gif

• Haha
Reactions: iasooner2000
I guess you could start with evidence I have become a defender/supporter of racism?
Lol... you apparently had zero clue what rape is not very long ago, Dave. Sorry, argue with the facts. Try to not jump on your syster's and his donkey 2dinks backs to cross the river. Biden is totally eating shit along with you and you'll sink like a solid turd.

There is a rape allegation now? Wow, hadn't seen that. Deets please.

Uhhhhh, dave, what would you call penetration of someone's vagina with your fingers without their consent?

Dude, not my place to question your definition of rape. I am not quite sure that is the legal meaning, but I am no expert.

Do better, Dave.

Lol... you apparently had zero clue what rape is not very long ago, Dave. Sorry, argue with the facts. Try to not jump on your syster's and his donkey 2dinks backs to cross the river. Biden is totally eating shit along with you and you'll sink like a solid turd.

Do better, Dave.

The three little trigglies just cannot help themselves.
Fun to watch tho. 🤣🤣
E92Pd5IWEAA-F8u

I would suggest that is more your modus operandi than mine. Earlier, when.I said I cheered the Jan 6 riots because I loved the idea of corrupt politicians hiding under their desks in fear of citizens who were fed up with their tyranny you brought up that someone had a Confederate flag and tried to tie me to it by wagging your finger and saying “Shame!”
You tied yourself to that by stating you cheered what took place on January 6.

But honestly Dan, I will say, you may have a point here. Based on your comment on the other thread, you probably have no clue what really occurred on January 6 and thus you had no clue what you were cheering. I guess you read some far-right news report (from a media you claimed not to trust) and allowed that to frame your opinion. Therefore, you clearly did not know about the presence of confederate flags and all the other behavior that occurred (that you now are trying to claim you were not cheering).

So I apologize Dan. I clearly failed to realize you don't really pay attention to what is going on. I'll try to do better next time.

And you repeatedly accuse me of being a right-winger even after you’ve been told I’m a libertarian/anarchist, and I’ve written nothing that should lead you to any other conclusion.
I call you a right-winger precisely based upon what I've seen you write. It can't be based on anything else, since that is all we do on this board. Think about it.

If you want me to stop, then don't write and opine like a right-winger.

Who did you vote for?

The guy that wrote the crime bill.

Name anything Trump did that in your mind is equivalent.

And you got your hackles up at any loose connection to race and conservatives.

Every time.

You and Sys are starting to make the same points.

Think about that.

He’s a pretend lawyer.
Ignoring the ad hominems (for the moment) are you proposing that a vote for Joe Biden was a racist act? And/or are you asserting that Joe Biden is today a racist?

I just want to be clear on what your point is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT