ADVERTISEMENT

Killed over a T shirt?

LMAO, gaslight much?
Why you dodging the question, especially after you demanded I answer yours? You aren't now trying to deflect are you?
Really, what's your view on the young black guys that would beat the hell out of me for the use of the N-word? You always deflect away from questions asked of you? Let me guess, that's different.

Again, yes or no, is your most recent argument on this thread your position as it relates to Khashoggi, MBS, and Saudi Arabia?

No you haven't. Nor can you. You never apply the standards you invent in your head consistently. Never.

Heck, you can't even consistently tell us what you want to see happen most of the time. You quickly change there too if you realize your current desire doesn't align with the partisan insanity you are addicted to.

I got your point. I disagree with it as I stated. And I think it is pitiful and sick that you would try to defend @AC2020's statement that this journalist deserved to perhaps be murdered for his action.
I never said that you simple minded nit-wit.

He knew the law and deserved to be detained at the entrance to the stadium until he removed the shirt and replaced it with something else.

Everyone else knew what I was talking about, but I digress.

Groomer.

He knew the law and deserved to be detained at the entrance to the stadium until he removed the shirt and replaced it with something else.

Groomer.
For the record FIFA had worked out in advance that people could wear that kind of shirt into the stadium. That's one reason he refused to take it off and when a FIFA official showed up the "authorities" quickly relented and apologized.

Reactions: CowboyJD
For the record FIFA had worked out in advance that people could wear that kind of shirt into the stadium. That's one reason he refused to take it off and when a FIFA official showed up the "authorities" quickly relented and apologized.
They also had worked out an agreement in advance to allow beer sales, how'd that work out? Why some people refuse to understand in the Muslim religion it's not only accepted it's encouraged to lie to the infidel if it helps the Muslims. Muslim 101.

They also had worked out an agreement in advance to allow beer sales, how'd that work out? Why some people refuse to understand in the Muslim religion it's not only accepted it's encouraged to lie to the infidel if it helps the Muslims. Muslim 101.
That doesn't alter the fact that Grant Wohl was told it would not be a problem to wear the shirt, he wore the shirt, with utter bravery refused to take it off and was granted admission. I do not believe he was murdered, but if he was it was because he was exposing the conditions of the essentially slave labor used to build the stadium, etc., not for wearing a tshirt. I think we all jumped the gun speculating he was murdered. And some on this board appeared to blame him for being murdered because he stood up for something he believed was the right thing to do. I didn't know him, had never heard of him until a few weeks ago. But my son knew him and says he has never known a nicer human being, a giant in the soccer-journalism world who treated everyone else with humility as if they were the superstars and he was a lowly fan. I think too many people on this board got caught up in an endeavor to score a political gotcha point at the expense of the reputation of a man who was loved by everyone who knew him.

That doesn't alter the fact that Grant Wohl was told it would not be a problem to wear the shirt, he wore the shirt, with utter bravery refused to take it off and was granted admission. I do not believe he was murdered, but if he was it was because he was exposing the conditions of the essentially slave labor used to build the stadium, etc., not for wearing a tshirt. I think we all jumped the gun speculating he was murdered. And some on this board appeared to blame him for being murdered because he stood up for something he believed was the right thing to do. I didn't know him, had never heard of him until a few weeks ago. But my son knew him and says he has never known a nicer human being, a giant in the soccer-journalism world who treated everyone else with humility as if they were the superstars and he was a lowly fan. I think too many people on this board got caught up in an endeavor to score a political gotcha point at the expense of the reputation of a man who was loved by everyone who knew him.
I didn't jump to any conclusion i merely tried to explain why wearing that shirt and reporting those stories were choices he made and he should have known there were potential consequences in third world country.
Years ago, I almost ended up in jail in France when I had an altercation with a taxi driver. If I could have pulled him out of that moving taxi I would have. Taught me a very valuable lesson.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I didn't jump to any conclusion i merely tried to explain why wearing that shirt and reporting those stories were choices he made and he should have known there were potential consequences in third world country.
Years ago, I almost ended up in jail in France when I had an altercation with a taxi driver. If I could have pulled him out of that moving taxi I would have. Taught me a very valuable lesson.
But the suggested consequences made by some posters on this board included being murdered. Wohl stood up to the consequence of wearing the shirt by refusing to take it off and ultimately being granted admission to the stadium with apologies. I applaud him for his courage, for not backing down from somethinghe thought was not worth walking away from. I don't understand the complaint by some posters on this board that criticized him for doing the right thing in the face of "consequesnces." We cheer Elon Musk for standing up to the leftist mob in the face of consequences, but criticize Wohl for doing the same thing for standing up to the right-wing mob. There is a lack of consistency involved.

But the suggested consequences made by some posters on this board included being murdered. Wohl stood up to the consequence of wearing the shirt by refusing to take it off and ultimately being granted admission to the stadium with apologies. I applaud him for his courage, for not backing down from somethinghe thought was not worth walking away from. I don't understand the complaint by some posters on this board that criticized him for doing the right thing in the face of "consequesnces." We cheer Elon Musk for standing up to the leftist mob in the face of consequences, but criticize Wohl for doing the same thing for standing up to the right-wing mob. There is a lack of consistency involved.
Wasn't criticism on my part, it was the facts of the life. I have no issue with what he did, nor did I want him to die but if they did kill him, he should have known it was a possibility. It's that simple for me.

Wasn't criticism on my part, it was the facts of the life. I have no issue with what he did, nor did I want him to die but if they did kill him, he should have known it was a possibility. It's that simple for me.
Okay, the point I'm unsuccessfully making is he faced *no* consequences for his actions. Then he died and people started pointing out he should have known what he was getting into. He didn't get into any consequences that we know about. He died a natural death as far as any of us know. And yet immediately people started proclaiming he should have known better than to mess with a Muslim nation. At this point in time what we know is he messed with a Muslim nation and nothing harmful happened to him. Then he suffered the same malady as Mike Leach (whom everyone is praising and praying for) and he is condemned for gallanty standing up for his principles of integrity in journalism. There's a disconnect here.

Last edited:
Has anyone talked to a leprechaun to see how they feel about this?

I’d imagine they’re pissed.

What used to be magic is now ass play.

Progress.

No, everyone else didn't know what you were talking about. Many posters responding with disgust to your comment.

At least you are walking it back now. As you should.

The FIFA said it was ok, lmao. Yeah I am gonna put my life at risk because the FIFA assured me it was ok.
For the life of me I cannot imagine why the rest of the World thinks Americans are arrogant and stupid.
See that dude that was just released from serving time in a Russian Prison for breaking the laws there. That Griner dude.

Reactions: iasooner2000
The FIFA said it was ok, lmao. Yeah I am gonna put my life at risk because the FIFA assured me it was ok.
For the life of me I cannot imagine why the rest of the World thinks Americans are arrogant and stupid.
See that dude that was just released from serving time in a Russian Prison for breaking the laws there. That Griner dude.
He did not put his life at risk. His life was never at risk. His life was not threatened. He was told he could not enter the stadium until he removed the tshirt. He refused and they apologized and let him in. None of this would be a "situation" in anyone's mind except he died from a heart attack, and people on this board want to make a political statement thinking they have a "gotcha," that the insufferable Muslims murdered him. You are ruining the repuation of a man that has done nothing to have his reputation ruined. In fact his life should be celebrated. His living reputation was that he was the kindest, most noble, humble, giving person you would meet. I beg of people to please stop dragging his reputaton through the mud. He does not deserve this.

Reactions: CowboyJD
He did not put his life at risk. His life was never at risk. His life was not threatened. He was told he could not enter the stadium until he removed the tshirt. He refused and they apologized and let him in. None of this would be a "situation" in anyone's mind except he died from a heart attack, and people on this board want to make a political statement thinking they have a "gotcha," that the insufferable Muslims murdered him. You are ruining the repuation of a man that has done nothing to have his reputation ruined. In fact his life should be celebrated. His living reputation was that he was the kindest, most noble, humble, giving person you would meet. I beg of people to please stop dragging his reputaton through the mud. He does not deserve this.
Sorry Dan my post was hypothetical. All I was saying is if he had died as a result of wearing that t shirt it would be rather stupid to put your life in the hands of the FIFA and what they say you can do in a Muslim Country.

Sorry Dan my post was hypothetical. All I was saying is if he had died as a result of wearing that t shirt it would be rather stupid to put your life in the hands of the FIFA and what they say you can do in a Muslim Country.
I’m sorry, I’ve become hypersensitive about this. I’ve been talking about Wahl with my son, and he is shocked and devastated that such a good man has been struck down while in his prime.

Brian said he talked to Wahl on the phone briefly the day before he died, as Wahl had called him to tell him - again - how much he loved Brian’s sports and soccer writing. Imagine getting a call from someone who’s a thousand times better known than you who then tells you that you are his favorite soccer writer. Wahl was like that with everyone he knew. He truly was adored by all that knew him. Brian said he was contacted by BBC to write a memorial in Wahl’s memory, but he turned it down, he was too distraught to find the words. But he did write a short tribute to him at the end of this piece he did for @theringer.com:

Last edited:

An autopsy was performed by the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. Grant died from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium. The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or shocks would have saved him.

So he wasn’t murdered over a t-shirt? Sure a lot of Islamophobia from the left on this subject.

An autopsy was performed by the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. Grant died from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium. The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or shocks would have saved him.

So he wasn’t murdered over a t-shirt? Sure a lot of Islamophobia from the left on this subject.
Those pesky facts are always pesky when they come out. Not a single account of his death sounded remotely similar to murder.

From the left? LOL.

Wow, natural causes. I‘m sure some are disappointed. I saw an interview this am with his wife. Very classy lady.

I’m sorry, I’ve become hypersensitive about this. I’ve been talking about Wahl with my son, and he is shocked and devastated that such a good man has been struck down while in his prime.

Brian said he talked to Wahl on the phone briefly the day before he died, as Wahl had called him to tell him - again - how much he loved Brian’s sports and soccer writing. Imagine getting a call from someone who’s a thousand times better known than you who then tells you that you are his favorite soccer writer. Wahl was like that with everyone he knew. He truly was adored by all that knew him. Brian said he was contacted by BBC to write a memorial in Wahl’s memory, but he turned it down, he was too distraught to find the words. But he did write a short tribute to him at the end of this piece he did for @theringer.com:

Seems like a class guy, and it's a shame that his tragic death was instantly politicized.

The times we're in are that every event and unfortunate incident are instantly spun and leveraged for political control. Compassion and kindness have taken a backseat to political GIGO messaging.

Seems like a class guy, and it's a shame that his tragic death was instantly politicized.

The times we're in are that every event and unfortunate incident are instantly spun and leveraged for political control. Compassion and kindness have taken a backseat to political GIGO messaging.
Ask yourself who it its that instantly spins and leverages for political control? Paul Pelosi story is a good example.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen

There's fresh air out here. 👍

Ask yourself who it its that instantly spins and leverages for political control? Paul Pelosi story is a good example.

Right? You guys went ape shit saying he was doing a homo deal and that wasn't the truth at all.

Reflexively slandering an 83 y.o. crime victim that was hit in the head with a hammer is a great example.

Right? You guys went ape shit saying he was doing a homo deal and that wasn't the truth at all.

Reflexively slandering an 83 y.o. crime victim that was hit in the head with a hammer is a great example.

Why wouldn’t we?

It’s the lefts only message.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen

Interesting how your natural reaction is to ignore the fact the MSM started the politicization of the story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT