ADVERTISEMENT

Killed over a T shirt?

He collapsed during the Argentina game. Heart attack I assume

American rights don't translate over into other countries.

He deserves whatever hell they gave him.

Jake Gyllenhaal Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Let’s see what Biden does with this one. You can’t fvck around over there. I highly doubt he “collapsed.” This dude was murdered.

Reactions: Robby789
He had a running substack publication over the deaths of Qatari Migrants used to build all the stadiums, and infrastructure for the world cup.

This was published yesterday before his death.

Definitely seems suspicious, but way too early to jump to any conclusions. I’d have people looking into it, but that would be an awfully risky move for Qatar to take out such a public figure. I just don’t know that really adds up. But again, I’d certainly have people looking into it.

Thoughts and condolences to his family. I can’t imagine the shock and heartbreak they must be feeling right now.

American rights don't translate over into other countries.

He deserves whatever hell they gave him.
There’s a lot of ignorant shit on this board every day, but saying someone deserved to die for standing up for the rights of others is about as low as it gets.

I’m ashamed to be a part of the same fan base as people who would say something so heartless.

Be better.

Why can’t we jump to conclusions???? It’s fvcking Qatar. The Middle East. FIFA. I’ll jump to conclusions. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. But I doubt it.

Why can’t we jump to conclusions???? It’s fvcking Qatar. The Middle East. FIFA. I’ll jump to conclusions. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. But I doubt it.
We shouldn’t jump to conclusions.

However, a journalist is murdered in the country he was reporting human rights violations and also not permitted to enter a stadium because of a shirt he wore which caused death threats in the same country has now died when he was seemingly healthy except for some symptoms of bronchitis.

Yea, I think we can wonder what really happened to him

this is so terribly sad. America has a lot of work to do in various areas but you forget how good we have it here when you see some of the crazy things Americans endure in other countries (Griner in Russia and now this)

Yes he assumed the risk but dang… he was freaking brave for standing up for what he believes. I hope he gets remembered for his bravery.

World Cup should have NEVER been in Qatar. Makes my blood boil.

Definitely seems suspicious, but way too early to jump to any conclusions. I’d have people looking into it, but that would be an awfully risky move for Qatar to take out such a public figure. I just don’t know that really adds up. But again, I’d certainly have people looking into it.

Thoughts and condolences to his family. I can’t imagine the shock and heartbreak they must be feeling right now.

Feel bad for his family but they shouldn’t be shocked. Everyone knows LGBT is punishable by death in the Middle East and he was extremely outspoken about supporting it. Can’t imagine it was worth dying over a shirt to his family.

Feel bad for his family but they shouldn’t be shocked. Everyone knows LGBT is punishable by death in the Middle East and he was extremely outspoken about supporting it. Can’t imagine it was worth dying over a shirt to his family.
Two things. First, his brother is gay. Second, he spent the last few weeks/months reporting on slave labor/worker conditions in Qatar. The second point is common in the lead up to World Cups. The same concerns were raised time and again when Brazil hosted in 2014.

Reactions: BiloxiPoke
I have spent a lot of time in Doha and in the Middle East in General.

If you have a sponsor, they will always tell you that you will be fine if you don’t do political things, do drugs, talk religion and bad mouth the royals.

It’s not that freaking hard and I never experienced an issue there.

It’s their country and you have to respect their culture.

Espn article

He wrote Monday:

"My body finally broke down on me. Three weeks of little sleep, high stress and lots of work can do that to you,'' Wahl wrote. "What had been a cold over the last 10 days turned into something more severe on the night of the USA-Netherlands game, and I could feel my upper chest take on a new level of pressure and discomfort.

"I didn't have Covid (I test regularly here), but I went into the medical clinic at the main media center today, and they said I probably have bronchitis. They gave me a course of antibiotics and some heavy-duty cough syrup, and I'm already feeling a bit better just a few hours later. But still: No bueno.''

So maybe complications from his symptoms or a reaction to meds.

Two things. First, his brother is gay. Second, he spent the last few weeks/months reporting on slave labor/worker conditions in Qatar. The second point is common in the lead up to World Cups. The same concerns were raised time and again when Brazil hosted in 2014.

Again, I feel bad for the family. But the Middle East just isn’t the place to support LBGT, it’s not worth it as an American. Twitter likes is not a reason to die.

And anyway these points are all moot, because it sounds like he died from natural causes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT