ADVERTISEMENT

It Is Time

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
To reintroduce Hannah Arendt to the free world. We are watching the banality of evil play out before our very eyes. Does anyone notice?

who and what are you talking about?
Basically I'm talking about people who particpate in attorcities against their fellow man because they are "only following orders." Arendt wrote books on the subject, not the least of which was a book about the trial of Adolph Eichman, the man responsible for the murder of tens of thousands of Jews during the holocaust, who at his trial, proved to be a completely banal human being, not the evil monster the world thought he was. We are watching the same thing play out today as our government relentlessly abuses our liberty because so many government agents only follow orders. Arendt signaled to us what to watch for, but it seems no one remembers her advice.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Basically I'm talking about people who particpate in attorcities against their fellow man because they are "only following orders." Arendt wrote books on the subject, not the least of which was a book about the trial of Adolph Eichman, the man responsible for the murder of tens of thousands of Jews during the holocaust, who at his trial, proved to be a completely banal human being, not the evil monster the world thought he was. We are watching the same thing play out today as our government relentlessly abuses our liberty because so many government agents only follow orders. Arendt signaled to us what to watch for, but it seems no one remembers her advice.
Key distinction they only follow orders that they agree with ideologically and actively undermine the other sides ideological agendas. All in the name of what she is saying don't do. Without understanding that blind allegiance is the point.

Undernmine Trump he is evil. This gives them the excuse to undermine. However thier definition of evil is based on one political ideology. Thus falling back into the trap.

We must first have a common sense of what is good and what is evil for this idea to work.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Key distinction they only follow orders that they agree with ideologically and actively undermine the other sides ideological agendas. All in the name of what she is saying don't do. Without understanding that blind allegiance is the point.

Undernmine Trump he is evil. This gives them the excuse to undermine. However thier definition of evil is based on one political ideology. Thus falling back into the trap.

We must first have a common sense of what is good and what is evil for this idea to work.
There is a component of that, but that is not the point or the full story. We watch videos all the time of law enforcement agents from around the world arresting or harassing citizens while telling them them they disagree with what they are being sent to do, but orders must be obeyed.

Addendum: The fourth stanza of the great John Prine song, That’s How Every Empire Falls,” encapsulates Arendt’s premise perfectly:

Last edited:
There is a component of that, but that is not the point or the full story. We watch videos all the time of law enforcement agents from around the world arresting or harassing citizens while telling them them they disagree with what they are being sent to do, but orders must be obeyed.

Addendum: The fourth stanza of the great John Prine song, That’s How Every Empire Falls,” encapsulates Arendt’s premise perfectly:

The military has to train and practice this thought patern. They are probsbly your subject matter experts. They learn it and practice it. When is an order an illegal order?

You will follow the orders of the officers appointed over you. You will only know that the order given is against the regulations or the Constitution if you study both. If you don't know either you will follow the orders blindly. This is why I say you have to know and have a common sense of what is good and what is evil. In the case if the military member the regulations are your starting point. Both the officers giving the orders and the enlisted members carrying those orders out agree upon the regulations and therfore can carry out the practice of when and when not to obey or disobey and order. The Constitution also applies. There is a very thin line between these choices and both can have life and death consequences.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Aren't you pro-Russia? Lots of people "just following orders" there.

Aren't you pro-Russia? Lots of people "just following orders" there.
First, where did you get the idea I’m pro-Russia? I am not.

Second, the idea of brutalizing other human beings because you’re following orders is universal, not confined to one country or nationality.

First, where did you get the idea I’m pro-Russia? I am not.

Second, the idea of brutalizing other human beings because you’re following orders is universal, not confined to one country or nationality.
I share Dans anti war, anti military industrial complex lying ass politicians to get filthy rich off wars that young men are dying from.

I won't say Im pro Russia but Russia did kick out the POS Rothschild central bankers and POS Soros....the USA has not. Anyone thinks Russian govt is worse than ours I would take money against that all day long

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Hungary has basically kicked him out of Hungary but he still has his influencers there with his evil money, but the USA just welcomes his destruction

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Not a problem. I have been harshly - harshly! - critical of America’s role in causing that damned war, so many people have jumped to the conclusion I am pro-Russian. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am over-the-top anti-war.

You’ve posted articles saying Ukraine should let Russia walk through their country unfettered lol. Cmon man.

carry on

You’ve posted articles saying Ukraine should let Russia walk through their country unfettered lol. Cmon man.

carry on
Link? You sure make a lot of claims you can't back up. I'm sure you'll bitch out on this as usual.

Still waiting for that data that shows that women being forced to carry dead fetuses to term is on the rise...

ClinTARD on

Link? You sure make a lot of claims you can't back up. I'm sure you'll bitch out on this as usual.

Still waiting for that data that shows that women being forced to carry dead fetuses to term is on the rise...

ClinTARD on

84cd6023-5996-457f-8c95-b94f5ad8a7d6_text.gif

carry on
Nope, haven’t done that. I’ve posted comments that say most if not all of the East is lost and almost certainly will not be recovered, so the best thing for Zekensky to do is negotiate a peace. I guess you interpret that as my saying let Russia walk all over Ukraine. There’s nothing I can do when you intentionally mischaracterize my comments.

To reintroduce Hannah Arendt to the free world. We are watching the banality of evil play out before our very eyes. Does anyone notice?

The real question is, do you notice?

After all, you are one of the biggest defenders of authoritarian leaders and countries on this board.

Of course you are. That and pro-Putin (which is essentially one in the same right now).

You are also very anti-American. You see your own government as more of a threat to humanity than leaders like Putin.
Nice Reach Pedo POS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT