ADVERTISEMENT

Nuclear Power (Quitely) Making A Big Come Back

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

With the current technology available nuclear looks to be our best option. It as green as any of the so called green energy, doesn't require massive new mining operations, it's reliable, inexpensive, safe, has longevity and solves to left's obsession with CO2 emissions.Of course Hillary selling off our nations nuclear reserves will come back to haunt us but hey at least she made millions off of it.

With the current technology available nuclear looks to be our best option. It as green as any of the so called green energy, doesn't require massive new mining operations, it's reliable, inexpensive, safe, has longevity and solves to left's obsession with CO2 emissions.Of course Hillary selling off our nations nuclear reserves will come back to haunt us but hey at least she made millions off of it.
A friend of my daughter who is now a physics professor a the University of California has maintained since he was a junior high kid that nuclear is the best option. I think he knows what he's talking about.

Last edited:
A friend of my daughter who is now a physics professor a the University of California has maintained snce he was a junior high kid that nuclear is the best option. I think he knows what he's talking about.

He’s right.

Modern nuclear reactors (if any of them could ever get built despite the bureaucratic red tape) are far safer and efficient than the plants of the 70’s and 80’s.

I wish we could get more up and running. It would be a game changer.

The only problem I've heard about it is the waste stays radioactive for scores or hundreds of years.

But we've been lied to about literally everything so means it's prob safe as can be.

But the left can't control us that way And make billions off of it (that I know if) so I bet they will shoot it down and if they do the controlled opposition R's will also

2000 Mules was like Hillary's pal Putin winning the Power Ball. It wasn't Hillary who lobbed 59 missiles at Putin's favorite client.

This. It is an energy source that matches or even beats the energy to fuel ratio of gas. Until you get a significant amount of reactors up and running trying to go electric is just senile.

The Idaho Nuclear Laboratory is a vast sagebrush desert that is around 900 square miles in size. It is HUGE. It’s where nuclear waste is incinerated (or at least it used to be).

There was a huge local outcry amongst the left wing Jackson Hole crowd because some of that radiation would drift downwind. I don’t believe it was enough to hurt anything, but OH MY GOD WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE.

The Dingbat Left was successful in getting them to shut it down for a while. Not sure if they ever resumed activities or not. I think I recall they were just storing a bunch of the waste in Nevada. And of course, that makes people upset as well. Obama was pro-nuclear (a rare occasion in which I agree with him) and even his spellbinding power over left wingers couldn’t get it done.

We will see.

The Idaho Nuclear Laboratory is a vast sagebrush desert that is around 900 square miles in size. It is HUGE. It’s where nuclear waste is incinerated (or at least it used to be).

There was a huge local outcry amongst the left wing Jackson Hole crowd because some of that radiation would drift downwind. I don’t believe it was enough to hurt anything, but OH MY GOD WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE.

The Dingbat Left was successful in getting them to shut it down for a while. Not sure if they ever resumed activities or not. I think I recall they were just storing a bunch of the waste in Nevada. And of course, that makes people upset as well. Obama was pro-nuclear (a rare occasion in which I agree with him) and even his spellbinding power over left wingers couldn’t get it done.

We will see.
It's past time t tell the leftist wackos to shut the fvck up. Listening and trying to pacify the unhinged left is why we are in this mess.

They are not the majority, they are the most dishonest and vocal. Time to tell the to STFU and quit trying to pacify them.

Keep telling yourself that. How many people that you lay eyes on a day could discuss energy policy? But they still have very strong opinions without the actual knowledge. The left controls people who have no business participating.

Build them in and along San Andreas please !
Right sc@nimby fatass ? Your yard can have an ocean view too !

Long but interesting article on the potential safety issues with nuclear

How Safe Are Nuclear Power Plants?
That's a good read. It lays out the risk end of the spectrum quite well. It doesn't however give enough coverage of the experience and safety record of small scale nuclear (think subs and aircraft carriers) which I am doubling down on right now research wise.

The ironic part is that they new they were going to need Nuclear power to meet their emission demands, yet they proceeded with the plants retirement anyways. So now, the state is going to spend hundreds of millions (billions?) of dollars to reverse the retirement of the facility all of which could have been avoided if they'd have simply chosen to maintain the plant 3 years ago. Just further evidence that the government has zero incentive or capability of being good stewards of our (thanks to federal subsidies to offset those costs) tax dollars.

The ironic part is that they new they were going to need Nuclear power to meet their emission demands, yet they proceeded with the plants retirement anyways. So now, the state is going to spend hundreds of millions (billions?) of dollars to reverse the retirement of the facility all of which could have been avoided if they'd have simply chosen to maintain the plant 3 years ago. Just further evidence that the government has zero incentive or capability of being good stewards of our (thanks to federal subsidies to offset those costs) tax dollars.
That's not what has/is happening. But understandable that folks might see it that way.

I'm not seeing any opportunities right now. Get back to me if you hear of anything interesting.
It's the ground floor, David! Or maybe it would be better to say it's the ground sea floor. These are exciting Green New Deal times. You of all people should be leading the way with your ample investment strategy.

It's the ground floor, David! Or maybe it would be better to say it's the ground sea floor. These are exciting Green New Deal times. You of all people should be leading the way with your ample investment strategy.
Like I said, feel free to refer anything you think looks interesting.

Like I said, feel free to refer anything you think looks interesting.
I know a guy that says he charges $400/hour to offer his analyses, and this is a direct quote from him: "Electric ocean freight transport is starting to pencil out." What could possibly be more interesting than electric ocean freight transport that is *starting* to pencil out? It looks like a fantastic ground floor investment, kinda like getting in on Google or Apple at the beginning. What's holding you back, David? This has Green New Deal written all over it. Aren't you a big proponent of the Green New Deal?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT