ADVERTISEMENT

ISU Program

Air_Thurman

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2003
So this might be in poor taste and the last thing we need is for another Big 12 program to struggle but ISU's roster seems to be falling apart. I can't imagine we have much if any scholarship money but are there any potential recruits or transfers we could use to fill some holes?

I would like to see ISU return to be a powerhouse . Of course still fail to beat the Pokes but give us a strong challenge .

I would like to see ISU return to be a powerhouse . Of course still fail to beat the Pokes but give us a strong challenge .

I'm with you. We really need a strong Big 12 so I hate to see ISU go through this. They've had a couple of recruits and current guys say they are out. I think I read Downey is leaving. He is talented (and a weight of need for us) but he seems like a supreme tool.

I'm with you. We really need a strong Big 12 so I hate to see ISU go through this. They've had a couple of recruits and current guys say they are out. I think I read Downey is leaving. He is talented (and a weight of need for us) but he seems like a supreme tool.
I would not want him. Interesting side note, he is registered to compete in the Schultz memorial.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I said this on another forum but I think they will go after a "big" hire. Don't see any of the assistants getting the job. However, their timing is better then an OU as far as getting the coach in soon after NCAAs in order to get the ball rolling. I also feel like they are doing what is ethical in announcing now to give the committed recruits the ability to transfer.... suggesting they grant the releases in which I believe they will. They are not handcuffing these guys as OU did. I desperately want to see Iowa State regain its swag for the Big 12.

If I were KJ I'd hold out Downey from the Big 12's and NCAA's in spite, after seeing all his twitter rants. I know he was calling out Crutchmer and everyone ranked in the top 10 at 184.

So this might be in poor taste and the last thing we need is for another Big 12 program to struggle but ISU's roster seems to be falling apart. I can't imagine we have much if any scholarship money but are there any potential recruits or transfers we could use to fill some holes?

I know they are struggling this year but KJ had put together a very strong class so I was a little surprised to see than make this move.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I like KJ, but it is time to drain the swamp. This thing can be rebuilt into a top 10 power within a 3-4 year window with the right hire. Who is that right hire?

I like KJ, but it is time to drain the swamp. This thing can be rebuilt into a top 10 power within a 3-4 year window with the right hire. Who is that right hire?

IMO top 10 and power don't necessarily go together. Top 5, yes. Has to be a progression. Consistant top 10, and move up.

KJ and Staff were always great to me and I was always offered the opportunity to go to practice when I traveled to the duals with OSU & OU. I also got cards over the years when I had surgery and when my mom passed away. I should also say that I have got that with previous Staffs as well. I'm not a big donor in anyway, just a guy who is loyal to ISU wrestling and loved to travel to watch them.

I would hope that there could be 3-4 great hires to choose from. Each is going to give their vision for the Program, and Pollard gets the big bucks to make the choice using every possible input from those in the wrestling circles including ISU and outside.

Reactions: buf87
IMO top 10 and power don't necessarily go together. Top 5, yes. Has to be a progression. Consistant top 10, and move up.

KJ and Staff were always great to me and I was always offered the opportunity to go to practice when I traveled to the duals with OSU & OU. I also got cards over the years when I had surgery and when my mom passed away. I should also say that I have got that with previous Staffs as well. I'm not a big donor in anyway, just a guy who is loyal to ISU wrestling and loved to travel to watch them.

I would hope that there could be 3-4 great hires to choose from. Each is going to give their vision for the Program, and Pollard gets the big bucks to make the choice using every possible input from those in the wrestling circles including ISU and outside.

I agree top ten isn't enough, but it would be a good floor. It would be nice to be in the title hunt often, but I think a top ten type floor during rebuilding years is where I would hope to start.

Reactions: Gooseeman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT