ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa at Iowa State

turfpoke

All-American
Dec 10, 2003
I just read where it is the first regular season dual broadcast by ESPN.

Nice to see the sport getting more attention.

Looks like an exciting dual on paper.

I don’t know about worse but definitely doesn’t look like he has improved at all. Maybe too early to say, but hopefully that transfer worked out in our favor.

Reactions: bwel9339
I've always thought VV has struggled finishing his shots, not sure if that's because he shoots with space and cant get that first deep penetration, but even when he did I can recall a number of times he always seemed to be extended out and called for stalemate or got countered. I don't think it was a lack of strength for him. Maybe he's just a little too slow on his feet.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing about this dual is that fact that it doesn’t look like either Team has a hole as big in their lineup as OSU currently has.

Iowa State looks GOOD.

Where would you rank OSU’s Guy vs. both of these Teams?

125: ?, Need more information at this point but wouldn’t trade OSU’s Guy. Feels like there is an opening.
133: 1st, No Brainer…MAN ISU got a good one
141: 3rd right now
149: 2nd for now, wouldn’t trade
157: 4th 😊
165: 2nd
174: Going to say 2nd for now, wouldn't trade
184: 1st
197: 1st
285: 2nd

Last edited:
Where would you rank OSU’s Guy vs. both of these Teams?

125: ?, Need more information at this point but wouldn’t trade OSU’s Guy
133: 1st, No Brainer, MAN ISU got a good one
141: 3rd right now
149: 2nd for now, wouldn’t trade
157: 4th 😊
165: 2nd
174: Going to say 2nd for now
184: 1st
197: 1st
285: 2nd
Just wait til we get that 157 Blair promised us

• Haha
Reactions: JAY45
Coleman > OSU, Koll > UNC, Ayres > Stanford, Cardenas stays at Stanford
I think the portal closed in May for undergrads and Cardenas wasn't in it. It that's correct, then Cardenas only got the opportunity to transfer because Coleman left UNC & then Koll left Stanford. In that sense Coleman enabled the possibility.

The 157 transfer is a riddle, at least to me. Blair started saying to be patient back in May. But after the portal closed the options became limited. Then in early August Chris Perry mentioned a possible grad transfer. Then the coaching changes happened which opened up more possibilities.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
He’s got a lot of time left in his career, but so far he has not developed/progressed at all since high school IMO.
I feel like he started heading the wrong way while in High School. Correct me if I am wrong, but he was better as a freshman and sophmore in HS, and began to take some bad losses his junior and senior year. Came to OSU and seemed just stale.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT