ADVERTISEMENT

Into Which Category Of Trump Supporter Do You Put Yourself?

Or does this guy not understand why anyone supports DJT?

The better question is do you understand why anyone would support Trump?

I don't really want to support Trump but with the way Democrats in government, the media and in the general public constantly attack him and anyone that would dare consider him for President I'm more open to voting for him just as a middle finger to those mentioned.

The better question is do you understand why anyone would support Trump?

I don't really want to support Trump but with the way Democrats in government, the media and in the general public constantly attack him and anyone that would dare consider him for President I'm more open to voting for him just as a middle finger to those mentioned.
Yes, I understand why someone supports Trump, there are a myriad of reasons as the author describes. My point, and his, is there are better choices for the benefit of the country than Donald Trump, but for various reasons the author discusses the “Trump holdouts” will be voting for him even when they know he’s not the best option. I maintain there are “Trump holdouts” that have settled on him without further exploration for better candidates, they’ve simply latched onto him and are resolved not to change their minds under any circumstances.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Yes, I understand why someone supports Trump, there are a myriad of reasons as the author describes. My point, and his, is there are better choices for the benefit of the country than Donald Trump, but for various reasons the author discusses the “Trump holdouts” will be voting for him even when they know he’s not the best option. I maintain there are “Trump holdouts” that have settled on him without further exploration for better candidates, they’ve simply latched onto him and are resolved not to change their minds under any circumstances.
Who's the expert that suggests Trump ain't the better option for the Republican party Dan? Opine my man.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
“Last of all, I spoke with a well-established conservative in Southern California, and he like many views Trump as the ongoing Middle Finger to the political establishment. Because of one legal challenge after another, ongoing politicized criminal indictments and civil suits, Trump is the figurehead for the Persecuted America. Understandably, people recognize this lawfare from a politicized DOJ.

Trump represents something to this group: the Outsider who took on the Establishment, and one cannot really dislodge or dissuade anyone from that mythos. It is true, no matter how one criticizes his rhetoric or his actions (and failures) during his Presidency. Trump makes The Deep State mad, and if he wins the primary and the general election, his triumph carries the symbolic power of “Beating the System.”

^ This is me right here. It’s also why I think the anti-Trump BSG/NSGs (so called) are just a bunch of White Claw sipping pussies who lack the balls to admit that they’re just plain old leftists. We actually walked the walk. They just sat on the sidelines and joined in the chorus of “Reeeeeee!!!! Mean tweets!!!!!”

“Last of all, I spoke with a well-established conservative in Southern California, and he like many views Trump as the ongoing Middle Finger to the political establishment. Because of one legal challenge after another, ongoing politicized criminal indictments and civil suits, Trump is the figurehead for the Persecuted America. Understandably, people recognize this lawfare from a politicized DOJ.

Trump represents something to this group: the Outsider who took on the Establishment, and one cannot really dislodge or dissuade anyone from that mythos. It is true, no matter how one criticizes his rhetoric or his actions (and failures) during his Presidency. Trump makes The Deep State mad, and if he wins the primary and the general election, his triumph carries the symbolic power of “Beating the System.”

^ This is me right here. It’s also why I think the anti-Trump BSG/NSGs (so called) are just a bunch of White Claw sipping pussies who lack the balls to admit that they’re just plain old leftists. We actually walked the walk. They just sat on the sidelines and joined in the chorus of “Reeeeeee!!!! Mean tweets!!!!!”
Now mister! 👍

In your own way you’re saying what Bearcat has been saying for weeks if not months, and when I echo those sentiments others on this board insist I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Reactions: AC2020
Well like assholes, everyone has an opinion.

You keep proving that you don’t get it, and your free trade arguments finally clued me in as to why you don’t get it.

You are so laser focused on analyzing and making decisions based on your principles and ideology you are completely blind to the reasoning of someone who cares about results.

People who hold their nose and vote for Trump despite knowing that he’s an ass and despite knowing that he may not be the best candidate are doing so because they place ultimate importance on ensuring that the candidate most likely to beat the Democrat in the general election is the one that gets the Republican nomination.

If you want to argue that Trump isn’t that candidate, knock yourself out. But there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he probably is, and anyone with the motivation of stopping another Democrat admin is likely to vote for Trump in spite of a laundry list of reasons why they would likely rather not.

Personally, I’m not voting in the primaries because in my state I expect them to be meaningless. The general election will likely be meaningless in my state also, but I will probably still vote to help show that not everyone who lives here is a brainwashed communist.

You keep proving that you don’t get it, and your free trade arguments finally clued me in as to why you don’t get it.

You are so laser focused on analyzing and making decisions based on your principles and ideology you are completely blind to the reasoning of someone who cares about results.

People who hold their nose and vote for Trump despite knowing that he’s an ass and despite knowing that he may not be the best candidate are doing so because they place ultimate importance on ensuring that the candidate most likely to beat the Democrat in the general election is the one that gets the Republican nomination.

If you want to argue that Trump isn’t that candidate, knock yourself out. But there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he probably is, and anyone with the motivation of stopping another Democrat admin is likely to vote for Trump in spite of a laundry list of reasons why they would likely rather not.

Personally, I’m not voting in the primaries because in my state I expect them to be meaningless. The general election will likely be meaningless in my state also, but I will probably still vote to help show that not everyone who lives here is a brainwashed communist.
Nothing I’ve ever said about this subject indicates I don’t get why people support Trump. Nothing you or any of the others has said has been baffling. Just because I think you are making an error in voting for him - especially the notion he’s the one (the only one?) that can win the general - means I disagree with your reason for supporting him, not that I don’t understand it. The author of the link identified several categories of Trump supporters he calls holdouts. The question being asked is into which category do you put yourself. So far only SiL has answered.

Nothing I’ve ever said about this subject indicates I don’t get why people support Trump. Nothing you or any of the others has said has been baffling. Just because I think you are making an error in voting for him - especially the notion he’s the one (the only one?) that can win the general - means I disagree with your reason for supporting him, not that I don’t understand it. The author of the link identified several categories of Trump supporters he calls holdouts. The question being asked is into which category do you put yourself. So far only SiL has answered.

Except for the fact that neither you nor the author has yet to acknowledge that group.

And you still didn’t even understand what I just posted. I didn’t even say that I will vote for him - I only implied that I would if he was the Republican nominee.

The point is that many people don’t fit into these boxes that you are so certain must define everyone who will vote for Trump. It’s honestly baffling to me.

I know that there are myriad reasons why people will vote for Kennedy or whomever ends up with the Democrat nomination. Why are you so obsessed with this categorization of Trump voters?

Except for the fact that neither you nor the author has yet to acknowledge that group.

And you still didn’t even understand what I just posted. I didn’t even say that I will vote for him - I only implied that I would if he was the Republican nominee.

The point is that many people don’t fit into these boxes that you are so certain must define everyone who will vote for Trump. It’s honestly baffling to me.

I know that there are myriad reasons why people will vote for Kennedy or whomever ends up with the Democrat nomination. Why are you so obsessed with this categorization of Trump voters?
Stirrin folks up.

What group did I not acknowledge, the group that wants to beat the Democrats and are sure has the best chance of doing it? I would have put that group on the outside edge of Bearcat’s reasoning: he’s the big FU to everyone that doesn’t support him.

And it did not go unnoticed that you couched your comment in implication. The implication is you support Trump but don’t want to admit it. But you spoil your argument by doing so. If you don’t support Trump you have no grounds to say I don’t understand why someone does. If you do support him you were asked why, but begged off answering. Which is fine, you don’t have to answer, obviously. But it leaves one wondering why you joined the conversation at all.

I think there are a lot of reasons why people would want to vote for Kennedy. My reason is I think he is the only candidate that say he wants to end the proxy war in Ukraine and means it.

The error was people voting for the corrupt, inept POS that currently resides about half the time in the White House.

What group did I not acknowledge, the group that wants to beat the Democrats and are sure has the best chance of doing it? I would have put that group on the outside edge of Bearcat’s reasoning: he’s the big FU to everyone that doesn’t support him.

And it did not go unnoticed that you couched your comment in implication. The implication is you support Trump but don’t want to admit it. But you spoil your argument by doing so. If you don’t support Trump you have no grounds to say I don’t understand why someone does. If you do support him you were asked why, but begged off answering. Which is fine, you don’t have to answer, obviously. But it leaves one wondering why you joined the conversation at all.

I think there are a lot of reasons why people would want to vote for Kennedy. My reason is I think he is the only candidate that say he wants to end the proxy war in Ukraine and means it.
Santa clause is real Dan.

Holy crap Dan, why are you so obsessed with putting words in my mouth and thoughts in my brain?

It sounds very authoritarian of you.

I don’t support Trump. The only possible show of support I may have for him is when I may cast a vote for him, and that will be in spite of many reasons I don’t support him. I would even suggest that voting for him is not necessarily supporting him and possibly opposing someone else instead.

These aren’t new ideas - they have been discussed extensively as the quality of candidates has continued to dwindle.

Holy crap Dan, why are you so obsessed with putting words in my mouth and thoughts in my brain?

It sounds very authoritarian of you.

I don’t support Trump. The only possible show of support I may have for him is when I may cast a vote for him, and that will be in spite of many reasons I don’t support him. I would even suggest that voting for him is not necessarily supporting him and possibly opposing someone else instead.

These aren’t new ideas - they have been discussed extensively as the quality of candidates has continued to dwindle.
Well, like I said since you acknowledge that you don’t support Trump you lack credibility in claiming I don’t understand why people do.

I apologize! I did not start this thread to get in a pissing match wih you. Or anybody else for that matter. But it would seem if I was going to get in a pissing match it would be with someone who supports him! Actually you’re the ultimate target for the thread, someone who tepidly feels he might vote for Trump but quietly wonders why he should and considers there are other candidates he probably should support, candidates that would be much better for the country. My whole “obsession” as you call it with Trump is concern that his nomination and victory could tear this country to shreds.

Well, like I said since you acknowledge that you don’t support Trump you lack credibility in claiming I don’t understand why people do.

I apologize! I did not start this thread to get in a pissing match wih you. Or anybody else for that matter. But it would seem if I was going to get in a pissing match it would be with someone who supports him! Actually you’re the ultimate target for the thread, someone who tepidly feels he might vote for Trump but quietly wonders why he should and considers there are other candidates he probably should support, candidates that would be much better for the country. My whole “obsession” as you call it with Trump is concern that his nomination and victory could tear this country to shreds.

I get what you are saying. But you need to consider what would happen if Biden were reelected and try to contrast.

If this admin had 4 more years could you imagine how boldly they would double down on their insanity?

I will be voting for DeSantis in the primary if he is still in the race and for the pub in the general unless it is Krispy creme Christie at which point I will write in Ted Cruz again. I done held my nose for McShame...no more !!!

I get what you are saying. But you need to consider what would happen if Biden were reelected and try to contrast.

If this admin had 4 more years could you imagine how boldly they would double down on their insanity?
I *am* considering what would happen with four more years of Democrats! That’s why I’m begging people to reconsider their support for Trump. The Democrats/Deep State have had 8 years to propagandize/manipulate what the American people think of the man and have successfully persuaded half of them to utterly despise him. It doesn’t matter whether the hatred is justified, what matters is it exists and will make it very difficult, if not impossible, for him to win. He’s a carny barker loudmouth sleaze bag that makes promises he has no intention of keeping, he just makes them to keep his adoring fans in line, to begin with, and couple that with his 50% unfavorables before the general has even started and people voting for him are very likely to throw the chance to oust the Democrats away for nothing. Plus even if he wins the country will be in for four more years of his first term multiplied by a thousand. He’d be a lame duck president from day one. Who thinks he’ll get anything productive accomplished? Someone like DeSantis or Kennedy would at least have a puncher’s chance of overseeing something good for the country.

I *am* considering what would happen with four more years of Democrats! That’s why I’m begging people to reconsider their support for Trump. The Democrats/Deep State have had 8 years to propagandize/manipulate what the American people think of the man and have successfully persuaded half of them to utterly despise him. It doesn’t matter whether the hatred is justified, what matters is it exists and will make it very difficult, if not impossible, for him to win. He’s a carny barker loudmouth sleaze bag that makes promises he has no intention of keeping, he just makes them to keep his adoring fans in line, to begin with, and couple that with his 50% unfavorables before the general has even started and people voting for him are very likely to throw the chance to oust the Democrats away for nothing. Plus even if he wins the country will be in for four more years of his first term multiplied by a thousand. He’d be a lame duck president from day one. Who thinks he’ll get anything productive accomplished? Someone like DeSantis or Kennedy would at least have a puncher’s chance of overseeing something good for the country.
Two things.

One, debate why all you want but Trump will be the nominee. It's over.

Two, Trump's VP pick will be critical because with a Trump win in the general they will be the heir apparent to the equivalent of a third Trump term.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT