ADVERTISEMENT

If you had millions...what would you do as philanthropic endeavor?

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
I have actually given this some thought if I won the lottery.

I would even be willing to invest some tax dollars on this. IMO, here is how you fix Chicago and other crime "hotspots" in larger cities.

Here is what I would do in OKC:

1. Determine the crime hot spots in the City and determine the area of the worst crime.
2. Build a BIG community and Youth recreation center in that area. $25 million center at the min.
3. Have buses that could take kids after school to this center.
4. Have the following programs (just to name a few);
- Computers and teachers available to help kids with home work
- Skilled labor training so when they graduate HS they can get a job
- Have various activities like cooking classes, sewing, art classes, basketball teams and tournaments, with the goal of these kids gaining self esteem
- Social and life skill mentoring for the youth, as well as for the parents. Many of these parents come out of single family homes and suffer from anger issues that makes them parent poorly, help them, given them some parenting skills.
- Counselors for kids that need counseling
- Bring in mentors to talk to the kids, how they were able to get out of poverty and a bad situation

The Dems are wanting to pay for free college education when the education system is so bad below the University system that the poor and minorities "graduating" from these HS's are not prepared for College coursework and will never get a degree, that gap will get wider handing out free college, not smaller. Just because you want to offer free education does not mean more kids are qualified to get a degree.

Investing dollars in the system below the College level is how to change areas that are full of crime and murder. You have to start changing the culture way before College, you have to train kids and parents about good role modeling, being an adult, opening their eyes to opportunities, building self esteem at an early age, and giving them a skill (carpenter, electrician, mechanic, etc..) so they can get a job out of HS at the very least. We are short 6 million skilled laborers in the US right now.

IF Congress wants to spend all this money on free college? It is wrong, that money would be better spent doing what I have suggested. They have the statistical data to show programs like this work in reducing crime in hot spot neighborhoods. Give parents and kids something meaningful to do after school hours.

I believe this would help our murder and gun "problem".

We need more not for profits building these types of programs and perhaps keeping this from being a tax burden.

So, trying to have a positive conversation. If you won $250 - $400 million in the lottery, what would you do from a philanthropic perspective to pay it back to the community at some level?

Last edited:
Gif0_two_chicks.gif

1. 15% to my church
2. Make a movie that debunks the notion that liberals could hunt down anything except hair dye, lattés and tattoo artists.
3. Start a dog sanctuary on the land we bought and coordinate with transport groups to send those babies to states that enforce spay/neuter laws and where they have an
adoptable dog deficit.
4. Pay off as many OK politicians as possible to pass legislation to outlaw backyard breeding of dogs in the state.
5. Keep working cuz I love my job.

Last edited:
Reactions: OKSTATE1
I would buy one way tickets for all the libtards that said they were moving to Canada if Trump won.
Then I would buy my neighbors house so he could move and take his damn barking dogs with him. Then I would bulldoze it down.

I would donate to as many endowed chairs as possible to all the departments my wife and I have been associated with. Extras would go directly to those departments, area zoos, and wildlife conservation efforts.

Last edited:
Reactions: OKSTATE1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT