ADVERTISEMENT

Getting rich in Congress

osu_orangestreak

Heisman Candidate
Feb 15, 2002
Ever wondered how so and so can get elected and have a net worth in the thousands and leave office a millionaire?

This is how they do it.

You own a restaurant in Stilwell. Aluminum building with a dirt parking lot.

You sell it to the Cherokee nation for 1.5 million. They then shudder it and use it for storage

You make a pile of cash and the tribe just bought a US Senator.

Why buy a 40-50k building for that much and use it for storage?

I work for a financial company that could have 'insider' knowledge. I can't trade a single stock without having to Pre-approve the transaction through compliance prior to executing the purchase. If we aren't going to prevent Congressmen (and other government employees) from purchasing individual stocks, why at least are they not held to the same standards that the SEC holds its participants?

I work for a financial company that could have 'insider' knowledge. I can't trade a single stock without having to Pre-approve the transaction through compliance prior to executing the purchase. If we aren't going to prevent Congressmen (and other government employees) from purchasing individual stocks, why at least are they not held to the same standards that the SEC holds its participants?

I think you know why.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Would like to know when the EPA decision was made public and when he made the stock purchase.

epa announcement 5/23
bought stock in badger meter 1/4/24
tulsa announces city contract
to use badger meter 1/21/24

epa announcement 5/23
bought stock in badger meter 1/4/24
tulsa announces city contract
to use badger meter 1/21/24

Thanks for doing that.

I get that he had a preview of the upcoming attraction. But if he waited until the info was publicly available before acting, then I’m not nearly as offended as I would otherwise be.

Thanks for doing that.

I get that he had a preview of the upcoming attraction. But if he waited until the info was publicly available before acting, then I’m not nearly as offended as I would otherwise be.

I think the issue is that he was likely privy to the local Tulsa contract before it was public knowledge.

Did the stock bump when they announced the Tulsa contract? I’m too lazy to look

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT