ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

"Recruiting News?"; I just the noticed how fitting it is to have that question mark in this thread name. I counted something like 50 posts since the last one that had anything to do with "Recruiting" which spanned all of the previous page. Maybe we should add another "?" or just start one fresh one called "Not Recruiting News"

"Recruiting News?"; I just the noticed how fitting it is to have that question mark in this thread name. I counted something like 50 posts since the last one that had anything to do with "Recruiting" which spanned all of the previous page. Maybe we should add another "?" or just start one fresh one called "Not Recruiting News"
A new '23-'24 recruiting news thread was created just the other day. Unfortunately online message boards have a tendency to run off the rails from time to time. Maybe there should be a new thread made and titled "Festivus", where everyone can post their grievances about the program.

I listened to Willie’s podcast earlier. He said Feldkamp has taken trips to Nebraska, Iowa State and that Oklahoma State is still in the mix. He expects him to make a decision real soon. Just passing along info. It’s on his podcast on Rokfin. The topic starts about the 16:00 minute mark.

Yes both should be better than OSU.Maybe they have a nice NIL stash?
I think we will be better than ISU but it will be close probably and bonus a factor
Us:
125,133,141,174,197(Bastida going to heavy)
Them:
Toss up: 157 HWT
-more of an unknown than a toss up. If Williams is at 157 I think we would be favored (against a stud true freshman) but if he is 149, you have to favor Paniro for now.

Reactions: JAY45
I think we will be better than ISU but it will be close probably and bonus a factor
Us:
125,133,141,174,197(Bastida going to heavy)
Them:
Toss up: 157 HWT
-more of an unknown than a toss up. If Williams is at 157 I think we would be favored (against a stud true freshman) but if he is 149, you have to favor Paniro for now.
I would be surprised at this time if Williams could beat Chittum at 157 plus I think Williams will wrestle 49 because that is a better weight for him. From what I have seen this last year Williams is not strong enough, big enough, or physical enough to do good at 157

I would be surprised at this time if Williams could beat Chittum at 157 plus I think Williams will wrestle 49 because that is a better weight for him. From what I have seen this last year Williams is not strong enough, big enough, or physical enough to do good at 157
We will be better than them at 84 also

Agreed. Need to find a 157 in the portal.

I hate this but I heard on the Bison forum ( I am a Bison fan also) that Jared Franek may be in the portal. If he leaves it would make it a lot less painful if he became a Cowboy.
He would be great, but I'd have to think he'd go to OU right?

He would be great, but I'd have to think he'd go to OU right?
The forum members seem to indicate that Franek and Caliendo are looking for NIL deals. It is mentioned that Minnesota might give Caliendo a good deal ( he was an All American as a freshman and beat our 165 transfer for 7th). Franek has a Master's degree and won that athlete scholar award the last 2 years.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
No one that hasn’t wrestled a match has done much

He has also been enrolled in college for 2 years.

You don’t have to come to the over top defense to everything that is OSU wrestling. We are all fans here who want the best for OSU.

He looks to be a young intriguing talent who has had some good success in FS. Will be interesting to see what that means for his folk career here at this level.

He has also been enrolled in college for 2 years.

You don’t have to come to the over top defense to everything that is OSU wrestling. We are all fans here who want the best for OSU.

He looks to be a young intriguing talent who has had some good success in FS. Will be interesting to see what that means for his folk career here at this level.
That’s because the majority of people on here always find a way to make a negative out of a positive.

I went back and watched some of his matches on Flo when I first heard the rumors. He beat Teague Travis and looked to wrestler Carter really close last year at what I think was national duals. He beat Chittum and probably would have started for a ton of programs but was behind some super seniors at Minny.

Edit: like some early post said he wrestled for Plano and a year for Durant. He wasn’t rated very high out of high school, but looks to have come on as of late with 2 years of college already under his belt. Plenty of ties to the cowboys. Is a solid pick up for us and personally someone I think we will see in the lineup as soon as next year.

Reactions: bwel9339
I hope so because this mullet he’s rocking is amazing.
I went back and watched some of his matches on Flo when I first heard the rumors. He beat Teague Travis and looked to wrestler Carter really close last year at what I think was national duals. He beat Chittum and probably would have started for a ton of programs but was behind some super seniors at Minny.

Edit: like some early post said he wrestled for Plano and a year for Durant. He wasn’t rated very high out of high school, but looks to have come on as of late with 2 years of college already under his belt. Plenty of ties to the cowboys. Is a solid pick up for us and personally someone I think we will see in the lineup as soon as next

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT