ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

I’m taking that as he’s heard of someone. Not going to share who it is. Maybe we’ll get some inside info on the podcast.
I’m not saying nothing.this is the problem with 99 present of the people on here talking about kids and the program. 75 present of the time they’re just throwing shit out there . I’m just telling you we will be fine.If the people on here really want to help go to okla st rtc and give.

I’m not saying nothing.this is the problem with 99 present of the people on here talking about kids and the program. 75 present of the time they’re just throwing shit out there . I’m just telling you we will be fine.If the people on here really want to help go to okla st rtc and give.
Do I need to show receipts before I’m allowed to discuss on here? I apologize for breaking decorum if so.

Do I need to show receipts before I’m allowed to discuss on here? I apologize for breaking decorum if so.
Far too polite. Go visit the Iowa board for pointers on how to be properly salty. :)

Blair2000 has a point though. Speculating is fun but probably doesn’t have much impact outside of this forum. And it does feel a wee bit entitled to expect complete transparency even as a longtime fan. Dunno. I’m just excited for any little nuggets of info.

I try to refrain from any personal attacks on student athletes (although there are a few that I'm happy I no longer have to watch), now the coaches or program, in general, are fair game as far as I"m concerned.

Come to think of it, once you go from being a scholarship athlete to an athlete cashing checks, that shelter of amateurism kind of starts to fade. Can't always get your cake and eat it too.

Retweet. This is accurate assessment. Half the time the posters on here are throwing nonsense in the air and hoping it will stick. If you really wanna have an impact bring out the check books or shut ur mouth and purchase your season tickets will your at it cowboy

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I try to refrain from any personal attacks on student athletes (although there are a few that I'm happy I no longer have to watch), now the coaches or program, in general, are fair game as far as I"m concerned.

Come to think of it, once you go from being a scholarship athlete to an athlete cashing checks, that shelter of amateurism kind of starts to fade. Can't always get your cake and eat it too.
I used to not like saying bad things about college athletes. Now that they are getting paid and are free agents, not so much.

I don’t think there has been much if any personal attacks on our student athletes. At least nothing I can recall. Maybe with the exception of AJ and his brother which have caused quite the stir. I thought these boards were very kind and encouraging to VV when he left and committed to Iowa. Now the program and our coaches have definitely been getting their fair share of shit but I think that’s deserved after this past season along with the way things have been handled media wise after nationals. Just my two cents.

I don’t think there has been much if any personal attacks on our student athletes. At least nothing I can recall. Maybe with the exception of AJ and his brother which have caused quite the stir. I thought these boards were very kind and encouraging to VV when he left and committed to Iowa. Now the program and our coaches have definitely been getting their fair share of shit but I think that’s deserved after this past season along with the way things have been handled media wise after nationals. Just my two cents.
Okla st rtc That’s how we get back not opinions of 99percect of people that have never won a college match or think they know what need to be done or who our staff need to recruit

Okla st rtc That’s how we get back not opinions of 99percect of people that have never won a college match or think they know what need to be done or who our staff need to recruit
Finishing in 15th, 16th place the past couple of years I think it’s time to start listening to anyone’s opinion that is willing to give it. How about this, if you don’t all American your 2nd year hit the portal?

You realize how many kids go to college and become 3 time AA. The portal will be the differents . Development. Starts at the top HC controls how practice is run and what is taught

We need our HC to get fully behind it publicly and privately in the form of spearheading donations.

He is the leader. Our alums and fans will follow him.

Scolding fans for sharing and voicing their concerns and disappointment over the recent results is just silly.

You realize how many kids go to college and become 3 time AA. The portal will be the differents . Development. Starts at the top HC controls how practice is run and what is taught
So do you think we are developing our guys better than 90% of teams?

90 present of teams would not have a team if you use that scenario
Well Oklahoma State Wrestling is the 1 per cent. We set the standard, yet we have guys in the lineup that can’t string together 3-4 wins in a row during the season. And consistently in their careers have shown they don’t have what it takes. If they don’t have it, they don’t have it.
Name me a few guys over the past 30 years that have all of a sudden had the lights click on after 2 seasons and started being a high AA.

A lot of 3x AAs at Ok State before this disastrous downswing. That was before NIL. I respect loyalty to the guys you recruit, but the way to win has changed. Penn State is running off low AAs for high AAs through NIL.

A lot of 3x AAs at Ok State before this disastrous downswing. That was before NIL. I respect loyalty to the guys you recruit, but the way to win has changed. Penn State is running off low AAs for high AAs through NIL.
I agree with you it will change and is changing . Please send your money in and tell all your friend we need there help with money also

Reactions: pokeb
Will I’m not sure what you call money but how about if osu wins a trophy this year you donate $25000 or are you saying you already do that
Are you saying that if a person doesn't donate$25,000 a year we're not doing enough? What the hell are you even talking about? People give what they can give and no more. We all love the pokes and want them to get back to their winning ways so we do what we can to help them get there sooner than later. You pissing and moaning about money to some of the most loyal fans in the country isn't helping matters.

All I wanted to know is if you knew of a 157 we were after or if you just had hope we would fill it before fall. @blair2000

Didn’t mean to start a financial shaming discussion. We are on this forum to discuss all things wrestling. I like speculating and hearing people opinions knowing that in the end nothing said here changes a damn thing for the program. Thankful for any insight info you have and share, but please don’t forget what the point of a fan forum is.

Will I’m not sure what you call money but how about if osu wins a trophy this year you donate $25000 or are you saying you already do that
How about Our coach actually come out publicly and support RTC and be open to change? How about we actually update our embarrassing social media presence and RTC website ? Recruits don’t care about 2005 OSU we need to get with the modern times and stop living in the past. Every damn year it’s excuse after excuse .

All I wanted to know is if you knew of a 157 we were after or if you just had hope we would fill it before fall. @blair2000

Didn’t mean to start a financial shaming discussion. We are on this forum to discuss all things wrestling. I like speculating and hearing people opinions knowing that in the end nothing said here changes a damn thing for the program. Thankful for any insight info you have and share, but please don’t forget what the point of a fan forum is.
Then keep everything positive athletes, and recruits sometimes look at this site

No, I do not donate 25k. If my small donations aren’t large enough I’ll go ahead and cancel them. I’m actually glad you talked me into it. It is sad that our new goal is top 4.
So obviously you don’t want to put your money where your mouth is

Are you saying that if a person doesn't donate$25,000 a year we're not doing enough? What the hell are you even talking about? People give what they can give and no more. We all love the pokes and want them to get back to their winning ways so we do what we can to help them get there sooner than later. You pissing and moaning about money to some of the most loyal fans in the country isn't helping matters.
That’s not what I’m saying at all tur said the money is there I need to go back and check he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He has no clue how much money is in the pokes for purpose or the RTC sure I would like everybody to guess that’s the only way we will get back on top

• Haha
So when you say Trophy, are you talking like "here's your trophy for 8th place" or are you talking about the big trophy? I'd crunch the numbers and make a 25K donation happen if we won it all next year. However, I don't really consider it a bet if I'm the only one with any real skin in the game.

Reactions: JAY45
What I’ve read the last couple of weeks in this site:

1). If you weren’t a D1 wrestler you can’t be critical of the program
2). If your not giving large sums of money you can’t be critical of the program.

Both are of course absolutely absurd. When programs are floundering it’s the voices of dissent which often force the necessary changes to get things back on track. Hopefully no OSU wrestling fans are belittled or intimidated into silence or worse yet abandoning the program. Those on this site are here because they love OSU wrestling. A love which can exist without having been a D1 guy or large donor.

So when you say Trophy, are you talking like "here's your trophy for 8th place" or are you talking about the big trophy? I'd crunch the numbers and make a 25K donation happen if we won it all next year. However, I don't really consider it a bet if I'm the only one with any real skin in the game.
Your comment is unrealistic you’re not going from 18th to 1st in one year no one is you can’t bring in enough portal
guys or top recruits to do that in one year no coach or school could do that

• Haha
What I’ve read the last couple of weeks in this site:

1). If you weren’t a D1 wrestler you can’t be critical of the program
2). If your not giving large sums of money you can’t be critical of the program.

Both are of course absolutely absurd. When programs are floundering it’s the voices of dissent which often force the necessary changes to get things back on track. Hopefully no OSU wrestling fans are belittled or intimidated into silence or worse yet abandoning the program. Those on this site are here because they love OSU wrestling. A love which can exist without having been a D1 guy or large donor.
My point is a lot of the comments are from people that have never been there or done that or know what it takes.They our fans, which is great every sport has the couch quarterback

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT