ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

A gray shirt did two years ago injured last year she did not compete still has four years of eligibility

Reactions: DPJ
That’s because the majority of people on here always find a way to make a negative out of a positive.
First of all, that is not true.

Secondly, how does responding negatively help?

You clearly have some insights and opinions, which is great. Make your case and defend your arguments. You can’t control how others react/respond to you.

It’s funny, @leecothran and several others get murdered on here for being too positive…

Last edited:
That’s because the majority of people on here always find a way to make a negative out of a positive.

OSU wrestling is in a tough stretch right now. That is going to guide a bunch of the discussion.

Acknowledging that this most recent addition looks to be more of a depth guy initially but does have some intrigue with his FS results is not turning a negative into a positive.

It’s realistically discussing the addition.

Christopher Kiser (Ponca City incoming Senior) committed to Michigan… I’m guessing he projects as a career 125, and I know we’ve got Jordan committed (who Kiser lost to at regionals, but beat at State), but still, I hate to see top tier homegrown D1 talent wrestle elsewhere.

Christopher Kiser (Ponca City incoming Senior) committed to Michigan… I’m guessing he projects as a career 125, and I know we’ve got Jordan committed (who Kiser lost to at regionals, but beat at State), but still, I hate to see top tier homegrown D1 talent wrestle elsewhere.
I agree, but with the Spratley transfer and Jordan coming in, 125 is going to be a log jam especially with Hughes at 133.

Reactions: grumpy_okie
I agree, but with the Spratley transfer and Jordan coming in, 125 is going to be a log jam especially with Hughes at 133.
I concur with your concurrence, but we've seen how quickly predicted log jams can evaporate, especially considering today's college athletic environment. Also, I've just got a huge soft spot for Oklahoma kids, probably to the point of where it would be detriment if I was actually making decisions.

Christopher Kiser (Ponca City incoming Senior) committed to Michigan… I’m guessing he projects as a career 125, and I know we’ve got Jordan committed (who Kiser lost to at regionals, but beat at State), but still, I hate to see top tier homegrown D1 talent wrestle elsewhere
Jordan just went 11-0 in Virginia Beach competing at 123 for Kong, defeating Fargo AA 3rd and PA State Champion Gauge Botero and CA's Chris Huerta in the finals. He had no problems getting off bottom and turned Botero for the win.

Last edited:
Angelo to Iowa to join his brother. Not that anyone is surprised by this.
I was hoping he’d go somewhere that we don’t dual. Not excited for the Ferrari clan to swagger into Stillwater. Did Anthony figure out how to get accepted by the university?

Strictly speaking on the mat...Angelo & Anthony are really good, but it's hard to know just how good. Neither has wrestled freestyle the last couple of years -- no Fargo, Open or WTT.

AJ was a Fargo champ and Cadet bronze medalist by his soph year. I remember Jacob Cardenas beating Braxton Amos at the trials and then not being able to even touch AJ's legs.

Saw a tweet that Jordan Williams is going 65 KG this weekend. That should be interesting.

I wonder if the plan is to have Williams go 141 this year? Guess we'll see how he does this weekend 65kg.

I wonder if the plan is to have Williams go 141 this year? Guess we'll see how he does this weekend 65kg.

I think it would point more to him at 149. There has been lots of discussion if he was going to be a 149 or 157.

Yeah, it would seem to indicate Jordan is not a big 149, so 157 & 165 will be need weights going forward.

I'm guessing Lockett will be 165/174. It would be great to flip Sealey, but I'd also like to grab Sommer & Giddens before they get snatched up by someone.

Reactions: DPJ and osu2082
I would say Williams is much closer to 149 than 141 and is a tweener with FS weights so 70kg is obviously too big for him which would indicate 157 appears to be out of the question. Thus the only other option is to cut a little and go 65kg. I think he's struggled some wrestling up the last couple of years so hopefully he will do some work at 65kg.

Reactions: osu2082 and DPJ
JW did look small at 157 in the couple of RS matches I watched. That he's competing at 65 kg (143 lb) is a good sign.

Yeah, it would seem to indicate Jordan is not a big 149, so 157 & 165 will be need weights going forward.

I'm guessing Lockett will be 165/174. It would be great to flip Sealey, but I'd also like to grab Sommer & Giddens before they get snatched up by someone.
Sealy would be sommers and giddens at the same time those two are not even in the same class

Sealy would be sommers and giddens at the same time those two are not even in the same class
Welp. Taking a shot at Sommer & Giddens? After taking one at Walker? I thought you were Mr. Positivity.

You also said everyone next year will be an upgrade over this year, a pretty clear knock on Mastro & Voinovich.

Please be more careful, I hear kids read this board. Lol

Welp. Taking a shot at Sommer & Giddens? After taking one at Walker? I thought you were Mr. Positivity.

You also said everyone next year will be an upgrade over this year, a pretty clear knock on Mastro & Voinovich.

Please be more careful, I hear kids read this board. Lol

We have to recruit the best kids in the country top for their weight class top three in Fargo top 4U20 nationals those type of kids.Kids that have proven their self, at the national level not state
Sure, I think everyone agrees you have to go after those guys, along with the top Super32 & Ironman placers. But I also think it's a mistake to sleep on guys in your own backyard. Especially if they miss some national tournaments due to injury.

Routledge is a Fargo champ & U17 3rd. Randall went undefeated at Elite 8 duals. Both are ranked in the top 20 by Flo. Giddens beat Routledge at state and Sommer beat Randall, yet neither is ranked. Can't overlook them IMO.

Reactions: tom_v31 and DPJ
Getting talent on campus hasn’t been the issue. We have struggled with our evaluations, projections and development of the talent we have gotten on campus.

Hopefully some changes have been made and we will see better results.

Sure, I think everyone agrees you have to go after those guys, along with the top Super32 & Ironman placers. But I also think it's a mistake to sleep on guys in your own backyard. Especially if they miss some national tournaments due to injury.

Routledge is a Fargo champ & U17 3rd. Randall went undefeated at Elite 8 duals. Both are ranked in the top 20 by Flo. Giddens beat Routledge at state and Sommer beat Randall, yet neither is ranked. Can't overlook them IMO.
MatScouts has Sommer ranked 10th at 170, Ayden Thomas 15th at 113 and Beric Jordan 6th at 120. Jordan just picked up a win over Gauge Botero at NHSCA Duals

We have to recruit the best kids in the country top for their weight class top three in Fargo top 4U20 nationals those type of kids.Kids that have proven their self, at the national level not state
I don't believe there's a better tournament to recruit then Ironman. Folkstyle rules with same day weigh-ins.

Reactions: JAY45
MatScouts has Sommer ranked 10th at 170, Ayden Thomas 15th at 113 and Beric Jordan 6th at 120. Jordan just picked up a win over Gauge Botero at NHSCA Duals
Willie is a much better ranker than Flo, but even some of his look off to me.

On his Big Board he has Voinovich ahead of Giddens and Randall ahead of Sommer. I realize that's more projection than ranking, but still. He even has Sommer listed as only a 2 star. How is Sommer in a lower tier than Randall? I must be missing something.

Do you know if Beric will be wrestling at junior duals & Fargo?

Reactions: DPJ and JAY45
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT