ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question...

PS. I promise not to argue those points, so as to not derail the thread. I'm just curious. PM me if you like.

Reactions: CBradSmith
@CBradSmith . Which points do you find to be egregious misrepresentations/outright falsehoods?
Man, you're asking me to throw my pearls before swine, and I'm loathe to do that anymore. (You're not the swine, to be clear.) I appreciate your request.

I've got a call at 2 and need to eat something. I might return and provide some specifics pertaining to your request. Where I'd start is his allusion to the "Charlottesville Hoax" in his sentence about White Supremacists...and go from there.

-BEST unemployment rate EVER For blacks, Hispanics (Obama said jobs would NEVER come back- terrible terrible and sad.)
-Has let out some soft offenders from prison that had disproportionate hard sentences.(Obama did crap)
- Has talked and researched school choice for the inner city blacks
- is best Pro life prez which everyone knows abortion kills WAY more percentage of blacks

how’s that just for a start?

The economy was good until the Pandemic no doubt. Anybody who wanted to work could somewhere even if the jobs were service sector minimum wage which most were.

I will be surprised if he gets a higher percentage of support than he got the last time from the black community. Calling their protests against racial injustice “terrorism” and talking about shooting people protesting then sending in unmarked federal troops might cost him support. I know he wanted rioters arrested and violence stopped but the problem is when he speaks he uses words like terrorism or shooting loosely when he hopefully meant arresting people and stopping vandalism and looting and no tolerance for that.

A few months from now we’ll know which way the black community will measure his efforts.

I doubt the Hispanic vote will come his way because of the immigration issue, DACA, and the wall.

The economy was good until the Pandemic no doubt. Anybody who wanted to work could somewhere even if the jobs were service sector minimum wage which most were.

I will be surprised if he gets a higher percentage of support than he got the last time from the black community. Calling their protests against racial injustice “terrorism” and talking about shooting people protesting then sending in unmarked federal troops might cost him support. I know he wanted rioters arrested and violence stopped but the problem is when he speaks he uses words like terrorism or shooting loosely when he hopefully meant arresting people and stopping vandalism and looting and no tolerance for that.

A few months from now we’ll know which way the black community will measure his efforts.

I doubt the Hispanic vote will come his way because of the immigration issue, DACA, and the wall.
You have to look at who Trump is running against- segregation Beijing Biden. He’s been in office 40 years and done nothing for blacks so I see Trump
Getting more black votes Than last time with what he’s done for blacks with unemployment, prison reform, pro life and school choice.
At worst Trump haters stay home bc other option is a really bad one

Like the bulk of your post, but would like you to revisit the portion of it where you discuss how racist it is that 90% of hispanic and 70% of black mortgages are declined.

I assume your/other mortgage companies are in the business of making money, and that is tied to risk/reward. Higher risk equate to higher down payments or higher interest rates. It (higher risk) also results in declines.

Can you go into detail about what variables your company/other mortgage companies are using that is introducing race to the formula.

First, I am NOT in the mortgage business. My relevant background is in asset securitization (generally), not in subprime mortgage backed securities. Ask any mortgage provider who was in the business pre and post 08 crisis and they will tell you mortgage underwriting has been gutted for anyone other than prime risks. Today, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are 96% of all sub-prime mortgage lending. Even tight underwriting at Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, with an average credit score in the high 700 has created a scenario where homeownership is at a 50-year low, and A LOT of people (heavy on minorities) are boxed out of the mortgage market. Due to Dodd Frank, FDIC and other regulated lenders simply are not allowed to entertain these credits and the gov't programs don't fill the gap. Certainly credit is too tight for a vast number of people who would like to own their home. And that effects minorities the most, regardless of reason. Yes, minorities credit ratings themselves is an entire different subject, but a great example is a hispanic family with a valid tax ID # where Mom and Dad both work multiple jobs and they are, again because of Dodd Frank, mostly relegated to "off bank" mattress money.....thousands of which have more than $50,000 of mattress money stowed away and can afford an appropriate down payment.

Your statement about risk and reward is correct, yet most people fail to realize that the credit risk pendulum has swung much too far in the other direction. IMO (and I'll put my money where my mouth is) it is NOT higher risk that results in declines, as you suppose. It is simply unfriendly regulatory environments that have led to unreasonable underwriting standards even in the subprime space.

It is also endemic to the mortgage structure itself, where foreclosing on a mortgage has become too costly, to unwieldy and too time consuming.

And none of that has anything to do with race. It is just that these minorities are largely sub-prime borrowers that the system has changed to box them out. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac could be a solution, but they too have allowed the pendulum to swing too far.

The solution I will invest in is a non-regulated solution that solves the legal structural problem, finances the down payment and eases the borrower into home ownership where the investor is protected in the event of default....all financed with non bank structured finance (securitization). As part of our due diligence, our investee was forced to perform a 75 home beta test in the OKC market. 90% of the beta test is hispanic. Covid 19 provided the perfect stress test as 8 of the 75 lost their jobs in Covid and became delinquent. 6 of the 8 caught up immediately (partly through reemployment and partly from mattress money). The other 2 said they were leaving the city for employment and defaulted. Due to the unique structuring, the company made a profit on the 2 defaults.

Home ownership is the cornerstone of a free society and most people, especially sub prime borrowers, would prefer to own. Yet, we are at a 50 year low in ownership as the prices, structures and underwriting for even government risk-subsidized lending has left too many people with zero options. This problem is primarily in homes under 300,000. It just so happens that minorities are taking the brunt, regardless of risk reward

Edit: probably a discussion for another day, but the credit rating agencies also are guilty and their rating algorithms are vastly outdated. There are people out there that have never missed a payment of any type in 30 years that have atrocious ratings

No sure exactly your question but yes - disproportionately getting incarcerated is a HUGE problem- but you need to look at the cause. And it’s poor education, poor family life and history.
BUT you need to hit the root of the problem and it’s family IMO. Don’t wait till they get incarcerated and be retro active. So most of their school and family life are the cause - but THEY have to get themselves out at some point. You can’t keep having poor schools, fatherless homes and just throw money at the problem- then voting democrat and believing all the racism accusations from the left every 4 years - that needs to stop for number one.
I think Trump is school choice it is something to at least look at. Other suggestions?

But what causes the racial disparity for single parent/fatherless homes?

What has caused the poor family life, poor education, poor history?

Is it just something inherent in African Americans and their community or is there a root cause.

But what causes the racial disparity for single parent/fatherless homes?

What has caused the poor family life, poor education, poor history?

Is it just something inherent in African Americans and their community or is there a root cause.
Lotsa past history hard to change but it needs to at least start in a better direction.
Doesn’t matter your color if you have a bad home (you can a a shitty father and white and end up bad or no father and Hispanic or any color and be ok- it’s percentages)
Blacks need more Larry Elder role
Models Less al sharp tons and ben crumps- it’s tougher on their race but social welfare and reparations NOT the answer. They just need to get it together. I also KNOW voting liberal democrat hurts them year after year. Obama could’ve done SO much and just didnt

First question: Not much. Number of total incarcerations is a small number compared to total number of would-be family units. Also, more than half of incarcerations are out within 48 months. That is not sufficient time to destroy a family that intends to stay together. 48 months represents around 20-23% of the life a typical kid spends under the supervision of a parent/parents.

Second question: No. Black single parent homes represented 22% of all black families in 1960 according to Census. It is now at greater than 55% (55% is a 2013 statistic). In 1960, white single parent homes were at 7% with the corresponding 2013 statistic being 22%.

First response. According to BJS statistics, in 2017 there were 2336 black males per 100,000 black males in America (1 in 42). Down from a high of 3535 per 100,000 in 2001 (1 in 28). I don’t know that I agree that is a small number compared to total number of would-be family units....”small” obviously being a relative term subject to the subjective view of the proponent. With regards to your second point, I definitely don’t agree with your evaluation that nearly a quarter of a child’s time without the supervision of a father due to prison incarceration is not sufficient time to destroy a family that intends to stay together. You didn’t put a full percentage of those 4 yr release folks other than over 50%. That means almost half have a period of incarceration of greater than 4 years. Finally, that 48 months incarceration doesn’t include pre-trial incarceration periods and the effects on families of the employment effects of the felony conviction and post incarceration/probation costs and effects.

Second response: Excellent numbers that I had not considered. 2018 numbers I found show 65% for single family homes in the AA community and 24%. Consequently, single parent families in the AA community has tripled....but so has the single parent families in the white population. Which indicates to me that the rise in single parent families in the AA community is probably not generated by systemic racism, BUT also reveals that the supposed epidemic of absent black fathers isn’t really a “black culture” thing because there has been a similar increase in the white population.

Interesting.

Thanks.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Lotsa past history hard to change but it needs to at least start in a better direction.
Doesn’t matter your color if you have a bad home (you can a a shitty father and white and end up bad or no father and Hispanic or any color and be ok- it’s percentages)
Blacks need more Larry Elder role
Models Less al sharp tons and ben crumps- it’s tougher on their race but social welfare and reparations NOT the answer. They just need to get it together. I also KNOW voting liberal democrat hurts them year after year. Obama could’ve done SO much and just didnt

So they should just suck it up and get it together even though we recognize history and society had a factor in putting them where they are right now as a race?

I’m not trying to put words in your mouth. I am seeking understanding.

First, I am NOT in the mortgage business. My relevant background is in asset securitization (generally), not in subprime mortgage backed securities. Ask any mortgage provider who was in the business pre and post 08 crisis and they will tell you mortgage underwriting has been gutted for anyone other than prime risks. Today, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are 96% of all sub-prime mortgage lending. Even tight underwriting at Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, with an average credit score in the high 700 has created a scenario where homeownership is at a 50-year low, and A LOT of people (heavy on minorities) are boxed out of the mortgage market. Due to Dodd Frank, FDIC and other regulated lenders simply are not allowed to entertain these credits and the gov't programs don't fill the gap. Certainly credit is too tight for a vast number of people who would like to own their home. And that effects minorities the most, regardless of reason. Yes, minorities credit ratings themselves is an entire different subject, but a great example is a hispanic family with a valid tax ID # where Mom and Dad both work multiple jobs and they are, again because of Dodd Frank, mostly relegated to "off bank" mattress money.....thousands of which have more than $50,000 of mattress money stowed away and can afford an appropriate down payment.

Your statement about risk and reward is correct, yet most people fail to realize that the credit risk pendulum has swung much too far in the other direction. IMO (and I'll put my money where my mouth is) it is NOT higher risk that results in declines, as you suppose. It is simply unfriendly regulatory environments that have led to unreasonable underwriting standards even in the subprime space.

It is also endemic to the mortgage structure itself, where foreclosing on a mortgage has become too costly, to unwieldy and too time consuming.

And none of that has anything to do with race. It is just that these minorities are largely sub-prime borrowers that the system has changed to box them out. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac could be a solution, but they too have allowed the pendulum to swing too far.

The solution I will invest in is a non-regulated solution that solves the legal structural problem, finances the down payment and eases the borrower into home ownership where the investor is protected in the event of default....all financed with non bank structured finance (securitization). As part of our due diligence, our investee was forced to perform a 75 home beta test in the OKC market. 90% of the beta test is hispanic. Covid 19 provided the perfect stress test as 8 of the 75 lost their jobs in Covid and became delinquent. 6 of the 8 caught up immediately (partly through reemployment and partly from mattress money). The other 2 said they were leaving the city for employment and defaulted. Due to the unique structuring, the company made a profit on the 2 defaults.

Home ownership is the cornerstone of a free society and most people, especially sub prime borrowers, would prefer to own. Yet, we are at a 50 year low in ownership as the prices, structures and underwriting for even government risk-subsidized lending has left too many people with zero options. This problem is primarily in homes under 300,000. It just so happens that minorities are taking the brunt, regardless of risk reward

Edit: probably a discussion for another day, but the credit rating agencies also are guilty and their rating algorithms are vastly outdated. There are people out there that have never missed a payment of any type in 30 years that have atrocious ratings

Gonna come back and read/reread this.

Have worked on the analytics side of extreme sub prime in auto and now in mortgage. Interested to see what you're saying.

So they should just suck it up and get it together even though we recognize history and society had a factor in putting them where they are right now as a race?

I’m not trying to put words in your mouth. I am seeking understanding.
In the end it is their job to “catch up” for lack of better words no? We do our damndest in this country to make it all equal- I think I said it best I can we need fathers and role models to step up, we need better inner city schools, we need to quit voting 90 percent blacks for liberal democrats.
But yes it’s up to them to step it up- Larry Elders words that I agree with - he’s greatly respected also. You don’t think it’s governments job with reparations I hope- that’s another apple to bite into

In the end it is their job to “catch up” for lack of better words no? We do our damndest in this country to make it all equal- I think I said it best I can we need fathers and role models to step up, we need better inner city schools, we need to quit voting 90 percent blacks for liberal democrats.
But yes it’s up to them to step it up- Larry Elders words that I agree with - he’s greatly respected also. You don’t think it’s governments job with reparations I hope- that’s another apple to bite into

No, I’m not a “reparations” guy...as I define that term. I would characterize myself as more of a “hand up instead of a handout” kinda guy.

I disagree that we as a society have done nor do we do our damnest to make it all equal or to address the disadvantage we placed the AA community in through slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation.

I’m sure you will disagree with this point, but your description of AAs being given an unfair hand by American history and society....that they didn’t start at the same starting line as a culture....and that it is now their job to “catch up” is a really good description of what many call “white privilege”. Some in our society weren’t allowed to start the race for success at the same time, and for a long time the playing field was not level, and now that the playing field is arguably/debatably level, the AA community is responsible for catching up. Recognizing that doesn’t demean or devalue their accomplishments, IMO. It doesn’t mean they didn’t fairly earn every accomplishment they have made. It’s just a recognition and acceptance that AA community weren’t allowed to start the race at the same time as others and faced an non-level, uphill for them, playing field even after they started pursuing the American Dream.

Last edited:
No, I’m not a “reparations” guy...as I define that term.

I disagree that we as a society have done nor do we do our damnest to make it all equal or to address the disadvantage we placed them in through slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation.

I’m sure you will disagree with this point, but your description of them being given an unfair hand by American history and society....that they didn’t start at the same starting line as a culture and that it is now their job to “catch up” is an expression of what many consider “white privilege”. Some in our society weren’t allowed to start the race for success at the same time, and for a long time the playing field was not level, and now that the playing field is arguably/debatably level, the AA community is responsible for catching up.

Finally, I again want to stress that I’m not a Democrat. I’m not looking to argue either. I’m looking for understanding of other people’s views and for common ground on which to build.

A friend who I work with on education issues in the Bronx has a very persuasive argument about the pervasiveness of North American slavery.

We didn’t just take away their humanity and their freedom, we destroyed their basic family structures. When this has happened historically those people groups had a difficult to me assimilating and recovering. Some never recovered.

-BEST unemployment rate EVER For blacks, Hispanics (Obama said jobs would NEVER come back- terrible terrible and sad.)
-Has let out some soft offenders from prison that had disproportionate hard sentences.(Obama did crap)
- Has talked and researched school choice for the inner city blacks
- is best Pro life prez which everyone knows abortion kills WAY more percentage of blacks

how’s that just for a start?
Now, dnhall, tell us what Obama did for the blacks?

No, I’m not a “reparations” guy...as I define that term. I would characterize myself as more of a “hand up instead of a handout” kinda guy.

I disagree that we as a society have done nor do we do our damnest to make it all equal or to address the disadvantage we placed the AA community in through slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation.

I’m sure you will disagree with this point, but your description of AAs being given an unfair hand by American history and society....that they didn’t start at the same starting line as a culture....and that it is now their job to “catch up” is a really good description of what many call “white privilege”. Some in our society weren’t allowed to start the race for success at the same time, and for a long time the playing field was not level, and now that the playing field is arguably/debatably level, the AA community is responsible for catching up. Recognizing that doesn’t demean or devalue their accomplishments, IMO. It doesn’t mean they didn’t fairly earn every accomplishment they have made. It’s just a recognition and acceptance that AA community weren’t allowed to start the race at the same time as others and faced an non-level, uphill for them, playing field even after they started pursuing the American Dream.
How many other ethnicities came to this country in the last 50 years not even speaking the language but are thriving today through hard work and perseverance? Just look at the Vietnamese as an example. Any way you slice it, 2 parent families make ALL the difference in the world.

You didn’t just say white price late did you?! Lawdy

Lebron has black privilege if you want to go that route- white boys gotta work way harder- they should what....scream black privilege?! As
My Uncle who raised taught me- nobody gonna do it for you.

It’s simple- if the black community wants to move up or any other ethnicity then They not gonna get it done by talking about the past- they have to do for themselves- the playing field is level as much as can be.

You want to talk poor or no privilege? Where my family grew up in West Va and Kentucky makes the ghetto look like Hollywood- please don’t talk to me about white privilege- it ls BS. There is wealth privilege or smart privilege —- lotsa privileges. How about the Asians and whites who didn’t get into the Ivy League schools bc they weren’t black? Hmmmm....

Lebron has black privilege if you want to go that route- white boys gotta work way harder- they should what....scream black privilege?! As

It’s simple- if the black community wants to move up or any other ethnicity then They not gonna get it done by talking about the past- they have to do for themselves- the playing field is level as much as can be.

You want to talk poor or no privilege? Where my family grew up in West Va and Kentucky makes the ghetto look like Hollywood- please don’t talk to me about white privilege- it ls BS. There is wealth privilege or smart privilege —- lotsa privileges. How about the Asians and whites who didn’t get into the Ivy League schools bc they weren’t black? Hmmmm....

This pretty much the response I expect.

I think we’re done at this point.

Thanks for the conversation.

I predicted in an offline DM conversation that his would be the response that I would get.

Thanks for the conversation up to this point.
What did you think I would say- “hey your right Im Ashamed of my whiteness“. Yeah right- I’m not
How about white trash do they have white privileged? I’ve been called that growing up for sure. Honest question no need to get offended- we are having a good run

What did you think I would say- “hey your right Im Ashamed of my whiteness“. Yeah right- I’m not
How about white trash do they have white privileged? I’ve been called that growing up for sure. Honest question no need to get offended- we are having a good run
I can play it like Lionel Ritchie....”all night long!”

I’m not offended.

You seem to be. At a minimum you suddenly seem to be spoiling for an argument over an engagement/discussion.

What would you call the AA community being disadvantaged by slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation to the point where they still haven’t (your words) “caught up”?

Because right up until the speaking of the dread “WP”...that sentence above is where we had ended up.

It’s clear that consideration of the possibility of the dread “WP” is a bridge too far for you. I understand that. I have nt interest in trying to convince anyone of anything in this thread. I’m seeking understanding and common ground. It’s clear that the dread “WP” discussion has no chance of generating either of those so I don’t see much need to engage in that direction any further.

I’m not offended.

You seem to be.

What would you call the AA community being disadvantaged by slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation to the point where they still haven’t (your words) “caught up”?

Because right up until the speaking of the dread “WP”...that sentence above is where we had ended up.

It’s clear that consideration of the possibility of the dread “WP” is a bridge too far for you. I understand that. I have not interest in trying to convince anyone of anything in this thread. I’m seeking understanding and common ground. It’s clear that the dread “WP” discussion has no chance of generating any of that so I don’t see much need to engage in that direction any further.
Yes that will get me defensive- it’s cliche and a weak excuse- defensive but not offended. You can still answer my question if white trash has white privilege. Im sorry if I came off as offended- I really enjoyed the convo No BS.
And if you want to answer Also if blacks are not the ones who will “get them Off the snide” or as YOU said they were handicapped from the past (which I agree) If the term “catch up” was not good I am not a “Wordsmith” by no means. Like I say I can speak of white trash as I can speak from experience and I had no privilege that I was aware of except a decent brain and a GREAT work ethic and refusal to fail. And Uncle Steve et al
I didn’t feel handicapped

Yes that will get me defensive- it’s cliche and a weak excuse- defensive but not offended. You can still answer my question if white trash has white privilege. Im sorry if I came off as offended- I really enjoyed the convo No BS.
And if you want to answer Also if blacks are not the ones who will “get them Off the snide” or as YOU said they were handicapped from the past (which I agree) If the term “catch up” was not good I am not a “Wordsmith” by no means. Like I say I can speak of white trash as I can speak from experience and I had no privilege that I was aware of except a decent brain and a GREAT work ethic and refusal to fail. And Uncle Steve et al
I didn’t feel handicapped

You still seem to be spoiling for an argument.

You’ve made it clear that the entire notion of WP is cliche and a weak excuse.

I get it. I understand it. I accept it.

I have no interest whatsoever in attempting to convince you it exists. I’m not worried about trying to prove “I’m right” or “you’re wrong”. I understand that is probably an alien concept around here.

I believe I understand your position on WP fully. I don’t believe further discussion of WP will lead to discovery of common ground between us. I’m not really interested in changing your mind or anyone else’s. I see no upside to proceeding further on the topic.

Now, dnhall, tell us what Obama did for the blacks?

Got a lot of them healthcare to start. Inspired many AA to aspire to dream for greater success for themselves through his own example. He assisted many people of color to get elected so their views were included in governance. Put some AA in his cabinet as Attorney General and Secretary of defense. And overcame the recession of 2009 to start the longest period of economic growth this country has seen that Trump inherited. He also ordered the killing of Osama Bin Laden which made all Americans including AA safer and no repeat of 9-11.

That’s just a few things off the top of my head.

Got a lot of them healthcare to start. Inspired many AA to aspire to dream for greater success for themselves through his own example. He assisted many people of color to get elected so their views were included in governance. Put some AA in his cabinet as Attorney General and Secretary of defense. And overcame the recession of 2009 to start the longest period of economic growth this country has seen that Trump inherited. He also ordered the killing of Osama Bin Laden which made all Americans including AA safer and no repeat of 9-11.

I misspoke, no Secretary of Defense as AA.It was Transportation Secretary and Secretary to the United Nations plus Attorney General Eric Holder as AA cabinet members.

1. Gotta give it to you on Bin Laden- Bejiing Biden said don’t do it but as much as I despised Obama he killed the bastard!
2. Would think he gave hope to blacks and minorities due to his presidency- he and Harris as VP candidate more proof we are not a systemic racist country.
3. Obama care is govt ran and took millions away from their doctors and plans and they had to get on Huge deductible plans that don’t pay out well - I can’t give you that one- I think it was a disaster. Rino McCain kept it on Life support. Govt can’t run jack crap (military excluded but they overpaid atrociasly for everything) Trumo has negotiated a lot of it down but it’s not the Govt money so they waste it. Will never trust the Govt with my healthcare.

I misspoke, no Secretary of Defense as AA.It was Transportation Secretary and Secretary to the United Nations plus Attorney General Eric Holder as AA cabinet members.
Holder is a weasel don’t ya think?

Nobody is ever going to get anything done by being a victim. Except BLM, I guess. They've got that "poor me" act down to a science with these big corporations. Not blacks, not whites, not my kids, nobody! That act gets old. I think people who teach their kids to think like that are guilty of a form of child abuse.

AA's such as Condoleeca Rice and Colin Powell had already held very important Secretary positions under Bush. That's nothing new. He did a terrible job of overcoming the 2008 crash. Never got above 3% in 8 years! And that's coming off a very low number he inherited. That's the worst track record ever for a President and it certainly is not the "longest period of economic growth this country has seen." No idea where you got that one. Obama was clueless when it came to the economy. Remember, he didn't have a "magic wand". Trump sure did. Yes, he did get Osama, despite the idiot Biden being against it (lol) but that's the military doing what it does. But, for the sake of discussion, we'll give him credit. On the other hand, Obama did give us ISIS in return when he bailed on Iraq at the exact wrong time. You know, those pesky little terrorists that Obama had no clue how to handle but that Trump disposed of within 10 months.

Obama was a failed President and soon there's a very good chance he'll go down as one of the most corrupt since Harding. Without a fawning media at his back, Obama would have been exposed as the poseur that he was. Depending upon what Durham discovers, he still may be.

Last edited:
Reactions: osuintx

Just came across this new article by Victor Davis Hanson. A bit long but it perfectly describes the myriad of accomplishments of Trump. And it really is quite astounding what he's accomplished in such a short time despite the coup and all the other nonsense of the left. He describes Trump, good and bad, to a T.

https://amgreatness.com/2020/08/16/trumpism-a-look-backward-and-forward-to-november/

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Nobody is ever going to get anything done by being a victim. Except BLM, I guess. They've got that "poor me" act down to a science with these big corporations. Not blacks, not whites, not my kids, nobody! That act gets old. I think people who teach their kids to think like that are guilty of a form of child abuse.

AA's such as Condoleeca Rice and Colin Powell had already held very important Secretary positions under Bush. That's nothing new. He did a terrible job of overcoming the 2008 crash. Never got above 3% in 8 years! And that's coming off a very low number he inherited. That's the worst track record ever for a President and it certainly is not the "longest period of economic growth this country has seen." No idea where you got that one. Obama was clueless when it came to the economy. Remember, he didn't have a "magic wand". Trump sure did. Yes, he did get Osama, despite the idiot Biden being against it (lol) but that's the military doing what it does. But, for the sake of discussion, we'll give him credit. On the other hand, Obama did give us ISIS in return when he bailed on Iraq at the exact wrong time. You know, those pesky little terrorists that Obama had no clue how to handle but that Trump disposed of within 10 months.

Obama was a failed President and soon there's a very good chance he'll go down as one of the most corrupt since Harding. Without a fawning media at his back, Obama would have been exposed as the poseur that he was. Depending upon what Durham discovers, he still may be.

Google the economic expansion after the Bush Great Recession. They may be talking about the longevity of the expansion.

I will wager a bet he will go down in history as one of our most successful Presidents. I don’t think history will be as kind to the orange one.

Isn’t opinion great. You see it one way completely and I see it another. We’ll see what history judges over time.

Yea these people are brain dead. It’s embarrassing.
No shit, HighStick. How many times in one day can you just shake your head at the hypocrisy and ignorance? The sheer denial of basic facts by otherwise intelligent people. It was Hitler’s Minister of Propaganda, Joseph Goebbels, who said, “If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes accepted as truth.”

It was so much easier than I ever imagined for Hitler to persuade so many people to believe such ignorance, lies and hatred and then have them do the unthinkable. It reminds me of The Milgram Experiment carried out about 60 years ago. Decent people persuaded to do indecent things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT