ADVERTISEMENT

HBO's Westworld

Yeah and I'm guessing if the 2 timeline theory is true, then after the 1st revolt there were massive layoffs.. Was Delos involved from the beginning or did they take over after the 1st uprising? I'm guessing they gutted the place to save costs. Logan mentioned to William that the people running the park watched every move and customized the story to how they were acting... we know that is no longer the case. The park operators barely know whats happening in the park now, let alone paying attention to every move to fulfil the guests desires.

Speaking of Delos.... Is this what Logan and William were representatives of? They wanted to invest, did they end up buying the park at some point? Did they name Delos after Delores? Is that why TMIB is always there? He owns it, enjoys the free access? Ford seemed to create the whole Wyatt storyline for him.

I know that there are 2 different logos. The video that William and Logan saw had a different logo than the similar video that Maeve saw in last night's episode. I don't think TMIB is the owner of the park, but he might have money invested in it. At one point, someone said "That guest gets whatever he wants". It is possible that he wants his ownership kept secret so some employees just think of him as a wealthy guest who is a frequent visitor I guess.

I'm glad you mentioned Wyatt. Upon rewatching the 3rd episode, I noticed that Teddy, and the female guest that was with him, shoot Wyatt's men (the guys with their faces covered who tie bleeding hosts to trees) multiple time at point blank range. Not 1 of them appears to get hit with a bullet. Either they are hosts who can fool the weapons into thinking they are human, or they are human. If they are human, I think it is an interesting element. We get the impression that Ford never leaves the park and has little/no contact with the outside world. He has unlimited manpower at his disposal due to access to all of the hosts and ability to build more if he needs them. Why would he hire humans to implement his Wyatt story line?

I know I am being ultra picky here...but....

I thought it was strange that the oldest levels of the underground complex was deeper in the earth than the newer levels. Let's say they started building WW 50 years ago. The reasons for developing the underground complex are obvious (just like there is an extensive underground complex at Disney World). But, why would they build it any deeper than they needed to go? That requires a lot of extra moving of earth and a lot of extra time getting people/hosts to and from the surface.

Like I said. I know I am being ultra picky. I just thought it would have made more sense if Bernard had taken a subway car to the old facility instead of an elevator.

I don't see how you could expand the basement once you have built a building on top of it. It seemed more like there is an abandoned wing then abandoned floor. I don't remember did he take the elevator from the current part or from the old lobby? They may have abandoned the lower levels altogether. Now days everything seems to be accessed through the massive bank of escalators. Not sure if that is above or below ground but the wide shots of the headquarter don't show any kind of tower. It almost like they built a whole new headquarters in the mountain. Engineering doesn't seem to be any type of issue for them.

One interesting note I read was when he pulled up the old computer it displayed an old logo that had only been previously seen in the lobby when Logan and William arrived. More support for the two timeline theory.

Last edited:
Thinking this thru a bit, you don't cast a high-dollar actress like Thandie Newton and not use her as a central part of the story line. While they were pointing us at Dolores and a few others, perhaps the "real" action to a large degree lied with Maeve and her self-realization?

If they "upped" her intelligence levels to the max, she could be a real threat to the order of things. She's already running circles around the two jokers who are helping her. Figuring out how to get the guests aroused (PO'd) enough to kill her so she could keep getting recycled through the fix-it shop was pretty clever. Each time she visits she's on firmer ground understanding herself and how things work.

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury
Thinking this thru a bit, you don't cast a high-dollar actress like Thandie Newton and not use her as a central part of the story line. While they were pointing us at Dolores and a few others, perhaps the "real" action to a large degree lied with Maeve and her self-realization?

If they "upped" her intelligence levels to the max, she could be a real threat to the order of things. She's already running circles around the two jokers who are helping her. Figuring out how to get the guests aroused (PO'd) enough to kill her so she could keep getting recycled through the fix-it shop was pretty clever. Each time she visits she's on firmer ground understanding herself and how things work.

I figured the same after last night, she will be the leader of the revolt. She has not "heard the voices" has she? I'm pretty sure "Arnold" is truly dead but I'm wondering if the QA lady is his daughter/niece/something, and trying to avenge his death/disgrace. Its interesting that "Arnold" can only talk to the older models and there are only a small handful of those left. Seem's to limit whatever role he/she/it is going to play.

From Been Jammin..
I noticed that Teddy, and the female guest that was with him, shoot Wyatt's men (the guys with their faces covered who tie bleeding hosts to trees) multiple time at point blank range. Not 1 of them appears to get hit with a bullet. Either they are hosts who can fool the weapons into thinking they are human, or they are human.

I forgot about that, that's a potentially big deal. They could be human, bots that Ford made indestructible to crank up the story line, or bots that have on armor.

Reactions: Been Jammin
They could be human, bots that Ford made indestructible to crank up the story line, or bots that have on armor.

It has been stated that the bots have thinner skin and that is why they are harmed so you could be right on this.

It has been stated that the bots have thinner skin and that is why they are harmed so you could be right on this.

Has that actually been confirmed? That seems weird to me, any time you punch one of them your hand would go through em.

Has that actually been confirmed? That seems weird to me, any time you punch one of them your hand would go through em.

We are talking advanced technology. A punch would spread force over a wider surface area than a small projectile. The skin could be easy to puncture over a small surface area but more resilient over a wide surface area.

I don't think anything has been confirmed though. All we know is that guests don't seem to be harmed by bullets and the hosts are harmed. Could be any number of explanations for this.

[QUOTE=" I'm pretty sure "Arnold" is truly dead but I'm wondering if the QA lady is his daughter/niece/something, and trying to avenge his death/disgrace. Its interesting that "Arnold" can only talk to the older models and there are only a small handful of those left. Seem's to limit whatever role he/she/it is going to play..[/QUOTE]

Don't know if Thersa related to Arnold but there is clearly some significance to her conversation with Ford about coming there as a child. Her back story is vague I'm sure for a reason. I'm not very clear on the whole corporate politics storyline which she is in the middle of other then Ford hates the board and they are trying to rein him in. You have her, Bernard and Ford all manipulate the host in some way to fit their individual agendas. They are all enabling the host without coordination between or knowledge of what the others are doing which I'm sure will play a role in the host revolt.

So, I have been going back and watching the show again now that I know more than I did the first time I saw each episode. A couple of things I noted:

-IMO, the most obvious confirmation of the two timeline theory has been right in front of our faces since episode 1. Why opt to not give one of your main characters (TMIB) an actual name unless you are trying to hide his actual identity? Ford has a conversation with him during episode 5 and he refers to Ford as "Robert" but Ford never calls him by name despite it being clear that they have been interacting with each other for years. The only reason not to divulge his name would be to keep his identity secret from the viewer (meaning he has to be William/Logan).

-Ford has a conversation with Dolores. She reveals that her last contact with Arnold was just over 34 years ago. He clarifies that it was the day he died. Dolores tells Ford that the last thing Arnold said to her was that he needed her help "to destroy this place". So, it appears that Ford and Arnold started the park together, but developed significant differences in visions for what direction the park should head in (perhaps Arnold thought they should shut it down).

-Eventually, we will find out what happened to Arnold. Did Ford kill him or arrange for an accident? Did he really commit suicide? Is he still alive? If he is dead, it is clear that, prior to his death, he implemented fail safes to sabotage Ford's plans. Ford has been trying to stay 1 step ahead of those fail safes ever since.

-In Ford's conversation with Theresa, it seems pretty clear that she is not Arnold's daughter (as has been speculated). From what is said, it is strongly suggested that she came to the park as a guest when she was a child (with her parents). The conversation does not fit a scenario where she was the child of an employee/owner.

-TMIB definitely has invested significant money in the park (from his conversation with Ford). He may even be the owner/majority owner.

-Ford can clearly control all of the hosts with his thoughts or with subtle hand signals. He also says a phrase to Teddy that results in Teddy's sudden shift from exhausted to re-energized. He clearly has the ability to completely control the hosts and to access secret programs within them that no one else can access.

One more that I forgot....

When Dolores pulls the gun out of the hay, flashes back to the MIB, shoots the host, then rides off on her horse....

Assuming that the 2 timeline theory is accurate, we know that she did not ride to William's camp and fall off her horse into his arms. But, we do see a scene where Stubbs is told that the "rancher's daughter is significantly off her loop". He asks if she is with a guest and is told that it can not be determined one way or another. He says to let her continue on her current path. We have not seen any interaction with her, within the MIB, story line, since then. Where did she go and what is she doing?

Good episode last night. What we learned...

-Hosts can be set to appear human to other hosts. This is important as it means that we don't know that anyone is actually human. In the first episode, bullets don't harm TMIB, but that no longer is proof that he is human. I'm pretty sure he is, but nothing can be ruled out.

-Bernard is a host and is Ford's secret agent, helping him keep tabs on Delos and their management team.

-Delos wants control of the park and wants Ford out of the picture, but Ford has been one step ahead of everyone and has so many secrets and so much control that it is going to be pretty much impossible for Delos to get what they want.

-Teresa is dead now. Will Ford replace her with a host, or will she just disappear from the park with no explanation? Will he fake an accident and have someone find her body?

-Delores (in the early timeline) is having flashbacks to a previous build. She painted a picture of part of the park that she does not realize she has visited before. I think this timeline is about 4-5 years after Arnold died, so her flashbacks are likely to her original loop.

-Maeve is attempting to figure out a way to escape into the real world.

-Elsie is still missing and whoever snatched her has enough power to make corporate think that she is taking a vacation.

I thought last night's episode was awesome. I had a hunch Bernard was a host and when he said "what door?" when Teresa found the door I knew it to be true. I think Ford is going to replace her with a host, much like Bernard. I think Bernard is a clone of Arnold. Did Arnold commit suicide or did Ford take him out?

I think Elsie is fine. I'm not sure who has her but I don't think her fate is as sinister as was implied by the last episode.

I still don't understand the maze. I have a feeling that Delores and William are at the entrance though.

I don't understand how Maeve is able to blackmail those guys. I get trying to cover your ass for banging robots but when she starts talking about murdering you I think I'd probably go ahead and risk losing my job.

I thought last night's episode was awesome. I had a hunch Bernard was a host and when he said "what door?" when Teresa found the door I knew it to be true. I think Ford is going to replace her with a host, much like Bernard. I think Bernard is a clone of Arnold. Did Arnold commit suicide or did Ford take him out?

A lot of fans have the theory that Bernard looks just like Arnold did. I don't buy it. It would be out of character for Ford to make a host that looked just like a guy who was around 5 years ago and try to pass him off as a human. Ford is too smart for that. All it would take is 1 low level employee to see Bernard and say, "that guy looks just like Arnold, he must be a robot", or for old pictures/videos/security footage to appear that gives away his ruse.

I think Elsie is fine. I'm not sure who has her but I don't think her fate is as sinister as was implied by the last episode.

I still don't understand the maze. I have a feeling that Delores and William are at the entrance though.

I don't understand how Maeve is able to blackmail those guys. I get trying to cover your ass for banging robots but when she starts talking about murdering you I think I'd probably go ahead and risk losing my job.

Yeah, when he said "what door" it was obvious he was a bot. My only question at that point was whether there was a real Bernard and also a robot one created just to lure her there, or if Bot Bernard was the only one.

Kind of amazing for a show like this to unravel so many questions at once.

Rapidly becoming my favorite show. The method of story telling caused it to start slow and confusing but its coming together great. So many layers.

I think the host that the machine was building in the room is probably to replace Teresa. It give Ford tremendous tactical advantage if he has both Teresa and Bernard inside Delos management. He knows their every move and through Teresa he can feed them false data while keeping them thinking they have the advantage over him.

Not so confident about Elsie. Its fairly open as to who took her. Theatrically only Teresa knew of the secret transmission location but since Bernard sent Elsie and Ford know and controls everything Bernard does Ford would have known she was there. I would be surprised if he knew of the location all along and was using it to feed false data to Delos.

I think the Delores and William timeline is when Arnold was killed or at least faked his death and went into the Maze. If William is TMIB then he and Delores don't find the Maze. My guess is they get real close which is why TMIB is obsessed with it and still looking. Counter to that theory it would seem if William is TMIB he wouldn't have taken 30 years to get to this point and would have known a lot more about the maze then he does.

Bernard being a host does explain a lot about both he and Ford talking to and manipulating Delores. Its all Ford and its all one plan. I totally missed that last week.

A lot of fans have the theory that Bernard looks just like Arnold did. I don't buy it. It would be out of character for Ford to make a host that looked just like a guy who was around 5 years ago and try to pass him off as a human. Ford is too smart for that. All it would take is 1 low level employee to see Bernard and say, "that guy looks just like Arnold, he must be a robot", or for old pictures/videos/security footage to appear that gives away his ruse.

My other question on the whole Bernard storyline thing is how long has Bernard been around? Did Ford build him with the capacity to age in appearance? Otherwise it would become obvious pretty fast that Bernard wasn't human.

Finally wild ass theory:

Ford is actually a host built by and control by Arnold allowing him to run the place from the Maze undetected by Delos.

Not so confident about Elsie. Its fairly open as to who took her. Theatrically only Teresa knew of the secret transmission location but since Bernard sent Elsie and Ford know and controls everything Bernard does Ford would have known she was there. I would be surprised if he knew of the location all along and was using it to feed false data to Delos.

But, Elsie told Bernard that someone else, besides Teresa, was manipulating hosts/transmitting information but that she (Elsie) wasn't yet able to determine who it was. I think there is another Ford antagonist out there.

I think the Delores and William timeline is when Arnold was killed or at least faked his death and went into the Maze. If William is TMIB then he and Delores don't find the Maze. My guess is they get real close which is why TMIB is obsessed with it and still looking. Counter to that theory it would seem if William is TMIB he wouldn't have taken 30 years to get to this point and would have known a lot more about the maze then he does.

I don't think so. In the 2nd episode (where we are introduced to William and Logan), Logan tells William about how the park was started by 2 partners and how 1 of them died in the park. So, William and Delores are not likely to interact with Arnold unless he faked his death. I think they are getting close to the place where Delores' original loop (before she was the Rancher's daughter) took place. The original loop was set up by Arnold and this was when he installed code into her designed to sabotage Ford's plans for the future of the park. She is flashing back to her original loop while with William. I think the maze is something else entirely. William will find out it exists and will spend the next 30+ years trying to find the entrance.

Bernard being a host does explain a lot about both he and Ford talking to and manipulating Delores. Its all Ford and its all one plan. I totally missed that last week.

The question is.... are Bernard's interviews with Delores taking place in the same timeline as the one where we found out he is a host? Did they happen 25+ years prior? We have no idea.

My other question on the whole Bernard storyline thing is how long has Bernard been around? Did Ford build him with the capacity to age in appearance? Otherwise it would become obvious pretty fast that Bernard wasn't human.

Elsie said to Bernard, "you have been here forever" at one point. Ford could probably modify him periodically to make it appear that he has aged. Add some grey hair, make him a bit heavier around the waist, etc. In last night's episode, Ford stated that Bernard was not around when Arnold was alive, but Ford does not seem 100% sure of that. That suggests that Bernard has been around for at least 30 years.

[QUOTE="I don't think so. In the 2nd episode (where we are introduced to William and Logan), Logan tells William about how the park was started by 2 partners and how 1 of them died in the park. So, William and Delores are not likely to interact with Arnold unless he faked his death. I think they are getting close to the place where Delores' original loop (before she was the Rancher's daughter) took place. The original loop was set up by Arnold and this was when he installed code into her designed to sabotage Ford's plans for the future of the park. She is flashing back to her original loop while with William. I think the maze is something else entirely. William will find out it exists and will spend the next 30+ years trying to find the entrance." QUOTE]

I missed that but wasn't there some mention of Delores being there when Arnold tried to destroy the plot and helping prevent it in one of her interview with Ford.

[QUOTE="I don't think so. In the 2nd episode (where we are introduced to William and Logan), Logan tells William about how the park was started by 2 partners and how 1 of them died in the park. So, William and Delores are not likely to interact with Arnold unless he faked his death. I think they are getting close to the place where Delores' original loop (before she was the Rancher's daughter) took place. The original loop was set up by Arnold and this was when he installed code into her designed to sabotage Ford's plans for the future of the park. She is flashing back to her original loop while with William. I think the maze is something else entirely. William will find out it exists and will spend the next 30+ years trying to find the entrance." QUOTE]

I missed that but wasn't there some mention of Delores being there when Arnold tried to destroy the plot and helping prevent it in one of her interview with Ford.

From what we know, Delores is the oldest currently functioning host in the park. She was present when Arnold died. Arnold implanted some coding into her and she basically has an underlying mission to destroy Ford's plans.

This show is a trip!!! Loving this right now.

It is really genius to create a show where the characters don't age and the scenery doesn't change over decades, thus allowing for multiple timelines which keeps the viewer guessing.

I remember when LOST was released and it was something new, and not done on TV before (using flashbacks to link all of these characters' pasts and keep the viewer constantly trying to piece together a puzzle). Other shows have done similar things since then, but this show found a way to climb to the next level.

Reactions: JonnyVito
Potential spoilers if you did not see last nights episode.

We learned a lot about the MIB last night. Looking for the "deeper" game within the park, the one he has come to believe exists and created by Arnold (with Arnold pointing the way through the use of the "maze" design as a series of clues.) So, he's a good citizen outside the park, goes all primal and "black hat" inside the park and his wife/daughter find out about it and they are damaged by the revelation of who he really is deep inside. Knowing he caused his wife's suicide, is back with a vengeance determined to finally uncover Arnold's game and at least solve that riddle.

Ford clearly letting the Board Beyotch know that he was on to their conspiracy and shenanigans and it cost Theresa her life - obviously in an effort to scare her off as well.

The new Clementine.......(Lili Simmons).. ooo-la-la, something about her just does it for me.... formerly my favorite part of Banshee.

We learned a lot about the MIB last night. Looking for the "deeper" game within the park, the one he has come to believe exists and created by Arnold (with Arnold pointing the way through the use of the "maze" design as a series of clues.) So, he's a good citizen outside the park, goes all primal and "black hat" inside the park and his wife/daughter find out about it and they are damaged by the revelation of who he really is deep inside. Knowing he caused his wife's suicide, is back with a vengeance determined to finally uncover Arnold's game and at least solve that riddle.

I'm expecting to find out that a big part of his wife's suicide had to do with him being in love with Dolores, rather than his wife. He may not be telling Teddy the full story.

Reactions: hollywood
I'm expecting to find out that a big part of his wife's suicide had to do with him being in love with Dolores, rather than his wife. He may not be telling Teddy the full story.

Also worth noting the girl they discovered alive was the host who greeted William when he first came to the park. Another indication MIB is William. I'm assuming his wife who committed suicide is Logan's sister. Did tie up one of my major loose ends of why the MIB is just now having the big crisis and searching for the maze.

Also saw in a flashback Bernard killed Elsie for Ford. Fords wiping of Bernard brain may have consequences as he didn't remember his relationship with Theresa when talking to the head of security.

Logan and William now appear to be enemies at least to Logan. Be interesting to see how William get's out of this and if Logan dies as everyone thinks he did. What role does Delores play?

Maeve is creating complete caos both in the park and in the administration building. Not sure where that is going. Big Host revolt in season finale?

Also worth noting the girl they discovered alive was the host who greeted William when he first came to the park.

I also noted that she was one of the cast of characters in the place that Doloros keeps having flash-backs of - where the remnants of the old church steeple still stands but otherwise is now desolate. Now we know this was the "training" facility where the hosts were first imbibed with certain human characteristics. She was walking under an umbrella while many of the others were dancing.

Elsie, that one gets me a bit. Simply because she was shown on the phone with Bernard warning him against revealing info to Theresa while he was in Theresa's room, at the time when the hands reach out and grab her. I'm not convinced she is dead, I think it's a fake-out.

BTW, forgot to mention it: I did like how Maeve discovered she could control all of the host simply be "putting a bug (suggestion) in their ear." Not quite to the level that Ford could apparently control them by thought alone, but could be quite the formidable foe if she takes this skill large.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to go back and watch it again, as I wasn't sure that was Elsie that Bernard was strangling. If so, it seems strange that they spent so much time developing her character and making her an integral part of the story, only to show us that she was killed and do it in a 1 second flashback. It seems like there has to be more to her story. Maybe Ford grabbed her and took her prisoner and had Bernard kill her later. Maybe Bernard will remember and we will see all that happened to her.

Seeing theory that perhaps Doloros is actually "Wyatt" in that she snapped in her training days and killed all the hosts, gunning them down, and that is what she keeps seeing all the bodies on the ground at the training facility. That she had been programmed to do so by Arnold, who was basically in a "civil-war" with Ford over the park's control, with Arnold wanting to shut it down.

Also, that MIB/William is aware of this fact and thus the reason why he kind of "feels" for Teddy. Knowing that Teddy has been programmed to desire Doloros above all other things, but also has been programmed to seek out and kill "Wyatt." This means that Teddy is forever doomed. He cannot ever have Doloros, if he kills Wyatt and that without killing Wyatt, he can never have Doloros, thus he's kind of got a Sisyphean task and put in a no-win scenario.

Seeing theory that perhaps Doloros is actually "Wyatt" in that she snapped in her training days and killed all the hosts, gunning them down, and that is what she keeps seeing all the bodies on the ground at the training facility. That she had been programmed to do so by Arnold, who was basically in a "civil-war" with Ford over the park's control, with Arnold wanting to shut it down.

Also, that MIB/William is aware of this fact and thus the reason why he kind of "feels" for Teddy. Knowing that Teddy has been programmed to desire Doloros above all other things, but also has been programmed to seek out and kill "Wyatt." This means that Teddy is forever doomed. He cannot ever have Doloros, if he kills Wyatt and that without killing Wyatt, he can never have Doloros, thus he's kind of got a Sisyphean task and put in a no-win scenario.

Saw that also. Not buying it.

Ford, supposedly, just created the Wyatt narrative. Dolores was seeing memories of all the dead hosts, in the town, while she was with William 30+ years ago. How could she have been Wyatt 30+ years before Wyatt existed.

I'm thinking that Dolores is remembering a mass execution of a bunch of hosts (that she witnessed), and Ford created the Wyatt narrative 30 years later, and incorporated into it, a mass execution of a bunch of hosts (that he witnessed or saw after the fact). I'm betting that Arnold destroyed all of those hosts to try to prevent the park from opening.

Haven't we seen flashbacks from Teddy of Wyatt actually massacring people. He's a dude in those. This is where the whole concept gets confusing. Since Ford just made Wyatt up in the present to fill in Teddy's backstory how can other host have memories of him. Does he simultaneously reprogram all the host to plant Wyatt in their backstory too? How would the man in black have any knowledge of Wyatt? Did Teddy tell him about it? I can remember all the details but this whole thing seems very tricky.

Wow,a lot went down in that episode. So if Arnold wanted to create sentient beings, that would make him their God. I'm guessing the maze was his programming into at least a few hosts subconscious,a way for them to find him back when he was alive either to help then escape, or add new programming covertly. The blonde Wyatt gang member was right...the maze isn't for real people...It's for the hosts to find their maker...or escape. Delores found it first and killed a bunch of people including Arnold.

Someone help me out on original town timeline though. Was it covered in sand the first time William and Delores found it? So has Delores gone nuts 3 times? Once when she killed Arnold, once with William, and now again? Did Logan allude to Arnold being dead already a few episodes back?

I'm not 100% convinced Delores really killed Arnold. As we were seeing with Teddy at the same time host can have conflicting memories. Teddy remembered Wyatt killing everyone and then he remember himself killing everyone. Remember the whole Wyatt thing as referenced earlier is something Ford just introduced as Teddy's backstory. It never happened. Or did it? Ford plants memories just like he did with Bernard's son and wipes out what he doesn't want remembered like Bernard killing Theresa and Elsie. He could very well have planted the image of Delores killing Arnold in her memory.

Wow,a lot went down in that episode. So if Arnold wanted to create sentient beings, that would make him their God. I'm guessing the maze was his programming into at least a few hosts subconscious,a way for them to find him back when he was alive either to help then escape, or add new programming covertly. The blonde Wyatt gang member was right...the maze isn't for real people...It's for the hosts to find their maker...or escape. Delores found it first and killed a bunch of people including Arnold.

Someone help me out on original town timeline though. Was it covered in sand the first time William and Delores found it? So has Delores gone nuts 3 times? Once when she killed Arnold, once with William, and now again? Did Logan allude to Arnold being dead already a few episodes back?

I'm not sure what to make of the content of your first paragraph, so I am going to leave it alone.

As to your other questions....

-The town is very confusing. We have seen Delores remembering being there while hosts were being trained to interact (dance) with each other. We have seen her go into the church and take the elevator to the lower level to talk to Bernard/Arnold. We have seen her remembering all the "dead" hosts. We have seen Teddy remembering Wyatt/himself slaughtering all the hosts in the town. We have seen the town covered with sand in the latest timeline. The MIB overhears a conversation about the town covered in sand and says that he knows the place and has been there. It seems like he is remembering being there in the early William timeline. But, we then see Delores remembering him coming into the church as the MIB. So, it is very hard to come up with a story that makes sense for the town. Maybe it was only covered with Sand within the last few years, but why?

-As far as Delores going "nuts"...She definitely did when she was with William. She started having flashbacks to a prior build when she was interacting with Bernardold. From what we have seen of those memories, it certainly appears that she wasn't functioning normally during the time she was interacting with Bernardold, so that makes 2 times she went off task. In the latest timeline, we have seen her having flashbacks to prior events, but we don't know what happened to her after she killed the host, in the barn, and rode off on her horse. We know that Stubbs got a report that she was 'deviating from her loop", but we don't know where she went or what she is doing.

-Logan definitely told William that the park was opened by 2 partners and one of them died in some kind of accident that occurred within the park.

Reactions: FMPoke
I think what we saw last night what happened after she killed the host in the barn. Her seeing the man in Black in the church was not a flashback

also I think that the town was covered with sand up until very very recently, when Ford uncovered it as a part of his new narrative

I'm not sure what to make of the content of your first paragraph, so I am going to leave it alone.

As to your other questions....

-The town is very confusing. We have seen Delores remembering being there while hosts were being trained to interact (dance) with each other. We have seen her go into the church and take the elevator to the lower level to talk to Bernard/Arnold. We have seen her remembering all the "dead" hosts. We have seen Teddy remembering Wyatt/himself slaughtering all the hosts in the town. We have seen the town covered with sand in the latest timeline. The MIB overhears a conversation about the town covered in sand and says that he knows the place and has been there. It seems like he is remembering being there in the early William timeline. But, we then see Delores remembering him coming into the church as the MIB. So, it is very hard to come up with a story that makes sense for the town. Maybe it was only covered with Sand within the last few years, but why?

-As far as Delores going "nuts"...She definitely did when she was with William. She started having flashbacks to a prior build when she was interacting with Bernardold. From what we have seen of those memories, it certainly appears that she wasn't functioning normally during the time she was interacting with Bernardold, so that makes 2 times she went off task. In the latest timeline, we have seen her having flashbacks to prior events, but we don't know what happened to her after she killed the host, in the barn, and rode off on her horse. We know that Stubbs got a report that she was 'deviating from her loop", but we don't know where she went or what she is doing.

-Logan definitely told William that the park was opened by 2 partners and one of them died in some kind of accident that occurred within the park.

Yeah my 1st paragraph as a mess. Basically I'm saying the entrance to the maze was the confession booth, the maze was probably all the underground tunnels, and the center of the maze was where the hosts...30 years ago... could find the then alive Arnold. Arnold wanted his creations to be actual living beings, Ford, and I'm guessing many others did not. So Arnold put code, buried deep inside the early hosts that had the maze in it. Only the hosts that managed to become a bit self aware triggered this buried code within themselves. Thats the "voice" that they are hearing (both Delores back then, and the other ones in the current timeline). When they trigger the old code, it gives them the idea of the maze, and the voices call them to it. I'm guessing that, since Ford and others would not allow him to make them fully sentient beings, he wanted to do so in secret, and when the most "alive" ones found him in the secret spot he could do his work on them to make them fully aware...or help them escape. Delores was the first to find him, making her fully self aware sent her on a murderous rampage. She kills Arnold and many others in the tunnels, then goes back topside and killing the townspeople hosts before being caught and shut down.

TMIB is on a bit of a goose chase. the maze was real, but what it lead to was only important to the hosts, and died 30 years ago. However....for some reason Ford seems to want him to find it, thus uncovering the town from the sand. The last scene was him finally finding the entrance.

Reactions: FMPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT