ADVERTISEMENT

GOT 4

Rhaegal's underside was scratched pretty badly by Viserion in episode 3. Still, he shouldn't have been killed so easily.

I'm surprised no one brought up the fact Cersei could have wiped them all out, including Drogon, while they were at the gates of Kings Landing.

This is pretty bad writing.
Now you can argue that these ancient projectiles wouldn't be that accurate in the first place and that Dani should've seen them coming, but you can't argue that the blows should not have killed the dragon. The first one hit him square in the chest, and another clean through the neck. These were huge, heavy bolts.

Both were killing blows, then he would've drowned if he wasn't already dead.

Jon looks like a shoe in for the throne which seems too obvious at this point. I just can't see them letting Cersei survive and Dani is fading. Tyrion maybe?

Last night, the way was paved for Gendry to have a legitimate shot at sitting the throne. Maybe with Arya as head of his Kingsguard, or Hand of the King?

Last night, the way was paved for Gendry to have a legitimate shot at sitting the throne. Maybe with Arya as head of his Kingsguard, or Hand of the King?

He has the blood line but he's totally unqualified (not that that's ever mattered) and not interested at all. Also does anyone have a problem with a guy who was a very minor character and spent four years rowing around in a boat suddenly showing up at the end as the winner? Hot Pie might as well show up & claim it.

Last edited:
It would be a pretty big let down for such a minor character to sit on the throne in the end.

Would it? I'd be fine with it. Especially if Dani and Cersei are dead. The obvious would be that Jon ends up on the throne, but IMO, that is too similar to Lord of the Rings, as Jon has a lot of similarities to Aragorn. No one else really makes sense, and Jon can return to Winterfell as Warden of the North, with a strong relationship to the IF, and a powerful, united Westeros.

Would it? I'd be fine with it. Especially if Dani and Cersei are dead. The obvious would be that Jon ends up on the throne, but IMO, that is too similar to Lord of the Rings, as Jon has a lot of similarities to Aragorn. No one else really makes sense, and Jon can return to Winterfell as Warden of the North, with a strong relationship to the IF, and a powerful, united Westeros.

I get that is makes sense logically. I'm just saying from a show perspective it would be terrible. 8 seasons and hundreds of hours of TV just for it to end up with Robert's son who has barely been on the show "winning" everything. Honestly, I wouldn't be totally shocked if we never see Gendry again.

One more. Trivial, I know.

The funeral pyres in the opening scene. Think about how long it would take to build all of those. The man power needed. The number of trees that they would need. I could see them putting those together by about 1 week post battle, but that is a long time to leave the bodies waiting to be burned. In reality, you would build about 1/4 of the number they built, and stack the bodies super high, rather than laying them all out without any of them touching anyone else.

I thought the same thing.

Plus, how are ‘half the northerners’ and ‘half the unsullied’ still alive? At the end of the battle it looked like 2 or 300 survived in total.

I am more and more convinced each minute I watch that:

#1 Dani goes mad king and her own team and John (perhaps Jamie) have to off her
#2 Sansa is the "younger and more beautiful Queen" that will be Cercei's undoing

Reactions: giddyup
I thought about Gendry being king last night.... IMO a Baratheon has a better claim to the thrown than a Targarian, since the Targs were overthrown.

But... he was legitimized by Dani... who has no authority yet. So he's really still a bastard.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I thought the same thing.

Plus, how are ‘half the northerners’ and ‘half the unsullied’ still alive? At the end of the battle it looked like 2 or 300 survived in total.

That bugged me as well. There should have been an epic number of bodies to burn, and very few left given how the Castle was overan,
Should also have been many more of the big name characters killed. That came across as very HBO'ish.

I think Dani is going to eventually come to terms that Westerose just isn't "Home", those are not her people, and heads back East with Tyrian to finish what she started there. John becomes King and Sansa rules the North.

I think Dani is going to eventually come to terms that Westerose just isn't "Home", those are not her people, and heads back East with Tyrian to finish what she started there. John becomes King and Sansa rules the North.

Her whole life she heard that she or her brother are the true heirs to the throne. Plus as pointed out last night she walked into a fire and came out with three dragons. She is convinced its her entitlement and destiny. She's going mad king before she's giving up.

Heads back east? What is this? A sit-com?

She's going to get either gutted or have her head chopped off.

I get the Dany turns into the mad king stuff but even for a show this dark that is a pretty dark way for her story to end.

P.S. - I'm not saying it won't happen either.

I'm having a really hard time seeing a case develop that Arya would ever feel compelled to kill Dani. She's not riding to KL to kill Dani on suspicions from some that she might turn out like her father.

As we're all discussing, that would be a total GRRM move to kill Dani now, and he's clearly not calling the shots. Or is he?

I'm having a really hard time seeing a case develop that Arya would ever feel compelled to kill Dani. She's not riding to KL to kill Dani on suspicions from some that she might turn out like her father.

As we're all discussing, that would be a total GRRM move to kill Dani now, and he's clearly not calling the shots. Or is he?
I don’t think she intends to now. But if she turns on John I bet she will be first in line

I don’t think she intends to now. But if she turns on John I bet she will be first in line

Agree.

Interesting that Arya told the Hound that she doesn't plan on returning to Winterfell. I think she ends up staying in KL, either with Jon or Gendry.

Arya doesn't kill people for political reasons. Dani squabbling with Jon is not a reason to kill her. You guys really underestimate Arya.

I have this horrible feeling that Arya may be the star that get killed at the end. Someone has to be the big shocking emotional death. The facts that she's with the Hound and going to kill Cersei leads me to think there's going to be some kind of Arya, Cersei, Mountain & Hound big showdown. Arya tries to kill Cersei but is stopped by the Mountain who is then Killed by the Hound who may or may not save Arya. Cersei escapes to be killed by Jamie and fulfill the prophecy. Hound may or may not die saving Arya. I feel like this is where the whole Hound / Arya thing has been leading.

Dani has to die but it may be with her last dragon.

I'm sticking to my early prediction that no one ends up ruling the seven kingdoms. The North, Dorne and the Iron Island all end up independent.

Arya doesn't kill people for political reasons. Dani squabbling with Jon is not a reason to kill her. You guys really underestimate Arya.

Have you been paying attention? The writers do whatever they want to do, regardless of whether or not it make logical sense or is in tune with prior characterization.

With that noted, here is how it could happen.

Dani goes "mad king" and incinerates a good portion of KL, including innocent civilians.

Jon tries to reign her in and convince her that she is acting unreasonably and out of anger.

Dani turns on him and accuses him of just wanting the throne for himself.

Dani is about to Dracarys the shit out of him, when Arya steps in just like Jaime did with the Mad King.

Reactions: SouthWestOKPoke
I have this horrible feeling that Arya may be the star that get killed at the end. Someone has to be the big shocking emotional death. The facts that she's with the Hound and going to kill Cersei leads me to think there's going to be some kind of Arya, Cersei, Mountain & Hound big showdown. Arya tries to kill Cersei but is stopped by the Mountain who is then Killed by the Hound who may or may not save Arya. Cersei escapes to be killed by Jamie and fulfill the prophecy. Hound may or may not die saving Arya. I feel like this is where the whole Hound / Arya thing has been leading.

Dani has to die but it may be with her last dragon.

I'm sticking to my early prediction that no one ends up ruling the seven kingdoms. The North, Dorne and the Iron Island all end up independent.

Jaime is going to kill Cersei. That was made crystal clear last night (IMO).

I’m not thinking political. I’m thinking she gets crazy at the end and tries to dragon fire John. And that’s all Arya needs.

Have you been paying attention? The writers do whatever they want to do, regardless of whether or not it make logical sense or is in tune with prior characterization.

With that noted, here is how it could happen.

Dani goes "mad king" and incinerates a good portion of KL, including innocent civilians.

Jon tries to reign her in and convince her that she is acting unreasonably and out of anger.

Dani turns on him and accuses him of just wanting the throne for himself.

Dani is about to Dracarys the shit out of him, when Arya steps in just like Jaime did with the Mad King.
You have an active imagination, sir.

The writers aren't going to write in shark-jumping to finish off this series.

The last

I'm thinking the last dragon refusing Dani's order to spit roast Jon is how he's revealed to be worthy of the iron throne.

Or it does dragon fire him and he's immune to it. I kind of wondered if that was going to happen in the Battle of Winterfell when he stepped in front of the dragon at the end right before the NK got it.

Thanks for answering my question about whether or not you have been watching this show recently.
Everyone's agreed that the writing has not paid perfect homage to the books or to popular Reddit theories, but embracing dramatic hyperbole as the likely outcomes is still way over the top.

Everyone's agreed that the writing has not paid perfect homage to the books or to popular Reddit theories, but embracing dramatic hyperbole as the likely outcomes is still way over the top.

I really don't think what I proposed is anything close to dramatic hyperbole. We can agree to disagree.

So which one of the D’s shit in all our pants? Had to be the best line of the night. Gonna miss Giantsbane.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Just re-watched the killing of Missandei scene. I going to give Cersei a lot of credit here actually. I see this as a similar move as what Ramsey did when he killed Rickon. She was goading Danne into making a military mistake just like Jon did by rushing into Calvary charge during the BOTB. Also, Cersei knows that Danne has engendered loyalty by being noble. If Danne goes mad and burns Kings Landing then she'll lose the moral high ground and many of her loyal supporters.

Am I the only one who things they are kind of holding Danny to an impossible standard? I mean medieval warfare is won by taking cities. It just feels odd that people are trying to get her to somehow conquer the seven kingdoms without blood shed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT