ADVERTISEMENT

Gin and Lysol tonic

So the president throws out the possibility of using already-proven UV light therapy, used for bilirubin and skin disorders. Let's check it out.

Then he asks (yes, there is a question mark there) if there is a way to disinfect the blood? That it would be interesting to check it out.

It's no wonder technological advances lag so far behind in communist countries. Where there is no vision, the people perish. You guys are so eaten up with TDS, you've lost your vision.

Are you saying that, if I had asked you the following question 24 hours ago, your response might have been something along the lines of "I don't know, those are ideas worth considering."

Question: Do you think we can use ultraviolet light, or possibly inject disinfectant, into Covid patients, and that it will be effective in treating the disease?

Surely, you were smart enough, 24 hours ago, to know that neither of those options are realistic ideas for treating the virus.

Reactions: my_2cents
Keep spinning, Brad.

Anything to defend the dude on the pedestal.
Yeah that's my angle Ben.

Almost 100% of veterinarians that I know (a lot) are positive, non-cynical folks who, in a pinch, are open to unorthodox thinking.

Granted almost all of them are also rural vets that frequently treat their patients literally in a field or in the bed of a truck.

Reactions: iasooner1
Yeah that's my angle Ben.

Almost 100% of veterinarians that I know (a lot) are positive, non-cynical folks who, in a pinch, are open to unorthodox thinking.

Granted almost all of them are also rural vets that frequently treat their patients literally in a field or in the bed of a truck.

giphy.gif

Safe to assume you do not think outside the box when trying to save a patient when there are no known treatments?

Then your opinion on this likely isn't worth a damn, and you should see yourself out.

Reactions: Tulsaaggieson
So you have nothing against conservatives because you used to get along with them but you don't know what that means any longer... So if you don't know what the word means how do you know you have nothing against them and that you get along with them?

You are correct that Trump isn't a conservative in the classical sense of the word. But again, if you don't know what that word even means any more then how can you correctly label anyone?
I know what it means in my mind.I have had the good fortune to meet several very intelligent conservatives and leftists who were so well read that i couldn't possibly debate with them.
I once posted a half a dozen articles for you and you said you knew his personality well but still supported him.
ostatedchi no political leader is a savior, they are all human with their strength and weaknesses nust like all of us.
Every politician lies it goes with this trade. But in my life I have never seen a political leader who lied as much as Trump does.
He is a oke around the world and at the same time the most powerful man in the world,to me that is very scary,

Are you saying that, if I had asked you the following question 24 hours ago, your response might have been something along the lines of "I don't know, those are ideas worth considering."

Question: Do you think we can use ultraviolet light, or possibly inject disinfectant, into Covid patients, and that it will be effective in treating the disease?

Surely, you were smart enough, 24 hours ago, to know that neither of those options are realistic ideas for treating the virus.

I'll only say this. Three of my eight US and EU patents were heavily mocked in the early stages by the likes of you and Sys. But I ignored it as just white noise and kept plugging away. Necessity is the mother of invention. I identify far more with Trump's way of thinking than a couple of commonplace critics.

So, I guess from reading this and how crazy a notion it is there certainly aren’t any known chemical virucides being used or studied for the treatment of, say HIV or any other virus?

Last edited:
Reactions: okcpokefan12
People defending that rambling have to be trolling. It’s seriously okay to admit that was so off point it’s hard to imagine it’s real. You don’t have to defend everything this president says, he makes mistakes every now and then.

So the president throws out the possibility of using already-proven UV light therapy, used for bilirubin and skin disorders. Let's check it out.

Then he asks (yes, there is a question mark there) if there is a way to disinfect the blood? That it would be interesting to check it out.

It's no wonder technological advances lag so far behind in communist countries. Where there is no vision, the people perish. You guys are so eaten up with TDS, you've lost your vision.
True.

People defending that rambling have to be trolling. It’s seriously okay to admit that was so off point it’s hard to imagine it’s real. You don’t have to defend everything this president says, he makes mistakes every now and then.

Oh lord, Harry....

“Brainstorming?”

No....just......no.

What is the opposite of Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Maybe it is actually TDS, but they are deranged into believing and defending everything he says.

What is the opposite of Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Maybe it is actually TDS, but they are deranged into believing and defending everything he says.

Type 2 TDS.

Trump Deification Syndrome.

Damn folks, it’s more than okay to recognize and accept that yesterday was some weird, concerning rambling and STILL support the man. Just put it to an off day.....lack of sleep...at least he’s not Biden...anything.

But...another brilliant performance...brainstorming?

Live on national tv?

With that end result?

What America needs right now.

And anybody that isn’t all in on that defense is an unAmerican, close minded, TDS sufferer?

Nah....step off with that nonsense.

I know exactly what is going on in Pakistan, our population is 220000000.
We have been wearing masks from end of Feb.Our head of the govt has not suggested to use any anti malaria drug or inject our body with disinfectant.
We leave these decisions to the experts,
Your religion puts your women in black total body masks (burkas) all the time not just for Wuhan Charlie avoidance.

Reactions: iasooner1 and 22LR
Your religion puts your women in black total body masks (burkas) all the time not just for Wuhan Charlie avoidance.
We are back to Islam are we I thought the discussion was about your stable genius suggesting that u inject disinfectant in your body,

Reactions: my_2cents
President Trump is being quoted out of context — as usual — by left-wingers on social media who are accusing him of suggesting injecting people with disinfectant as a way of curing coronavirus infections.

Trump used the word “inject,” but what he meant was using a process — which he left “medical doctors” to define — in which patients’ lungs might be cleared of the virus, given new knowledge about its response to light and other factors.

Earlier in the briefing, Dr. Bill Bryant, leader of the Science and Technology Directorate at the Department of Homeland Security, described the results of new government research that showed that the coronavirus did not survive long in solar light, warmer temperatures, and more humid conditions. He added that disinfectants had also been effective against it.

Trump, responding to that, noted that there had been discussions of testing ultraviolet light on patients, or of methods to bring light inside the body. “And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it [the virus] out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside, or almost a cleaning, cause you see it gets in the lungs.”

At no time did Trump actually propose injecting patients with disinfectant; he deferred to “medical doctors” to figure out how to apply Dr. Bryant’s research

We are back to Islam are we I thought the discussion was about your stable genius suggesting that u inject disinfectant in your body,

For the record, what he actually said is weird enough and concerning enough without claiming he suggested anyone inject disinfectant in their body.

He didn’t....actually....do....that.

Type 2 TDS.

Trump Deification Syndrome.

Damn folks, it’s more than okay to recognize and accept that yesterday was some weird, concerning rambling and STILL support the man. Just put it to an off day.....lack of sleep...at least he’s not Biden...anything.

But...another brilliant performance...brainstorming?

Live on national tv?

With that end result?

What America needs right now.

And anybody that isn’t all in on that defense is an unAmerican, close minded, TDS sufferer?

Nah....step off with that nonsense.
The reason (most) people jump to his defense is that it’s non-stop inaccuracies being stated as fact by people who pontificate about fake news and Russia spreading fake stories.

I totally agree with you that Trump’s comments yesterday were inarticulate (as they frequently are) and clumsily delivered (as they frequently are), and that he just isn’t capable (or not often capable) of just saying nothing. But he never said anything about drinking bleach or injecting common household disinfectants. It’s just completely false. And those comments were tweeted by actual media members and then spread all over the internet. The only way I knew about it before reading this was about a dozen people commenting on it on FB last night that my wife showed me.

He mentioned the effectiveness of disinfectants on destroying the virus quickly and then said if we could devise “something like that” and could somehow inject into the body it would great/interesting to explore.

President Trump is being quoted out of context — as usual — by left-wingers on social media who are accusing him of suggesting injecting people with disinfectant as a way of curing coronavirus infections.

Trump used the word “inject,” but what he meant was using a process — which he left “medical doctors” to define — in which patients’ lungs might be cleared of the virus, given new knowledge about its response to light and other factors.

Earlier in the briefing, Dr. Bill Bryant, leader of the Science and Technology Directorate at the Department of Homeland Security, described the results of new government research that showed that the coronavirus did not survive long in solar light, warmer temperatures, and more humid conditions. He added that disinfectants had also been effective against it.

Trump, responding to that, noted that there had been discussions of testing ultraviolet light on patients, or of methods to bring light inside the body. “And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it [the virus] out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside, or almost a cleaning, cause you see it gets in the lungs.”

At no time did Trump actually propose injecting patients with disinfectant; he deferred to “medical doctors” to figure out how to apply Dr. Bryant’s research

I watched the entire press conference.

I agree that he didn’t actually propose injecting patients with disinfectant, but if Biden had said the same thing....

Trump supporters would be ALL OVER IT.

The reason (most) people jump to his defense is that it’s non-stop inaccuracies being stared as fact by people who pontificate about fake news and Russia spreading fake stories.

I totally agree with you that Trump’s comments yesterday were inarticulate (as they frequently are) and clumsily delivered (as they frequently are), and that he just isn’t capable (or not often capable) of just saying nothing. But he never said anything about drinking bleach or injecting common household disinfectants. It’s just completely false.

He mentioned the effectiveness of disinfectants on destroying the virus quickly and then said if we could devise “something like that” and could somehow inject into the body it would great/interesting to explore.

He also wasn’t “brainstorming”.

And people that recognize that aren’t necessarily UnAmerican, close minded TDS sufferers.

The proper response to ridiculous false claims isn’t equally ridiculous false claims, IMO.

He also wasn’t “brainstorming”.

And people that recognize that aren’t necessarily UnAmerican, close minded TDS sufferers.

The proper response to ridiculous false claims isn’t equally ridiculous false claims, IMO.
Everyone in this thread other than you who has been critical of Trump’s comments yesterday has claimed that he literally suggested to inject disinfectant or drink bleach, or both, might be effective.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Didn't he?

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

No, he didn’t.

He asked a question.

He didn’t suggest or propose it been done.

He asked a question.

A very weird, concerning, uninformed one, but....

He asked a question.

Everyone in this thread other than you who has been critical of Trump’s comments yesterday has claimed that he literally suggested to inject disinfectant or drink bleach, or both, might be effective.

And the response has been that Trump was brilliantly brainstorming and everything he said is supported by firm science.

Two sides of the same coin in my book.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Like two people have said that.

Two of the biggest and truest and most vocal Trump supporters through the years.

And

At least three if you read closely....and others have liked that posted here...and there are way more in the Trumpesphere that is social media doing exactly that.

And similar in number to the posts in this thread claiming he literally directed or suggested bleach injection begin immediately.

And plenty more here dismissing any notion that it was weird, concerning, or maybe shouldn’t have been said here and elsewhere.

And regardless of the actual numbers here and elsewhere....it’s the opposite side of the exact same coin of nonsense. Neither is justified.

Didn't he?

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

Been your a smart guy What is the difference between this statement;
"And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

and this statement
"And is there a way we can do something by injecting/drinking inside for a cleaning?"

An unforced error by not being more clear, for sure and makes a lot of those but given kids glove treatment by past offensive statements by people like the ex-rodent in chief, and Trump it obvious he never actually suggested "running out and getting this concoction and "injecting it into your person." That J&J came out and said under no circumstances you should "inject" Lysol into your person, just shows that its not only the media filled with a bunch of dummies.

In my personal opinion, these briefing have diminishing returns now. Trump is far better off waiting a few weeks and going back to his on the road shows. I would like for the first one to be in Michigan, be fun to watch the idiot gov try to cite everyone that goes. Given her sloppiness I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to ticket Trump.

Lastly, anyone who believes this is a viable approach, should at the very least quick procreating and at the most try it out. They are obviously too dam dumb to claim homo sapiens status.

At least three if you read closely....and others have liked that posted here...and there are way more in the Trumpesphere that is social media doing exactly that.
You of all people know that a 'like' isn't always because you condone the post content.
I like posts for all kinds of reasons.

You of all people know that a 'like' isn't always because you condone the post content.

When his response is that only two people have said that in this thread....

It is ABSOLUTELY an appropriate response that those two people have gotten likes on those posts which at least raises the question of whether they are “lone wolves” in those opinions and statements.

And if you’ve got any likes in this thread that you want to disavow as meaning you agree with the statement....feel free.

Reactions: davidallen
Lastly, anyone who believes this is a viable approach, should at the very least quick procreating and at the most try it out. They are obviously too dam dumb to claim homo sapiens status.

I think that is the whole point. To even wonder if injecting disinfectant into a human (or infusing it into the lungs) is a viable option for treating Covid patients signifies a lack of intelligence.

Okay, obviously he wasn’t condoning or suggesting to drink or inject bleach or Lysol. I agree, the media stating that’s what he said is disingenuous at best. He was thinking out loud at “creative” ways to beat this, but the thoughts were clearly very, very wrong. So wrong, you have to wonder if he knows even the slightest clue about the science of what’s going on. Honestly it’s okay if he doesn’t, he’s not a doctor or scientist, so he just needs to stop talking about it. At all.

And if you’ve got any likes in this thread that you want to disavow as meaning you agree with the statement....feel free.
I've no idea if I've liked something in this thread. I click in the moment. I don't feel the need to disavow anything. I'm just saying that you can't assume a like from me is because I agree with the content.

I've no idea if I've liked something in this thread. I click in the moment. I don't feel the need to disavow anything. I'm just saying that you can't assume a like from me is because I agree with the content.

I don’t believe I did that.

What I did do is point out that his claim that only two people were of this particular opinion was subject to question by the fact of likes to those exact same posts.

I didn’t assume a like from anyone was because they agree with the content. I did raise it as a possibility to the stated assumption that only two people in this thread believed as they did or agreed with them.

I think that is the whole point. To even wonder if injecting disinfectant into a human (or infusing it into the lungs) is a viable option for treating Covid patients signifies a lack of intelligence.

Fair enough.....my biggest problem with this whole deal, is that many people are given the benefit of a doubt and very few aren't. I will leave it up to people to decide which is which.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT