ADVERTISEMENT

Designated Survivor [Netflix]

Would be more excited if it was Jack Bauer as president!!! ISIS would be in for a world of hurt.

I read a series of books with a similar theme. The first book was titled "the Remaining". Really enjoyable reads. I like the concept, but the previews look kind of "meh".

I can't take any show seriously these days that says ABC, NBC, or CBS in the lower corner of the screen. All the cable networks and now Netflix and Amazon have spoiled me on a far more superior product.
I agree with you 99% of the time. I think The Blacklist on NBC is fantastic. I'm hoping this one will be good. But for the most part, the other channels (AMC, FX, HBO, etc) and vehicles (Netflix, Hulu, and even Amazon) are putting out superior products.

Agree. Interested to see what Quantico has in store for season 2 as well.

@Wally12 was listening to Obama's former head speech writer. Said the show was incredibly accurate when he saw an early screening.

Is it on tonight? I got caught up in This Is Us on NBC last night.....thought it was GREAT.

Just watched the pilot. Completely underwhelmed. The wife liked it though.

I'm a West Wing guy, and this is not nearly the same caliber.

Anyone catch Quantico tonight? Kind of underwhelmed with the storyline, just a recycled Season 1 but now they're the CIA. Not gonna lie, that ending kind of freaked me out though.

Anyone catch Quantico tonight? Kind of underwhelmed with the storyline, just a recycled Season 1 but now they're the CIA. Not gonna lie, that ending kind of freaked me out though.
I need to finish season 1. Saw they put it on Netflix. Pretty good show!

Episode 2 was good!! That general sucks
That general is just one of several things really stupid about the show.

1) 4-5 star generals are order-following political animals, not treasonous backstabbers. The whole portrayal of the character like he's some third world tyrant conniving to play by his own rules and overthrow the Commander in Chief is just nonsensical.

2) Zero discussion of "how exactly did someone do this and could they do it again, should we even be out in the open in the wreckage? Was it a bomb, a missile, an inside job, a truck parked outside?" Nothing? Really?

3) Attitudinal teen transports his attitude through a national and family crisis and into the White House. Ummm, OK

4) Evil Repub governor and evil jack-booted police abound. We'd be a fascist police state if it weren't for the heroic media and left wing activists.

These lefty stereotypes are what was smartly left out of 24, in a similar setting, but are all over this show.

That general is just one of several things really stupid about the show.

1) 4-5 star generals are order-following political animals, not treasonous backstabbers. The whole portrayal of the character like he's some third world tyrant conniving to play by his own rules and overthrow the Commander in Chief is just nonsensical.

2) Zero discussion of "how exactly did someone do this and could they do it again, should we even be out in the open in the wreckage? Was it a bomb, a missile, an inside job, a truck parked outside?" Nothing? Really?

3) Attitudinal teen transports his attitude through a national and family crisis and into the White House. Ummm, OK

4) Evil Repub governor and evil jack-booted police abound. We'd be a fascist police state if it weren't for the heroic media and left wing activists.

These lefty stereotypes are what was smartly left out of 24, in a similar setting, but are all over this show.

Don't forget the institutional Islamophobia. Poor "Danny" Fayed.

I like the show but fear it will be a SJW morality play every week.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Watched the first two episodes. Underwhelmed so far but giving it a chance. Concept is interesting but so far characters are pretty one dimensional. Appears to be some kind of inside job. General is so obvious he may be a red herring. Agree they are ignoring obviously plot points like how could someone actually penetrate security and do this. No real investigation except for one lone wolf in the FBI. Poor Kiether just seems all alone. No immediate support from allies, other government leaders, ex presidents etc. Just him, his wife, chief of staff and speech writer.

Watched the first two episodes. Underwhelmed so far but giving it a chance. Concept is interesting but so far characters are pretty one dimensional. Appears to be some kind of inside job. General is so obvious he may be a red herring. Agree they are ignoring obviously plot points like how could someone actually penetrate security and do this. No real investigation except for one lone wolf in the FBI. Poor Kiether just seems all alone. No immediate support from allies, other government leaders, ex presidents etc. Just him, his wife, chief of staff and speech writer.
Yeah found myself asking the same thing... where are the former presidents in all this mess? Where are the state level party hacks? Just implausible. The Clancy version would have been a better starting point....

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Also I know Kal Penn graduated from UCLA, is very accomplished actor and has actually worked in the White House but I keep waiting for him to offer the President a dobbie and suggest they head for White Castle to clear their heads.

Last episode was really good IMO...

Last edited:
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

lol whatcha did you little jerk!
oops sorry:D:confused:

raw

Reactions: shortbus
I'm enjoying the show, but I feel it's episodes away from becoming preachy liberal claptrap.

I do think they are handling the fallout of something like this pretty realistically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT