ADVERTISEMENT

demorats gonna demorat

You mean before the inflation reduction act was passed? Hardly a useful measure.
Are you having a rough time due to Biden?
No but plenty in the middleclass and those in poverty are struggling their asses off because of Democrats inflation and their ridiculous spending/

No but plenty in the middleclass and those in poverty are struggling their asses off because of Democrats inflation and their ridiculous spending/
I can only speak anecdotally about inflation. Costs in my business since Joe Biden’s handlers took charge of the economy/money supply have increased roughly 25%, which means I now charge about 25% more than before. In a way I suppose I’m lucky because much of my clientele have @davidallen money and, up to this point at least, look upon inflation-induced price increases with the same sneer on their faces as @07pilt. OTOH clients in homes under 3000 square feet have almost totally dried up. And under 2000 square feet are completely off the board. But not to worry, the Biden economy is kicking ass! Just ask Pilt if you don’t believe me.

I can only speak anecdotally about inflation. Costs in my business since Joe Biden’s handlers took charge of the economy/money supply have increased roughly 25%, which means I now charge about 25% more than before. In a way I suppose I’m lucky because much of my clientele have @davidallen money and, up to this point at least, look upon inflation-induced price increases with the same sneer on their faces as @07pilt. OTOH clients in homes under 3000 square feet have almost totally dried up. And under 2000 square feet are completely off the board. But not to worry, the Biden economy is kicking ass! Just ask Pilt if you don’t believe me.
Houses that are under 1500 square feet are 300K to build in our area and that's a bare bones house with no upgrades. Add in taxes/insurance, minus a 20% down payment at 7% interest and the payment is around $2200 a month on a 30 year mortgage.. How many in the middleclass can handle that type of payment or down payment, especially those in the younger generations? Then look at what Democrat policies have done to food prices, up over 20% in less than 3 years. That's great on the middleclass if you want to destroy it. Only people doing well in this economy are the wealthy, corrupt politicians and of course Ukraine.

Personal income in February 2020 (in 2012 dollars) : $17,283 Billion
Personal income in June 2023 (in 2012 dollars) : $17,956 Billion

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Imagine how much they would be struggling if they got a recession instead a short period of inflation with equivalent increase in average income
LMAO there wouldn't be the threat of a recession or the massive inflation we've seen if Democrats hadn't shoved their BS policies down our throats. Taxes, federal, state, local are ridiculous, food prices are 20% higher, energy costs are thru the roof, auto prices both new and used are up dramatically, insurance premiums rising to unaffordable levels. Then look at housing costs, rents have increased several hundred dollars a month while the rise in interest rates have caused mortgage payments to rise 50%. All of this has taken place under the Biden Administration and as a direct result of his and the Democrats failed policies. But you know who isn't struggling and making bank? The wealthy and politically connected.

Not to mention polls, which I'm sure you and other Democrat voters would like to ignore, show the overwhelming majority of the American people think the economy sucks and the country is on the wrong track.

LMAO there wouldn't be the threat of a recession or the massive inflation we've seen if Democrats hadn't shoved their BS policies down our throats. Taxes, federal, state, local are ridiculous, food prices are 20% higher, energy costs are thru the roof, auto prices both new and used are up dramatically, insurance premiums rising to unaffordable levels. Then look at housing costs, rents have increased several hundred dollars a month while the rise in interest rates have caused mortgage payments to rise 50%. All of this has taken place under the Biden Administration and as a direct result of his and the Democrats failed policies. But you know who isn't struggling and making bank? The wealthy and politically connected.
Sorry but this is just uninformed generic bitching.

Unemployment rate Jan 2021: 6.3%
Unemployment rate July 2023: 3.5%

Hey still waiting on a source claiming a 20% inflation rate.
Not to mention polls, which I'm sure you and other Democrat voters would like to ignore, show the overwhelming majority of the American people think the economy sucks and the country is on the wrong track.
After reading this thread I am not very surprised to find out people who are personally doing quite well think the economy sucks. Proof is in the pudding.

Some idiots even think that inflation is 20%.

I know the government wouldn’t change anything to dope the figures.

So it’s all good.

Dan, that's the 2012 dollars part. That's inflation adjusted income.
I'm not disputing that, Pilt. But I think it would be helpful to see the inflation adjusted expenses people have experienced in relation to their inflation adjusted income. On top of that you have presented a completely innane data point. The country is comprised of millions of people, each with their own circumstances. It is immaterial to each individual what the overall data point says. It's the kind of data point that makes economists who rely on it look like voodoo doctors.

Wait hasn't your big gotcha on the economy the last few months been that tax receipts are down? Thank you Biden!
Yes tax receipts are down but that doesn't mean those of us that are paying taxes are paying less, it means more people are not paying taxes. The fact you can't put that together is not surprising.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Sorry but this is just uninformed generic bitching.

Unemployment rate Jan 2021: 6.3%
Unemployment rate July 2023: 3.5%

Hey still waiting on a source claiming a 20% inflation rate.

After reading this thread I am not very surprised to find out people who are personally doing quite well think the economy sucks. Proof is in the pudding.

Some idiots even think that inflation is 20%.
LMAO it's my personal expereince every time I go to the grocery store, get gas, write a check for taxes/insurance, talk with my kids and listen to my renters. You can listen to the corrupt biased MSM if you like, I'll take my personal expereince.
What morons like you don't seem to understand is people in our position in life control our income and continue to build wealth no matter the economic condition, it's people starting out or in the process of building wealth that are struggling as a direct result of Democrat policies. If property taxes, income tax or insurance go up, I raise rents to make up the difference. When gas prices go up the royalty checks go up. Stock market goes up, we make money. Stock market goes down, we make money. When the expenses of people in business go up they raise prices to make up the difference. How does that help the working man? Simple answer it doesn't but you can ignore it all if you like.

I'm not disputing that, Pilt. But I think it would be helpful to see the inflation adjusted expenses people have experienced in relation to their inflation adjusted income.
How do you define expenses vs spending? If I take my Biden windfall and buy luxury goods is that an expense or spending? If I buy a more more efficient water heater to save money on energy for ten years is that an expense or an investment?
On top of that you have presented a completely innane data point. The country is comprised of millions of people, each with their own circumstances. It is immaterial to each individual what the overall data point says. It's the kind of data point that makes economists who rely on it look like voodoo doctors.
In your opinion, Dan, what would be the best way to evaluate the individual circumstances?

How do you define expenses vs spending? If I take my Biden windfall and buy luxury goods is that an expense or spending? If I buy a more more efficient water heater to save money on energy for ten years is that an expense or an investment?

In your opinion, Dan, what would be the best way to evaluate the individual circumstances?
Simple, middleclass monthly income, minus monthly expenses. How do you think that works out?

LMAO it's my personal expereince every time I go to the grocery store, get gas, write a check for taxes/insurance, talk with my kids and listen to my renters.
20% is a pretty precise number for such sloppy data collection. How's your income over the same period?
You can listen to the corrupt biased MSM if you like, I'll take my personal expereince.
The final refuge or the kook. The inflation is 20% in my heart.
What morons like you don't seem to understand is people in our position in life control our income and continue to build wealth no matter the economic condition, it's people starting out or in the process of building wealth that are struggling as a direct result of Democrat policies.
Again, do you think people starting out would prefer a hot labor market or unemployment rates in the 6% range?
If property taxes, income tax or insurance go up, I raise rents to make up the difference.
When gas prices go up the royalty checks go up. Stock market goes up, we make money. Stock market goes down, we make money. When the expenses of people in business go up they raise prices to make up the difference. How does that help the working man? Simple answer it doesn't but you can ignore it all if you like.
The working man is the expense! All expenses end up as income either for labor or for capital. If you are unhappy with the portion that labor is taking home in proportion to capital, let me be the first to welcome you comrade!

You're trying to be too coy by half, Pilt. You know exactly what I mean. How much did people make? How much did they spend? Why, for example, did the nice portion of buyers of my product that came from working class folks dry up entirely after Bidenomics were introduced? They can no longer afford it. Why? They still want the product, but it is now out of their reach, when before Biden came into office it wasn't. The best way is for the individual to evaluate his or her circumstance. Your way is nothing more than a grift on how to extract money from people while telling them you will spend it better than them.

CPI

“Food and energy prices are exempt from this calculation because their prices can be too volatile or fluctuate wildly. Food and energy are staples, meaning demand for them doesn't change much even as prices rise.”

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Simple, middleclass monthly income, minus monthly expenses. How do you think that works out?
Unfortunately the latest data we have for median (I assume thats close enough to middle class) income is from 2021.

Best I can do is,
median weekly earnings in 1984 dollars Q42019: $362
median weekly earning in 1984 dollars Q22023: $365

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT