ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas policer officer that killed black man

Okie-dokes. Next question. How does the 10 year sentence, that is likely to be 5 years with parole, good behavior, etc. compare to a DUI/OWI that results in a fatal wreck? (assume no prior criminal record)

Texas is unique here again too in that they charge "intoxication manslaughter."

But yes, it is a second degree felony and a person would face 2 to 20 years.

Note @CowboyJD , second degree felony not murder in case you are still confused.

Because I obviously would pay the same level of attention or detail to work as I do as sitting on the couch as I do sitting around watching bad English reality tv, reading comic books, sipping whiskey and schooling you all at the same time. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the one “internet point” you’ve scored today.

lol

oh-you-mad-put-a-cape-on-now-you-super-24256573.png

I think the jury would have been a lot more sympathetic and likely would have been found innocent had she at least tried to save his life once she realized she was in the wrong apartment and he was dying. The 911 call when she kept saying she thought she was in her apartment and she’s in so much trouble she was just thinking about herself and not the man dying in front of her that she just shot “accidentally”. She had her first aid kit with her and was cpr trained, yet did nothing to try to save his life except rub his sternum. All the while she text her boyfriend twice in that time. I felt the shooting was a mistake, a really bad mistake, but I think everything that happened after that is why she deserved to serve at least some time. I’m not sure I would have been on board for 10 had I been on the jury, but who knows.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I think the jury would have been a lot more sympathetic and likely would have been found innocent had she at least tried to save his life once she realized she was in the wrong apartment and he was dying. The 911 call when she kept saying she thought she was in her apartment and she’s in so much trouble she was just thinking about herself and not the man dying in front of her that she just shot “accidentally”. She had her first aid kit with her and was cpr trained, yet did nothing to try to save his life except rub his sternum. All the while she text her boyfriend twice in that time. I felt the shooting was a mistake, a really bad mistake, but I think everything that happened after that is why she deserved to serve at least some time. I’m not sure I would have been on board for 10 had I been on the jury, but who knows.
Texting or talking with her married policeman boyfriend while trying to do CPR with one hand was not a good look for her. I did CPR on a man in a restaurant years ago and it takes more than one hand. The concentration required doesn't allow for outside influences. But, I hadn't just shot the man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT