ADVERTISEMENT

3 US Soldier Killed 25 to 34 Injured In Drone Attack By Iranian Proxies

The would be the empire-lusting NeoCons.
I don't get the anti American position of some people saying the US is guilty of building an empire. Where is the evidence of that? Sure we have countries that we have major influence over but in each and ever case they are free to govern as they choose.

Reactions: DavidHasselhoff
I don't get the anti American position of some people saying the US is guilty of building an empire. Where is the evidence of that? Sure we have countries that we have major influence over but in each and ever case they are free to govern as they choose.
So does every country.

bruh

stop with that lolz

evidence is all over the globe

bruh

stop with that lolz

evidence is all over the globe
Really, can you provide evidence to that? In my view having influence is much different than empire building. I see empire building as something like Russia is trying to do to Ukraine or what the Romans did back in their day.
Are Europe, Japan, South Korea, Iraq, Kuwait considered part of the American Empire? Trying to determine what is considered empire building and what isn't.

The Nevil Chamberlan argument or the Churchill. We are still trying to figure this out.
At that time the UK was under direct threat to be taken over by Germany. Nevil was way out in left field IMO with his position, how he could not comprehend the imminent and direct threat from Germany is really hard to understand.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Really, can you provide evidence to that? In my view having influence is much different than empire building. I see empire building as something like Russia is trying to do to Ukraine or what the Romans did back in their day.
Are Europe, Japan, South Korea, Iraq, Kuwait considered part of the American Empire? Trying to determine what is considered empire building and what isn't.
You're really a piece of work. Yes, Europe, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Guam, Pakistan, India, VietNam, Canada and many others are all part of the American empire. One thing the American Empire has made a concerted effort to do is militarily surround those countries, Russia and China, in particular, but now Iran has been identified which it sees as potential rivals for hegemony, although it is laughable to think Russia or Iran are in that position. Goodness, Boy, you see hobgoblins everywhere you look! Be afraid be very afraid!

Last edited:
At that time the UK was under direct threat to be taken over by Germany. Nevil was way out in left field IMO with his position, how he could not comprehend the imminent and direct threat from Germany is really hard to understand.
I'm not convinced that Iran is an imminent and direct threat. Give them nukes and I change to Churchill really quick.

You're really a piece of work. Yes, Europe, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Guam, Pakistan, India, VietNam, Canada and many others are all part of the American empire. One thing the American Empire has made a concerted effort to do is militarily surround those countries, Russia and China, in particular, but now Iran has been identified which it sees as potential rivals for hegemony, although it is laughable to think Russia or Iran are in that position. Goodness, Boy, you see hobgoblins everywhere you look! Be afraid be very afraid!

I always thought empire building was overthrowing governments and subjecting them to rule by the overthrowing country. I looked at Japan's effort during WWII, Rome's effort during the Roman Empire and Russia's rule over Communist countries as empire building.

i quote from your original statement

“each and ever case they are free to govern as they choose”

which is simply not the case

Reactions: Ponca Dan
I always thought empire building was overthrowing governments and subjecting them to rule by the overthrowing country. I looked at Japan's effort during WWII, Rome's effort during the Roman Empire and Russia's rule over Communist countries as empire building.
Ask the ousted and now imprisoned leader of Pakistan if he thinks he was overthrown. Ask the dude from Ukraine that the US chased to Russia and installed their own hand-picked man.

i quote from your original statement

“each and ever case they are free to govern as they choose”

which is simply not the case
European countries, Japan, South Korea Iraq and Kuwait are not free to govern how they choose?
I my mind reliance and influence isn't anywhere close to an empire dominating how things are governed like they are with Russia and were during the Roman Empire.

European countries, Japan, South Korea Iraq and Kuwait are not free to govern how they choose?
I my mind reliance and influence isn't anywhere close to an empire dominating how things are governed like they are with Russia and were during the Roman Empire.

we deposed sadam hussein via military conquest

so i disagree based on my previous quote

we deposed sadam hussein via military conquest

so i disagree based on my previous quote
Did we not help the Iraqis hold a secure election and if I were to be point out the obvious, one more secure than we have here in our country.
IMO taking out Saddam was the right thing to do for the Middle East, the World and the US. Our mistake was not taking him during Desert Storm and Obama pulling troops out before the Iraqi government was strong/stable enough to keep the radical Muslims at bay.

He did understand......when he signed the Munich agreement giving the Sudetenland, to Germany, he knew exactly what was doing.....in 1938, England was in no way ready for war. They had been hit hard by the great depression and had just started re-arming, they had the most powerful Navy in the world, but their army was nothing more than a police force scattered throughout their empire, and the RAF was very short of aircraft, the Spitfire didn't make its combat debut until may 1940, and there were very few. His only goal was to postpone war as long as possible. Even when hostilities did break out , they were far from ready......now, if England and France had gone into Western Germany while Germany was engaged with Poland, they probably could have gone straight to Berlin, every bit of German Armor was tied up in Poland. But, the English couldn't do it alone, and the French army was designed to be 100% defensive

Reactions: OKSTATE1
You're really a piece of work. Yes, Europe, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Guam, Pakistan, India, VietNam, Canada and many others are all part of the American empire. One thing the American Empire has made a concerted effort to do is militarily surround those countries, Russia and China, in particular, but now Iran has been identified which it sees as tential rivals for hegemony, although it is laughable to think Russia or Iran are in that position. Goodness, Boy, you see hobgoblins everywhere you look! Be afraid be very afraid!
Go back and look at what an Empire actually is......The closest we have to an empire are Puerto Rico and Guam, and a few other small islands that are not countries

political savvy and policy acumen can’t fill a thimble

at least your orange man bad and dangerous rhetoric didn’t get us servicemen killed
NOT INCLUDING Afghanistan, 20 US service members were killed in Combat while President Trump was in office

He did understand......when he signed the Munich agreement giving the Sudetenland, to Germany, he knew exactly what was doing.....in 1938, England was in no way ready for war. They had been hit hard by the great depression and had just started re-arming, they had the most powerful Navy in the world, but their army was nothing more than a police force scattered throughout their empire, and the RAF was very short of aircraft, the Spitfire didn't make its combat debut until may 1940, and there were very few. His only goal was to postpone war as long as possible. Even when hostilities did break out , they were far from ready......now, if England and France had gone into Western Germany while Germany was engaged with Poland, they probably could have gone straight to Berlin, every bit of German Armor was tied up in Poland. But, the English couldn't do it alone, and the French army was designed to be 100% defensive
Exactly why the idea of building an impenetrable wall as your main focus to defend your country from attack is not just a bad idea, it's sheer stupidity.

Exactly why the idea of building an impenetrable wall as your main focus to defend your country from attack is not just a bad idea, it's sheer stupidity.
They really had to, the birth rate in France went down drastically, to the point the future projections showed they would not have the manpower to compete with Germany as far as the size of their Army. so they adopted a defensive strategy

The first thing to happen to avert WW3 would be for the US to not bomb Iran. And yet you call for that very thing.
If WW3 occurs , it will be the western countries , plus probably India against Iran, Russia , China and North Korea. Showing that we are capable and willing to take out one of those countries will do more towards averting it than starting it. It would make the others think twice.

If WW3 occurs , it will be the western countries , plus probably India against Iran, Russia , China and North Korea. Showing that we are capable and willing to take out one of those countries will do more towards averting it than starting it. It would make the others think twice.
Hell ya starting to like UK and it took the political board. I say we should invade Russia. They are so weak right now and we go in get a labor force and then we can ruin China’s economy afterwards.

All these posts are about the response to the attack. Where's the questioning about our military in general? We let this drone through. We seem no longer capable of even tracking our equipment vs. the enemies? And (at least per the news this evening), we aren't sure where it was actually launched from. Maybe if we spent more time training on military preparedness instead of some DEI theme of the month topic, we'd have prevented this entirely.

LMAO. A border barrier to discourage and slow down people walking into our country illegally is common sense. Your scenario is pure insanity.
How is it the progressives put it?

ThAT’S DiFfereNT!

You’re a progressive now!

Context…such as soldiers die when a Dem is president it’s bad, but when a Republican is in office…

CoNTeXt
ThAt’S DiFfErENt

carry on
funny-gif-John-Wayne-movie-throwing-kid.gif

Reactions: N. Pappagiorgio
All Presidents have lost military members while they are President......its unfortunate, but it happens......Reagan had 241 killed in one terrorist attack......

All Presidents have lost military members while they are President......its unfortunate, but it happens......Reagan had 241 killed in one terrorist attack......
True. But Reagan then proceeded to declare a "War on Terror" then sent F-15s to bomb Libya in an immediate and significant response. So far all we've gotten from Biden is milquetoast. "Hold all those accountable at a time and in a manner of our choosing."

Responses matter and Biden's thus far has been lacking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT