ADVERTISEMENT

Covid baaaack??

ksupoke

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2013
Is it just me seems like Covid is really rearing it’s head in sports world right now both professional and collegiate levels. Seems like Lots of cancellations and schedule changes.

If you’re vaccinated why do you care? If you choose not to be vaccinated why do you care?
This

If you look at history, it usually tells you the future. Look at 1918. It took 2 years to run its course. Each time a variant appears, it means the virus is losing its strength.

Omicron should be celebrated as a light at the end of the tunnel, yet our fear mongering media scares the shit out of most of the population because the truth means less eyeballs to sell commercials.

Man, vaccinate or don’t is up to you. Just move on with the facts and live your lives.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if these players unions start raising hell about these Covid protocols. The vast majority of these guys seem to be asymptomatic and don’t want to be held out for extended periods in protocol or at all. Especially when they try to dock their pay for cancelled games.

Rarely agree with anything that comes out of LeBron’s mouth, but he was rightfully critical of the ridiculous NBA Covid protocol which is pretty similar to other leagues.

There’s 40 people with it in our hospital, that’s over 20 more than a few weeks ago. It never really went away though. Hopefully Omicron is much less severe than Delta was, bc it’s WAY more infectious.
The South African’s report a significantly lower hospitalization rate for the omicron variant (1.6%) vs. the delta variant (19%).
Less severe and more infectious is pretty typical for virus attenuation.

The numbers are going up like crazy in Europe and so are the hospitalizations. I am sure we will copy their patterns, but the vaccinated percentage is lower, here. Some of our states, here are already seeing full hospitals.

Then we hear the flu shot may not have been a great match for the flu strain that is here, great.

Reactions: O-State1974
It's not going away but it's weaker and easily treatable now. You're just going to have to decide if you're going to walk around with a mask like a total pussy the rest of your life or not.

Are they talking about treatments in MSM yet?

Reactions: MegaPoke
If you’re vaccinated why do you care? If you choose not to be vaccinated why do you care?

I am vaxxed with moderna. Had not gotten booster. Tested positive yesterday, went to urgent care after feeling like crap for three days with fever/chills, bad cough and extremely sore throat, can barely swallow especially first thing in the morning . I assumed strep as I still have taste and small.

did a home test last night for independent confirmation and it was positive as well.

I have no idea where I came in contact.

so yeah omicron I believe it’s spreading faster

There’s 40 people with it in our hospital, that’s over 20 more than a few weeks ago. It never really went away though. Hopefully Omicron is much less severe than Delta was, bc it’s WAY more infectious.

Yes we are a 200 bed hospital. The ER has been full since just before Thanksgiving. Some days are better than others. We have about 35-40 in house covid patients, and another 20 PUIs that have influenza pretty bad.

Is it as bad as January of this year? Well no, but I can tell you every one in the hospital is worn out. We have whole floors of either new grad nurses, or travel nurses.

We've lost about 130 rns in the last 5 months due to burn out, or they went to travel.

Yes we are a 200 bed hospital. The ER has been full since just before Thanksgiving. Some days are better than others. We have about 35-40 in house covid patients, and another 20 PUIs that have influenza pretty bad.

Is it as bad as January of this year? Well no, but I can tell you every one in the hospital is worn out. We have whole floors of either new grad nurses, or travel nurses.

We've lost about 130 rns in the last 5 months due to burn out, or they went to travel.

Talked w an OSU grad pulmonologist in KC today, he said the same....nursing staffs are depleted, worn out, exhausted.

Also said obesity is an epidemic in this country contributing significantly to the pandemic. This is nothing new, but the reality is clear.

Exactly. Hospitals do not have the staff to deal with a surge. People just do understand how bad it’s been this past almost two years in hospitals unless you’ve been there. I’m in the OR so it’s not as bad, but I see it and hear it every day. Dec 2020 we had 140 COVID pts, we don’t have the staff to cover half that now.

Reactions: docosu
Exactly. Hospitals do not have the staff to deal with a surge. People just do understand how bad it’s been this past almost two years in hospitals unless you’ve been there. I’m in the OR so it’s not as bad, but I see it and hear it every day. Dec 2020 we had 140 COVID pts, we don’t have the staff to cover half that now.
We need to increase our hospital support!

I am vaxxed with moderna. Had not gotten booster. Tested positive yesterday, went to urgent care after feeling like crap for three days with fever/chills, bad cough and extremely sore throat, can barely swallow especially first thing in the morning . I assumed strep as I still have taste and small.

did a home test last night for independent confirmation and it was positive as well.

I have no idea where I came in contact.

so yeah omicron I believe it’s spreading faster

I kind of doubt you got omicron. Delta is still the predominate strand here

Reactions: WestCoastPoke
Talked w an OSU grad pulmonologist in KC today, he said the same....nursing staffs are depleted, worn out, exhausted.

Also said obesity is an epidemic in this country contributing significantly to the pandemic. This is nothing new, but the reality is clear.

Nursing, Respiratory, Radiology, and Phlebotomists are all quitting in droves.

If I've learned anything (politically) during the pandemic, it's that people on both the far left and the far right have difficultly engaging their brains and using logic.

If this statement offends you even slightly, then you're part of the problem.

The most vocal on any subject these days are the extremist idiots on the far 5% left and far 5% right. Well maybe 10% left and 3% right…

Screamers who use social media to get attention.

Unfortunately our politicians are now largely from these 2 groups of morons.

Last edited:
The most vocal on any subject these days are the extremist idiots on the far 5% left and far 5% right. Well maybe 10% left and 3% right…

Screamers who use social media to get attention.

Unfortunately our politicians are now largely from these 2 groups of morons.
I don’t know if our politicians are from that segment or pander to them. I miss the days they were ignored and thought of as nuts

Covid fatigue, mask fatigue, vaccine fatigue, news cycle fatigue... it's all there. I agree with all of the other physicians on here. The hospitals could be in big trouble if we get too much more surge. 2.5% unemployment in Oklahoma and medical staff morale is at an all time low. I've seen several great nurses, respiratory therapists and lots of other medical workers call it quits after covid. In most cases, it's not lack of beds, it's lack of staff. We're back to the game of the ER shipping people all over the place or getting them shipped here. Covid may not infect you personally but it will effect you when you show up at Baptist in OKC or St. Francis in Tulsa with chest pain or a stroke and you end up in Enid. We've seen several of those. We have someone on the vent from Hereford Texas, wherever that is. I think the husband ended up in Amarillo.

I don't have any better answer than anybody else what to tell you to do personally. Vaccine or not to vaccinate? Everyone has to make their own decisions. Personally, I've had 3 shots. I've not had covid that I'm aware of. Stay away from sick people if you can. Wash your hands. If you think you're sick, get tested. If you get covid, quarantine. If you meet the emergency use authorization guidelines consider getting the monoclonal antibody infusion.

Covid sucks! I hope everyone stays safe and healthy and have a Merry Christmas!

That's right, stop testing so the virus will go away. It's right wing science.

There's also a lot of scientists saying the variance are coming from those who are vaccinated. Additionally, many of those same doctors said that we would be seeing what Israel was seeing in their skyrocketing cases with those who are vaccinated. They said look at Israel who is one of the most vaccinated countries in the world and that would be us in 8 to 12 weeks. Well here we are.

By the way, for all those who say the hospitals are full of the unvaccinated you need to look a little deeper. The CDC decided that if you just had the first shot or the second shot and it's less than 14 days or miss the booster by any number of days then you are considered unvaccinated. That seems very misleading when they have the ability to report the truly unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and fully vaccinated. If people don't see the agenda they're trying to push you need to start doing your own research. Don't listen to the mainstream media, check out what other countries and doctors around the world are saying.

Another good example is India. If you don't know what I'm talking about do some research. Here's a hint.

INDIA 2021 COVID-19 CASES
2,738,957 May 3rd
630,650 June 7th
291,789 July 5th
278,631 August 2nd
248,248 September 6th
139,572 October 4th
82,236 November 1st
57,255 December 6th
6,563 December 20th

Estimated India Population (4x US)
= 1,300,000,000

So ask yourself this question, why is a third world country like India doing so well? Why is America (where we have 10x better health care) doing so poorly? And just in case you're wondering, India has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the entire world.

USA 2021 COVID-19 CASES
291,508 May 3rd
99,426 June 7th
286,483 July 5th
741,875 August 2nd
1,020,839 September 6th
680,863 October 4th
508,969 November 1st
831,799 December 6th
1,409,973 December 20th

Estimated US Population
= 331,000,000

But he, knowing their thoughts, said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and a divided household falls.

Luke 11:17

Last edited:
Unvaxxed recovered covid patients are the most protected in the world.

I say that while also believing at risk patients should get vaxxed if they've never had covid. Delta can mess you up if you have health issues and take no measures once you get it (vitamin c, d, zinc, etc). No idea why our government isn't pushing vitamin c, d, zinc, etc like they do vaccines

Or it could be that MANY nurses, doctors, techs, etc did not want to get the vaccine and left their jobs because they were forced to leave. Somehow many people have forgetten that point. We supposedly have the worst pandemic in history that isn't more deadly than the average flu, but they're pushing out highly qualified health professionals. That makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Unvaxxed recovered covid patients are the most protected in the world.

I say that while also believing at risk patients should get vaxxed if they've never had covid. Delta can mess you up if you have health issues and take no measures once you get it (vitamin c, d, zinc, etc). No idea why our government isn't pushing vitamin c, d, zinc, etc like they do vaccines
$$$$

I’m not worried about getting the virus. I am worried about getting injured, or needing emerg ency care for some other reason, and not being able to get the care needed due to overwhelmed hospitals in the area. This would be less likely if more people were to get fully vaccinated.

Did you understand that getting the vaccine doesn't keep you from getting or spreading Covid-19, but that is what the media and some political leaders have been pushing.

Or we could all do what India did to defeat Covid-19 and take a real cheap drug called Ivermectin that's been available for over 30 years to humans. Additionally there's over 150 double blind studies that have been done showing its effectiveness, but no one's listening anymore because the vaccine is the only answer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT