ADVERTISEMENT

Consequence of Dem-Progressive entanglement and Cocoa Puffs

You can't handle that your party is more evil at this point in time...and trending in the wrong direction.

Detached from reality.

We can only do this if you address facts. You can't just make ad hominem attacks and act like a conservative when confronted with objective facts. Why is it okay for Trump to say those things, but a private business owner can't discretely ask a patron to leave?

DgofVxmXkAY8wmO.jpg

You can't handle that your party is more evil at this point in time...and trending in the wrong direction.

Detached from reality.

So the left’s lung cancer is more serious than the little old skin cancer in the MAGA crowd?

Even if as I a centrist concede or agree with that, aren’t they both cancers that should be addressed and treated?

Reactions: CBradSmith
So the left’s lung cancer is more serious than the little old skin cancer in the MAGA crowd?

Even if as I a centrist concede or agree with that, aren’t they both cancers that should be addressed and treated?

Obviously.

Reactions: CowboyJD
We can only do this if you address facts. You can't just make ad hominem attacks and act like a conservative when confronted with objective facts. Why is it okay for Trump to say those things, but a private business owner can't discretely ask a patron to leave?

Then stalk them?
Aren't you pro woman? No, no you're not.

Just own your bigoted positions. I'd respect that.

So I’ll ask you the same question you’ve been asking Sys et al. What are you personally doing to treat the cancer in your fellow MAGA-ers?

Genuinely curious.

I've answered that question from you before and in detail.

So I’ll ask you the same question you’ve been asking Sys et al. What are you personally doing to treat the cancer in your fellow MAGA-ers?

Genuinely curious.

It was in a response about my observations on the Main Board.

What wasn't included in my original response was offline conversations with people...via messages.

I respect honesty. Your bigotry is a separate issue.

Baby steps.

You need to come up here and get relaxed. If your fellow posters are right we're about to get liberated AF up here. Some weed and a pretty woman might smooth off your hate and eff'd up incel attitudes.

Just answered in more detail.

Where?

I’m sincerely not doing this just to harass you or play the contrarian. I’m honestly interested in your thoughts. I searched “Main Board” under your handle and saw one other post where you mostly said you see the cancer in MAGA as a fringe element and not much else.

On the fringe and predominantly in response to escalating rhetoric (and diminishing civility) on the left, certainly.

I see rare but growing instances of what I believe are mostly leftists acting out a "right" stereotype. This is mostly on the Main Board. However, it's certainly probable that some people on the fringe are feeling more emboldened or justified in their behavior and are speaking out. Where I have influence, I try to openly rebuke it.

Is this what you are talking about?

Because this mostly sounds like a dismissal of any cancer in the MAGA crowd that needs to be worried about or concerned with.

Where?

I’m sincerely not doing this just to harass you or play the contrarian. I’m honestly interested in your thoughts. I searched “Main Board” under your handle and saw one other post where you mostly said you see the cancer in MAGA as a fringe element and not much else.

Let me access from my laptop at home. I actually am happy to find it, but packing on my phone creating text, vs hunting something down is onerous.

Setting myself a reminder. Will ping you by 7pm.

Let me access from my laptop at home. I actually am happy to find it, but packing on my phone creating text, vs hunting something down is onerous.

Setting myself a reminder. Will ping you by 7pm.

Thanks.

I sincerely appreciate it.

From my perspective, there are big cancers in both the MAGA crowd and the progressive wing of Dems. The Dems cancers are probably more evident right now....because they lost and people get angry and vocal win they lose. I can only imagine how much more evident and vocal and vociferous the MAGA crowd would be if Hillary had won.

Is this what you are talking about?

Because this mostly sounds like a dismissal of any cancer in the MAGA crowd that needs to be worried about or concerned with.

Yes that's what I'm referring to. That's not a dismissal at all, as 2 sentences later I detail why it is probable that fringe right are in that subset of observations.

Thanks.

I sincerely appreciate it.

From my perspective, there are big cancers in both the MAGA crowd and the progressive wing of Dems. The Dems cancers are probably more evident right now....because they lost and people get angry and vocal win they lose. I can only imagine how much more evident and vocal and vociferous the MAGA crowd would be if Hillary had won.

I imagine largely Tea Party-ish, depending on her legislative agenda.

There are fundamental psychological differences between the 2 sides in the Big 5 and their subcategories, on average. Unless someone is pretty damn fringe (other issues), by their nature right leaners tend not to be extraordinarily animated.

Speaking large population averages.

Yes that's what I'm referring to. That's not a dismissal at all, as 2 sentences later I detail why it is probable that fringe right are in that subset of observations.

Sound like a dismissal or at least a diminishment to me.

MAGA cancer is just a fringe that are being emboldened by the acts of the cancer...which is becoming a core...of the left.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: davidallen
I imagine largely Tea Party-ish, depending on her legislative agenda.

There are fundamental psychological differences between the 2 sides in the Big 5 and their subcategories, on average. Unless someone is pretty damn fringe (other issues), by their nature right leaners tend not to be extraordinarily animated.

Speaking large population averages.

I imagine it would have been much more extreme than tea party-ish.

Sound like a dismissal or at least a diminishment to me.

MAGA cancer is just a fringe that are being emboldened by the acts of the cancer...which is becoming a core...of the left.

Just my opinion.

Ok, to your first statement. Dont know where to go from here re: that.

Im not following on your second statement.

I imagine it would have been much more extreme than tea party-ish.

We'll disagree on this.

I don't believe the psychological makeup is such that it would have been "much more."

There'd be complaining and rallies, but there's a fatalistic backdrop in the minds of most on the right that this is the inevitable march of civilization, and as such, most stick to what they have power to control, their own lives. (Which is empowered by larger than average locus of control)

Ok, to your first statement. Dont know where to go from here re: that.

Im not following on your second statement.

No where to go on the first statement necessarily. We’ve both expressed our opinion civilly and reasonably.

As to the second statement...when you say...

On the fringe and predominantly in response to escalating rhetoric (and diminishing civility) on the left, certainly.

I see rare but growing instances of what I believe are mostly leftists acting out a "right" stereotype. This is mostly on the Main Board. However, it's certainly probable that some people on the fringe are feeling more emboldened or justified in their behavior and are speaking out. Where I have influence, I try to openly rebuke it.

I received that transmission as an assertion that the MAGA cancer is largely just a fringe element and only/largely responding in a cancerous manner to the much larger and worse cancer at the core of the left. It seems to me you are contending that the majority/entirety of left is predominately cancer ridden now and what cancer there is in the MAGA crowd is mostly as a result of responding to the cancer ridden left.

I fully concede I may be misinterpreting and misunderstanding your position as to the relative seriousness and level of cancer within the two groups. If I am, I assure you it’s not intentionally.

We'll disagree on this.

I don't believe the psychological makeup is such that it would have been "much more."

There'd be complaining and rallies, but there's a fatalistic backdrop in the minds of most on the right that this is the inevitable march of civilization, and as such, most stick to what they have power to control, their own lives. (Which is empowered by larger than average locus of control)

Yeah, we’ll disagree on that.

Which is completely okey dokey.

No where to go on the first statement necessarily. We’ve both expressed our opinion civilly and reasonably.

I received that transmission as an assertion that the MAGA cancer is largely just a fringe element and only/largely responding in a cancerous manner to the much larger and worse cancer at the core of the left. It seems to me you are contending that the majority/entirety of left is predominately cancer ridden now and what cancer there is in the MAGA crowd is mostly as a result of responding to the cancer ridden left.

I fully concede I may be misinterpreting and misunderstanding your position as to the relative seriousness and level of cancer within the two groups.

I don't believe the average left leaner is cancerous. I created a thread over the weekend about how I believe there are 2 categories to the Left now, and that one needs to pretty much be squashed in how its choosing to operate. The Dave Rubins, Scott Adam's, Medic, etc represent the traditional left. Progressivism is the other category. 07Pilt is probably close to that, but the influence of that splinter doesn't behave as 07Pilt does here...those are the cancers that have, essentially, hijacked an entire political wing. It's why I rail on DavidAllen and Sys to wrestle back control (assuming they more align with Rubin, Adam's, etc)

The segmentation of the right is a little more ambiguous. To listen to the left, we're either racist, religious zealots, misguided, or George Will. I do think there's a younger generation of "right" that tend to be more socially liberal and fiscally conservative, and who largely can't stand the progressivism being pushed by the left. I think they, some of the youthful right, is undisciplined and haven't seasoned. As such, their juvenile character shows itself if you look. It's true they might not outgrow it, but many folks do.

Can follow up on this later...

I don't believe the average left leaner is cancerous. I created a thread over the weekend about how I believe there are 2 categories to the Left now, and that one needs to pretty much be squashed in how its choosing to operate. The Dave Rubins, Scott Adam's, Medic, etc represent the traditional left. Progressivism is the other category. 07Pilt is probably close to that, but the influence of that splinter doesn't behave as 07Pilt does here...those are the cancers that have, essentially, hijacked an entire political wing. It's why I rail on DavidAllen and Sys to wrestle back control (assuming they more align with Rubin, Adam's, etc)

The segmentation of the right is a little more ambiguous. To listen to the left, we're either racist, religious zealots, misguided, or George Will. I do think there's a younger generation of "right" that tend to be more socially liberal and fiscally conservative, and who largely can't stand the progressivism being pushed by the left. I think they, some of the youthful right, is undisciplined and haven't seasoned. As such, their juvenile character shows itself if you look. It's true they might not outgrow it, but many folks do.

Can follow up on this later...

You can if you want.

I’m satisfied with the exchange we have had though. I certainly feel like I understand your position more than I did before we started.

I fully concede I may be misinterpreting and misunderstanding your position as to the relative seriousness and level of cancer within the two groups. If I am, I assure you it’s not intentionally.

As you can deduce, even Progressivism is splintered, but determining who is who within that subset of the left is more difficult than determining traditional left from Progressive left.

As you can deduce, even Progressivism is splintered, but determining who is who within that subset of the left is more difficult than determining traditional left from Progressive left.

Agreed....thus the tendency by a portion of the less discriminating traditional right and MAGA subset of the right to lump them all together.

Well, that and it’s just easier for lazy people to pull out the really broad brush.:D

Agreed....thus the tendency by a portion of the less discriminating traditional right and MAGA sunset of the right to lump them all together.

Well, that and it’s just easier for lazy people to pull out the really broad brush.:D

I make it a point to champion Rubin, Adam's, and other traditional leftists as often as I can. I want a robust traditional Dem party.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT