ADVERTISEMENT

Congressman Steve Scalise shot

This is your problem. You think this is a event centered around guns.

The issue is that we all hate each other and can't be civil towards our fellow man.

I believe the US homicide rate has trended downward over the last two generations. Perhaps we've always had nuts and we should not give them as much power.

The shooter was apparently a member of the left wing group "Terminate the Republican Party" among others. Maybe it's time to step back from the hate and violence in politics? Heck....we have a widely funded play in NYC which depicts the assassination of the POTUS....and the libs rejoice about it. Sad commentary on where we are today. Both sides need to change.

The same play assassinated Obama, but it wasn't national news. This isn't new. Gabby Giffords? Roof? The abortion clinic shooter in CO?

You're right. The selective outrage on this board is a little much, though.

The shooter was apparently a member of the left wing group "Terminate the Republican Party" among others. Maybe it's time to step back from the hate and violence in politics? Heck....we have a widely funded play in NYC which depicts the assassination of the POTUS....and the libs rejoice about it. Sad commentary on where we are today. Both sides need to change.

...and many complained bitterly about companies yanking their sponsorships over it.

groups like antifa can riot virtually without consequence

Like this?

One of those acid attack plotters (a free man) is already getting seen at other events:

It's tough for the left to distance itself from violence when Obama met 42 times with a convicted felon who is on tape organizing violence:

CvJk_IjVUAUoewK

jan%2Band%2Brobert.jpg

Reactions: MegaPoke
The same play assassinated Obama, but it wasn't national news. This isn't new. Gabby Giffords? Roof? The abortion clinic shooter in CO?

Unhinged. Completely.

One of them is called "The road to hell is paved with Republicans." I wonder when the left is going to realize that vile shit isn't ever going to be a winning strategy.

It's the next two decades I'm worried about it we can't learn to respect each other.

Well that starts at home. If basic parenting is broken down, the two biggest remaining causes of this stuff are ignorance (bad public education) and giving morons the power of life and death. Both of those around here are being enabled by the conservative agenda.

Well that starts at home. If basic parenting is broken down, the two biggest remaining causes of this stuff are ignorance (bad public education) and giving morons the power of life and death. Both of those around here are being enabled by the conservative agenda.

Jesus Christ

One of them is called "The road to hell is paved with Republicans." I wonder when the left is going to realize that vile shit isn't ever going to be a winning strategy.

The right is x10 times worse. The right also has coarsened and cheapened public discourse. Hell you post pictures of the first lady with a cock photoshopped on her.

It also should be assumed that the top leadership doesn't use terms like "resistance" to imply a state of armed rebellion against an occupying force or dictator.

Reactions: Medic007
It also should be assumed that the top leadership doesn't use terms like "resistance" to imply a state of armed rebellion against an occupying force or dictator.

The right has done it for years, they just couldn't spell "resistance"

You REALLY want to cast stones about disrespecting a first lady? Really? For real? You?

Well maybe not. I've already apologized for all that and quit months ago. I shouldn't have retaliated but.... come on man,
target rich environment. And I haven't done it any more. He's still photoshopping the sausages though.

I've seen some smaller outfits do the play as Obama back in the day but nowhere have I seen a large scale production funded by a large company like the NYT involved in anything like this. If I'm incorrect please provide a link.

The right is x10 times worse. The right also has coarsened and cheapened public discourse. Hell you post pictures of the first lady with a cock photoshopped on her.
Uh huh. 10x worse as measured by your hysteria or what? The right has cheapened public discourse? That's rich coming from a partisan bootlicker that supports a political party whose members are doing everything they can to shut down opposing speech.

Man you're firing on none of your one cylinders today. I hope it gets better for you.

Go look at the left-winger's Facebook page before they take it down. His comments over the years reflect the talking points of the mainstream media pretty much to a T.

Reactions: NZ Poke
How surprising, arrogant smugness from the board's token partisan leftist who refuses to view any issue on any other basis than Team D vs. Team R.

That is your narrative not mine. Look at all the hateful, ad hominem attacks in these threads today. It is because I am right. I was so touched by Brad's apology and appeal to our better natures on the football board yesterday that I am not going to retaliate, or at least try not to, with the name-calling and personal attacks.

So bring me up to date. Is the shooter a Muslim? Ivy league Democrat?

So? You never qualified it as such. mainstream enough that Kathy griffin and her lawyer tried to point the finger at them. The point is artists aren't all of a sudden doing these things just because YOU haven't heard about it.

Isn't the point that these depictions of political violence are now being supported and at times funded by what we consider the mainstream? An act which in and of itself provides exposure to the same which heightens the risk of violence by political motivated followers.

Look at the spike in assassination of police officers after the BLM group began to call for their deaths as an example.

Reactions: CBradSmith
So? You never qualified it as such. mainstream enough that Kathy griffin and her lawyer tried to point the finger at them. The point is artists aren't all of a sudden doing these things just because YOU haven't heard about it.
Let me know the next time GWAR is hired to host CNN's New Year's Special or is hired as anyone's spokesperson.

When did anyone suggest that NO ARTIST has EVER done such a thing?

No Doubt. If the president didn't publicly offer to pay anyone's legal bills that beat up protesters that would be a good place to start.

“If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously,” Trump said. “Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise.”

Yeah that's exactly the same thing given the level of escalating violence Trump supporters were experiencing at the time of the (dumb) quote. I'm sure NZ has some links handy.

“If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously,” Trump said. “Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise.”

Yeah that's exactly the same thing given the level of escalating violence Trump supporters were experiencing at the time of the (dumb) quote. I'm sure NZ has some links handy.

HcTQnzJ.gif

And literally dozens of people have witnessed it.

Seriously though - an act like GWAR creates a different set of expectations than Kathy Griffin or a play in the park. And good for them for being consistent.

I know you are 47 now, but even you know that more than dozens of people attend GWAR shows on the regular. They have 387,939 likes on Facebook alone. Their videos have millions of views on YouTube. They have way more than dozens watch them annually at the GWAR B-Q festival in addition to any touring they do.

Just a few dozen people watching Obama get decapitated:

Reactions: MegaPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT