ADVERTISEMENT

Condolences

Can this be matched anywhere else?
Father of 7 NCAA Championships and Grandfather of 4 for 11; and f course Joe still has a chance to add to that as well as other grand and great grand children to come.

I think Rex Peery's dad would account for 9.

Being from New York and growing up just about an hour away from the city me and my family were ecstatic to find out the NCAA’s would be held at MSG in 2016. We bought tickets not expecting anything other than we had some decent seats for the tournament. Come to find out that Thursday not only were we in Oklahoma State’s section we were sitting with the Smith/Perry family. Mark sr was the first I noticed and I remember telling my father hey that’s mark and Chris Perry’s dad. He asked him just to confirm and Mr Perry graciously did. Such a legendary wrestling family I was a little surprised with how friendly and open they were with us. LeRoy sr told us just how they got into wrestling and about the family. I thought he was pretty energetic for man his age and while I’ve had the pleasure of meeting some legends in the sport at various camps and tournaments, to this day that weekend has to be my favorite as a wrestling fan thanks to the experience that they helped make it. My condolences to the family and thanks again for giving this fan a memory to never forget

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT