ADVERTISEMENT

Chance Marsteller just posted he is quiting wrestling and team.

mike tognetti

All-American
Jan 27, 2012
Posted it on his twitter acc., hope this young man gets his life in order, finish college, and has a great life.

Last edited:
Somebody told me they saw that as well, so I searched for his Twitter to see. He posted about not giving up because things are hard right before that. I'll wait and see about 5:40 posts. Also ran across an account of a guy who said he talked to coach and he told him both CM and Schafer were done for the year for violating team rules. That makes sense with the shirts being pulled and goes along with what Mike posted before.

His Twitter is sad to read this morning. Terrible that a young man can appear to be that conflicted.

It is a very sad post indeed. Saying that wrestling no longer needs me seems like he is saying that he has lost his place and his sense of importance. Saying that he will no longer suffer because of it (paraphrasing here) seems like he is saying he has been suffering for a while.
I am no psychiatrist but he does seem to be in a lot of pain.

I wish the best for him. He has given a lot to the sport.

We can only pray for him to be at peace with or without wrestling. As much as we all love the sport it is just that! He is a young man with a lot to offer in life. Rumor are there were a couple starters not following team rules. Regardless of the truth, I just hope he and anyone else will find their way. Life is too short for a young man to be so conflicted. I wish him the best!

It is a very sad post indeed. Saying that wrestling no longer needs me seems like he is saying that he has lost his place and his sense of importance. Saying that he will no longer suffer because of it (paraphrasing here) seems like he is saying he has been suffering for a while.
I am no psychiatrist but he does seem to be in a lot of pain.

I wish the best for him. He has given a lot to the sport.
This is sad but it is not like no one saw this coming. He can get his life together, start fresh and whether or not he comes back to wrestling is not important at this point. He apparently is at a crossroads and his next steps are much more important "moves" than those he makes on the mat. I wish him the very best for the future.

This is sad but it is not like no one saw this coming. He can get his life together, start fresh and whether or not he comes back to wrestling is not important at this point. He apparently is at a crossroads and his next steps are much more important "moves" than those he makes on the mat. I wish him the very best for the future.

That is sage advice right there. I hope Chance understands it & believes it's true.

He has had a very tough upbringing. Very tough. That doesn't excuse certain behaviors but certainly factors in to his ability to cope and handle adversity.

I hope for him he can get his life on the right track.

We should let him do his punishment, let him eat, and see what he can do at 184! Maybe being able to have calories will let him switch to beer and dominate at a higher weight! Adjust scholly accordingly.

According to John Chance has not quit the team but he is suspended along with Shaeffer but he is still a member of the team.

No. If Tognetti was telling you something, they'd be "copyrited".

Or copirighted.

Or kopywrighted.

Or cat.

All of which spell out the same thing correctly in his mind.

No. If Tognetti was telling you something, they'd be "copyrited".

Or copirighted.

Or kopywrighted.

Or cat.

All of which spell out the same thing correctly in his mind.

With Mike's apparent spelling difficulties maybe we should consider the possibility that his name is really tonighty or spaghetti or something along these lines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT