ADVERTISEMENT

CDC Admits Cloth Masks Were Always Political Theater

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

Have to laugh at all the mask Nazis, Democrats, big tech and the MSM that pushed this false BS on the American people. Bunch of liars who have absolutely no credibility left.

I remember that one lady in the grocery store that thought I was trying to kill her because I wasn't wearing a mask. My only response to her temper tantrum was "you voted for Biden didn't you" causing her to storm off in anger. Just had to chuckle to myself.

Sorry but I have to jump in here for a victory lap- been watching the mask debacle since I can remember Scumbag Cuomo say "anything is good just put cloth on the face". All about control. The people that bought into it is staggering

Have to laugh at all the mask Nazis, Democrats, big tech and the MSM that pushed this false BS on the American people. Bunch of liars who have absolutely no credibility left.

I remember that one lady in the grocery store that thought I was trying to kill her because I wasn't wearing a mask. My only response to her temper tantrum was "you voted for Biden didn't you" causing her to storm off in anger. Just had to chuckle to myself.
Makes sense. Now I’d like to know how effective those disposable blue paper masks are.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

yep....about right.

My liberal friends 18 months ago - "your putting mine and everyone I know lives at risk. Don't you care about keeping everyone safe?"

My liberal friend minutes ago - "well they are better then nothing."

Makes sense. Now I’d like to know how effective those disposable blue paper masks are.

Read the box.

I remember walking into Target at the beginning of this crap to buy masks.

I picked up a box and in big bold letters it stated “This mask does not protect against Covid.”

I tried another brand, same thing.

All the different brands had the same warning.

I started looking for cameras, half expecting Ashton Kutcher to pop out.

He didn’t.

I couldn’t make myself buy any masks though, just didn’t make any sense.

yep....about right.

My liberal friends 18 months ago - "your putting mine and everyone I know lives at risk. Don't you care about keeping everyone safe?"

My liberal friend minutes ago - "well they are better then nothing."

There is a bright side to it all. Now that the truth is being revealed we will be able to see people's reactions. Some will finally awaken from the leftist manipulation to start questioning government and its intentions while others will remain loyal to the cult. Those that remain in the cult will be easily identifiable and easily ignored.

Very effective at collecting wastes that turn into infection turn head down into the lungs causing MORE sickness. Very effective at shedding those micro fibers (asbestos like) again that head into the lungs.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Very effective at collecting wastes that turn into infection turn head down into the lungs causing MORE sickness. Very effective at shedding those micro fibers (asbestos like) again that head into the lungs.
Back in the hysteria days of the plague, I remember looking at all the gaps around these masks and their inability to contour to a face and thinking “This shit is stupid.”

I am sure there are some masks out there that do a very good job. I’ve just never seen one. What has been forced upon us never passed the common sense test from day one.

Just.... wow. So every now and then I actually go down the rabbit hole, and how this owly explanation sheet about masks was spun in OP's article (via a link) as "Yet the same CDC quietly admitted on Friday that the thin cloth masks the agency and its corporate media allies spent the last two years cheering actually “provide the least protection” against COVID-19."

They "admitted" that cloth masks provide... less protection than other masks. SUch a bombshell!!!!

And THEN OP turns it to "CDC admits cloth masks were always political theater."

Ya'll have to be the most alarmist, lyin', exaggeratin' morons out there to 1) buy into the federalist society's moronic spin, and 2) to actually read that link and look at it as some type of admission of something. Good lord, you poor dumb bastards.

What has been forced upon us never passed the common sense test from day one.
What, that masks help prevent spread of disease? Really? You know how long medical field has embraced this? You gonna go into an open heart surgery like, "Doc, don't worry about the masks, I know that they don't work."

Really?

What, that masks help prevent spread of disease? Really? You know how long medical field has embraced this? You gonna go into an open heart surgery like, "Doc, don't worry about the masks, I know that they don't work."

Really?

Great correlation.

Really?
Please read again. Effective masks are effective. Ineffective masks are ineffective. I remember not being allowed to enter a store, but hey, put on a piece of cloth that doesn’t work for shit and it’s “hey come on in, we are all in this together”.

And that, my man, is some really stupid shit.

Look at this picture of a random guy wearing a ”mask”. I don’t have to be a virologist to observe that this piece of shit* isn’t accomplishing much:

anthony-fauci-mask.jpg

* “Piece of shit” in this context is referring to the mask, not the random guy depicted wearing the mask.

Please read again. Effective masks are effective. Ineffective masks are ineffective. I remember not being allowed to enter a store, but hey, put on a piece of cloth that doesn’t work for shit and it’s “hey come on in, we are all in this together”.

And that, my man, is some really stupid shit.

So you really think 2 people in cloth masks = same transmission as 2 people without masks?

Look at this picture of a random guy wearing a ”mask”. I don’t have to be a virologist to observe that this piece of shit* isn’t accomplishing much:

anthony-fauci-mask.jpg

* “Piece of shit” in this context is referring to the mask, not the random guy depicted wearing the mask.
Why do surgeons wear masks then? Man they've worn masks for >100 years to reduce infection. GAUZE for a long while....

I've posted this before...

Procedure and cloth masks aren't to keep you from catching covid. There are N95 masks and PAPRs for that. The effectiveness of a mask comes from containing your own respiratory particles. We've known this for a long time. Surgeons and surgery crews don't wear masks in the OR to protect themselves, they wear masks to protect their patients.

Just.... wow. So every now and then I actually go down the rabbit hole, and how this owly explanation sheet about masks was spun in OP's article (via a link) as "Yet the same CDC quietly admitted on Friday that the thin cloth masks the agency and its corporate media allies spent the last two years cheering actually “provide the least protection” against COVID-19."

They "admitted" that cloth masks provide... less protection than other masks. SUch a bombshell!!!!

Ya'll have to be the most alarmist, lyin', exaggeratin' morons out there to 1) buy into the federalist society's moronic spin, and 2) to actually read that link and look at it as some type of admission of something. Good lord, you poor dumb bastards.
Just for the record if I ever meet you in person I won’t request that you wear a mask. Nor will I be wearing one.

So you really think 2 people in cloth masks = same transmission as 2 people without masks?
AND the people without masks get to breath oxygen NOT their own that collect in the masks and turn into infection which goes into the lungs.

Look up the main cause of death during the Spanish flu- it was from bacterial pneumonia- from the masks. Even Fauchi POS admitted this was the case- masks suck donkey balls

I know this is traumatic for you but it's ok to wake up late- better than not at all

Nice spin attempt but as usual you fail. Walk into any grocery store in one of the leftist utopias, you will see everyone with either a cloth mask or one of the other OTC masks. Not a word is said as long as someone is wearing one of the proven ineffective masks. There is your political theater. Better luck next time.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
I don't know how you watch that and say that even a one-layer cloth mask "doesn't do much."
OK. Let’s say the one layer cloth mask cuts down the virus-laden fog by 2/3. See the remaining 1/3 lingering in the air?

What happens to that? I suppose the moisture will evaporate while the particles are pushed around by HVAC wind currents. The microscopic virus particles will not. If a person sneezes out 10,000 virus particles and the mask catches some of that, you’re still left with thousands more that are still available to infect people, right?

It‘s relative. Unknowingly walking into an invisible sneeze fog with a single layer cloth mask on is nothing but a false sense of security, seems to me.

So check this out:

Effective masks really do accomplish something. Ineffective masks really don’t do much.

Even the bottom rung mask results in a noticeable reduction. I don't get your point. Is it that unless it's the very best protection it's not worthwhile? Assuming the "ineffective" mask is the one-layer (which I don't think anybody really uses) then it's a marked improvement.

I mean... I'd think even if you're getting infected, less viral load is better. Receiving 1/2 or 1/8 of a full dose is better, isn't it?

OK. Let’s say the one layer cloth mask cuts down the virus-laden fog by 2/3. See the remaining 1/3 lingering in the air?

What happens to that? I suppose the moisture will evaporate while the particles are pushed around by HVAC wind currents. The microscopic virus particles will not. If a person sneezes out 10,000 virus particles and the mask catches some of that, you’re still left with thousands more that are still available to infect people, right?

It‘s relative. Unknowingly walking into an invisible sneeze fog with a single layer cloth mask on is nothing but a false sense of security, seems to me.

Would you rather have 10,000 virus particles or 3,300 virus particles? What am I missing here?

Would you rather have 10,000 virus particles or 3,300 virus particles? What am I missing here?
If a person gets hit on the head 10,000 times with a baseball bat, he is just as dead as if he had gotten hit only 3,000 times.

If a person gets hit on the head 10,000 times with a baseball bat, he is just as dead as if he had gotten hit only 3,000 times.

True, but now you're employing a metaphor of getting hit in the head with a bat for taking on a viral load? Surely you can see how reducing the viral load is helpful (and unlike getting hit in the head 3,000 times with a Louisville Slugger.)

Reactions: ClintonDavidScott
True, but now you're employing a metaphor of getting hit in the head with a bat for taking on a viral load? Surely you can see how reducing the viral load is helpful (and unlike getting hit in the head 3,000 times with a Louisville Slugger.)
Well, how many virus particles does it take to become infected? And that’s a serious question, by the way.

If the answer is 10,000 (or something proportional to those contained in my hypothetical sneeze cloud), then I will cede the point. But just looking at the amount of particles suspended in the air after sneezing and coughing through that first cloth mask, I am skeptical of its reliability. And that’s my whole point. And yet, PUT ON THAT CLOTH MASK THAT SUCKS OR YOU CANT COME INSIDE.

Just seems silly to me.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
Well, how many virus particles does it take to become infected? And that’s a serious question, by the way.

If the answer is 10,000 (or something proportional to those contained in my hypothetical sneeze cloud), then I will cede the point. But just looking at the amount of particles suspended in the air after sneezing and coughing through that first cloth mask, I am skeptical of its reliability. And that’s my whole point. And yet, PUT ON THAT CLOTH MASK THAT SUCKS OR YOU CANT COME INSIDE.

Just seems silly to me.

And comparing viral load to shots in the head with a baseball bat is fvcking psycho

Just seems silly to me.
To estimate probability that a droplet would contain at least one virus particle, Basu used a study on the amount of virus in the sputum and mucus of COVID-19 patients and accounted for dehydration. He conservatively estimated about 300 virus particles as the threshold for infection. Typically, an inhaled viral infection requires 1,950 to 3,000 virus particles. "The fact that the number of virus particles needed to launch the infection is in the range of hundreds is very remarkable, and shows how contagious this particular virus is," Basu said.

Even the bottom rung mask results in a noticeable reduction. I don't get your point. Is it that unless it's the very best protection it's not worthwhile? Assuming the "ineffective" mask is the one-layer (which I don't think anybody really uses) then it's a marked improvement.

I mean... I'd think even if you're getting infected, less viral load is better. Receiving 1/2 or 1/8 of a full dose is better, isn't it?
Dude- move on- the jig is up. Or keep pounding it a you seem really sad the jig is up? The shots also- They don't work and are harmful- you're going to be sad to find that out also? It's called a big ole farce.

You’re an idiot
You forgot the lol.....lol

And I'm not the one walking around With fear diapers on my face hoss- I've been saying for nearly 2 years they're bunk- so I above most most feom this board would be one of the smartest - sorry. Keep pushing those cloth masks that do nothing but harm- if y'all would have listened to me all along It would have saved y'all some embarrassment - you look like idiots with those things on your face. And the shots are poison- don't listen to me on that one either till it's too late

When my daughter caught covid in 2020 the nurse explicitly said to quit using the cloth masks because they do not work and switch to the surgical. And the mask was for her to wear when out of her room. That was medical advice from well over a year ago.

We have KN95s for use in places that require it. If you are going to mask you might as well use the best available.

Before we got the KN95s I would use a dust mask under a cloth mask. I did this well before Fraudo said to triple mask. I did it after reading a Forbes article in April of 2020. The cloth was mostly for aesthetics as the filter mask was unsightly. The cloth also held the dust mask in place for a tighter seal. I know that worked because it left a indentation around my face. LOL. Now how good was the dust mask at filtering the virus? Who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT