ADVERTISEMENT

can we finally agree on 174?

NEcowboy

Redshirt
Dec 1, 2012
This is by no means a condemnation of Jordan Rogers or his talent, but in my opinion, Crutchmer should definitely be at 174 from here on out. I know he doesn't have the flair or technical prowess of Rogers, but the kid is a fighter and is in most every match he wrestles. Granted he was gassed last night against Eblen and needs to improve his stamina coming off an injury, but he just took the #6 guy in the country into overtime and probably should have won it in regulation had it not been for a stall call. Same story against Wilps at the SS...had him on the ropes, tweaked his ankle, and came up short. Both of them have plenty of room for improvement and by next year Rogers may have separated himself, but right now Crutchmer should be the man.

AGREED! Jordan Rogers is hard to explain. He has apparently lost all confidence in his abilities. I really like Jordan and Chandler and their parents. Great kids and Great parents and I will always believe that. It is just possible I guess that all of Jordan's pinning combinations were too much for his opponents in highschool and even on the national stage but they are obviously not working on good college wrestlers. Unfortunately, I do not agree with your last statement that by next year Jordan may have improved and separated himself He has had two years and it has not happened. It is possible surely but I have no confidence that it will. Kyle Crutchmer needs to get in shape. I know he is coming off an injury but he really has never been in shape enough in the 3rd period before the injury. Hopefully, he can work harder in the room and get into the type of shape it will take for him to be a factor.

Oberebo is right about Kyle, whatever the reason for Kyle not having the energy (not talking about last night match) to wrestle for 7 minutes needs to be corrected. If he isn't working hard enough in the room (putting extra time in on his on) or he gets to would up before a match, we need him. He has the talent, John needs to ride him like a pony for the rest of the season. Next year will be up to him and how he does this season on who will start at 174.

Agree with everyone here that Crutch has to be the guy.

This post was edited on 1/24 2:07 PM by osu2082

Crutchmer was on crutches, at the last home duel. My guess is it's pretty hard to work the lungs on crutches.

I'm more pessimistic than I've ever been about the program. We have a ton of bodies (and scholarship money) tied up in a small number of weights. I see consistent holes in the lineup for awhile, unless something changes.

I'm also tired of our guys being smaller than our competition. Sat on the floor for the Pitt match and it looked like every one of our kids, but Marsden, was wrestling up a weight.

We don't seem as tough as we've usually been either.

I know I'm ranting. Just disappointed.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Cowguy, in Oberebo and mine post we said it had nothing to do about last night dual on Kyle's lungs. He has had problems for awhile with wrestling a full 3.

i think KC is the go to[/I] guy over JR...different styles/different body types...
...both have had ample opportunities to prove themselves...what are the stats on their results?

it seems to me that JR has had his spirit broken several times.

how many OT matches for each? how many more than regular decisions have each lost?

John Smith has my full support. He knows more than any of us on this forum.

from a distant observer, my roster would be:

ek
gwh
dh
jk
ac
ad
kc
nb
lb
am

go Pokes !!!

Really solid win for Kyle and he created a takedown at the end of the third.
Image%2B%253D%2Bsmiley_with_thumbs_up%2B04.gif

Agreed. He seemed to manage his stamina better too and not wear himself out too early. He took advantage of his opportunities and was never really in danger of getting taken down. Made a huge difference in the dual too.

Lots of potential with him coming in and some of that seemed to stall and now maybe with added maturity and weight control that potential will begin to really shine. Looked VERY good this weekend and could have won both with less mat rust.

Kudos to him for staying committed and earning his shot. He is tough as nails and am excited to see his continued development this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT