ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 wrestling championships

Harleycowboy

All-American
Feb 23, 2006
Does anyone know about coverage of the Championships because I don't see coverage by Flo or ESPN+.

I went 17 consecutive years to the NCAA's, but OKC was my last one. I hope y'all enjoy setting the attendance record in the football stadium. The closest I'll come is Tulsa for the Big 12. I'm proud of how the Pokes have scrapped all season. The Hawks have one of their great teams, and we may be pretty close to them next season. I feel like the heartbeat of this team is all on the same page. Things could be pretty fun by this time next season, but I'm really fired up to see these guys at The BOK next week.

I’m ready for the Big XII too. Watching the NCAA on my big screen at home. Much better view than through binoculars. GO POKES !

Reactions: Pacemaker5
Yeah, I used to go with a family that I really enjoy and I would love to go again, and cover their tickets...probably owe them a decade of tickets?

But, the last time I went, I had terrible tickets. Different from when I went with the family. I still enjoyed it, but I don't think I'll go again if I can't secure the good tickets.

I went 17 consecutive years to the NCAA's, but OKC was my last one. I hope y'all enjoy setting the attendance record in the football stadium. The closest I'll come is Tulsa for the Big 12. I'm proud of how the Pokes have scrapped all season. The Hawks have one of their great teams, and we may be pretty close to them next season. I feel like the heartbeat of this team is all on the same page. Things could be pretty fun by this time next season, but I'm really fired up to see these guys at The BOK next week.
J Carl and Lee Roy will be on Fox telecasting the finals of the Big 12.

Nick, Boo and Travis should each finish first at their weights. After that, who has the best shots at 2nd, 3rd, etc.? Wyatt maybe for second, if he continues to wrestle well. Beyond that, I haven't a clue.

Nick, Boo and Travis should each finish first at their weights. After that, who has the best shots at 2nd, 3rd, etc.? Wyatt maybe for second, if he continues to wrestle well. Beyond that, I haven't a clue.

I think it depends on seeds. If Wyatt and Montalvo end up on the bottom of the bracket, they can make the finals. 133 will be interesting for Witcraft and the entire bracket as most have beaten and lost to others at that weight. We have a decent shot at getting 5 in the finals.

125 - Picc is the strong favorite to win.

133 - I think Reece has a chance to find himself in the semis.

141 - Hone should see Demas in the semis and then Blockus for third who he narrowly lost to earlier in the year.

149 - Boo is the strong favorite to win.

157 - Sheets should get the 3 seed and has a real chance to be a finalist with the way he is wrestling. I don’t see him beating Carr but a finalist appearance would be really good for him.

165 - Travis is a pretty solid favorite here as well. He is a FR and there are some solid experienced guys in his bracket but he is really wrestling well and with confidence.

174 - The hole here is to get to the semis and to wrestle for third but it’s hard to expect much at this point with Joe.

184 - I expect to see Taco as a finalist. He will either be the 2 or the 3 and think he pushes Lujan to the limit.

197 - Geer is another one you want to see in the semis. A top 3 finish is the goal.

285 - Winning a match would be a good thing here.

Obviously this means nothing once the wrestling starts but here is how Flo has it with their latest Big 12 rankings.

1. Good Guys- 121
2. Iowa State- 103.5
3. UNI- 99.5
4. Gooners- 76.5
5. SD State- 74.5

Obviously this means nothing once the wrestling starts but here is how Flo has it with their latest Big 12 rankings.

1. Good Guys- 121
2. Iowa State- 103.5
3. UNI- 99.5
4. Gooners- 76.5
5. SD State- 74.5
Here are the RPI, Big 12 Rankings and Flo national rankings for our wrestlers.
Pic RPI-2, Big 12-1, National-4
Witcraft 22,5,19
Hone 19,4,21
Boo 4,1,6
Sheets 10,3,11
Witlake 2,1,7
Joe NR,5,16
Montalvo 6.2.11
Geer 14,5,17
Harris 11 in Big12

Last edited:
Regarding oberebo post on Big 12 fi also telecast: Chad McKee and I will be handling it.

It looks like the tournament will be on ESPN+ until then finals and then only on Fox Sports Regional? If this is accurate, how can the conference essentially tell those outside of OK you can't watch the finals? Seems like a bad move for fans of teams outside of OK and those who live out of state.

It looks like the tournament will be on ESPN+ until then finals and then only on Fox Sports Regional? If this is accurate, how can the conference essentially tell those outside of OK you can't watch the finals? Seems like a bad move for fans of teams outside of OK and those who live out of state.
Yeah it’s terrible you can’t even watch out of state on the app.

Just jumped to a 12 point lead.

OSU - 34
UNI - 22
NDSU - 18.5
uo - 18
ISU - 17

Geer simply isnt a 197 lb wrestler...might not survive day 1 of NCAA's

Last edited:
Taco gets upset 3-2. In deep on several shots but the WYO kid incredible scrambling.

Rough finish to this session.

We ended Session 1 with 61 points, Track and the scoreboard in the arena show 60. Did we lose a team point somehow?

Picc into the finals with a 12-1 MD

Hone will go for 3rd with a close 3-1 loss to Demas (TD at buzzer).

Boo into the finals in a wild one. Gets the 3rd period fall!

Reece wins one at the buzzer over 5-3 over the number 1 seed to stay alive.

Sheets into the finals with a 14-5 MD.

Witlake into the finals with a 10-3 win over Cook.

Joe shows much better in a close loss to #1 Steiert 4-1 and will wrestle for 3rd.

Reactions: missionary
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT