ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12’s.

Sheets takes 9th with a major. I think we pass Iowa St. but close.
Wyatt has a shot at getting an at large bid now. He was #24 in the last coaches ranking and #26 in the last RPI. He probably drops in both, but the win over Fernandes might get him in.

Reactions: bwel9339
Penn State is an n=1
No one is consistently getting the guys they are getting and in high numbers.

Reactions: turfpoke
I'm still all in on VV. Love the kids motor, doesn't wrestle scared. Needs to dial in the focus and sticking with the game plan as he typically has a moment each match where he tries something that doesn't work or lets his guard down and gives us some stupid points. I do think age and experience will help. Skill his there, get the head game there and he's an AA.

Thought we've wrestled well this week and performed so much better than last year.

Had to fill quite a few holes in the lineup.

I'm still all in on VV. Love the kids motor, doesn't wrestle scared. Needs to dial in the focus and sticking with the game plan as he typically has a moment each match where he tries something that doesn't work or lets his guard down and gives us some stupid points. I do think age and experience will help. Skill his there, get the head game there and he's an AA.

Thought we've wrestled well this week and performed so much better than last year.

Had to fill quite a few holes in the lineup.
VV lost because he can’t finish his shots and gets countered bc his scrambling skills aren’t great. Moore didn’t take 1 shot on him and I don’t recall Mauller either. But I do like him and think he will improve to eventual AA

I agree but most high level show out by conference
Penn State has definitely set a higher bar for freshman over the past 10 years. And AJ and Gable Steveson, etc. I don’t think VV was at that level walking onto campus. My expectation is that guys are AAs by the end of their 2nd year. Like Plott, Chris Perry, John Smith, etc. anything above that and I’m ecstatic.

Is there any path to us winning tonight?
I don’t believe so. Champion gets 4 more placement and a fall is 2 bonus. 3 finalists all pin and we get 18 points. How many team points have we lost this tournament? Never mind. We have lost 2 team points. G for spiking his headgear and John during the same match.

True but I am trying to figure out like all others how we add number 35.PSU not going anywhere
NIL. Start paying for proven wrestlers. Only path I see at the current time. John is loyal to his wrestlers and to the sport, so I don’t see him going scorched earth on poaching and paying. Penn State has RBY that was ready to leave but came back. Dean was at Cornell. Kerkvliet was at 2 or 3 other schools. 2-3 million per year(possibly less, I’m not sure what the going rate is for stud wrestlers) and we’d be right back up to the top again.

NIL. Start paying for proven wrestlers. Only path I see at the current time. John is loyal to his wrestlers and to the sport, so I don’t see him going scorched earth on poaching and paying. Penn State has RBY that was ready to leave but came back. Dean was at Cornell. Kerkvliet was at 2 or 3 other schools. 2-3 million per year(possibly less, I’m not sure what the going rate is for stud wrestlers) and we’d be right back up to the top again.
I don’t want an ugly 35, I want an undisputed 35.

I know it grey area, but it’s doable!

John gets paid to win Titles if he isn’t willing to do that then time to retire. Nil is not going away and not against the rules and neither is having a Bad ass RTC. It’s been 17 years since last title.

He was clearly in danger and Plott was getting that TD one way or another. Mizzou crying like the little bitches they are. Still can't believe they have 6 in the finals. It would be nice if they went 0-6.

Need to NIL something for Keckeisen, would love to have someone like him at 184 next year. I've only watched Haas a few times but there'd have to be a big jump this offseason in ability for him to be better than what Wittlake provided this year.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
congrats to Dustin! He has frustrated me and others this year but tonight he wrestled like the guy I envisioned him to be in high school. Wrestle with fire and determination shown tonight and nationals could be fun.

Need to NIL something for Keckeisen, would love to have someone like him at 184 next year. I've only watched Haas a few times but there'd have to be a big jump this offseason in ability for him to be better than what Wittlake provided this year.
Hes dang good. Keeps coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT