ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12’s.

Best Case Scenario Today:

3 Conference Champs
4 3rd Place Finishes
However high Doucet can finish (5th?, 3rd?)

If that works out, let the chips fall where they may.

I have no idea about Carter’s injury other than Seth saying it looks bad. The Alvarez signing has taken on even greater importance.

Does anyone have a clue what G was doing during his last match? He looked like he'd lost his mind crawling around on the mat against a wrestler that never took a shot. It seemed to me that if he had just hustled and push that guy he could have had a few takedowns and if the guy had kept running out of bounds, several stall points.

Also, he lost a team point for slamming his head gear and I guess Smith lost on as well for something, I guess excessive arguing. I know the ref sucked but he was probably frustrated with G for not easily beating this guy.

Lastly, I thought he wrestled poorly in his previous match giving very little effort. An ISU fan a few seats from me made many comments about his stalling of which I could see her point.

Oh well, he's in the finals.

Reactions: bwel9339
Best Case Scenario Today:

3 Conference Champs
4 3rd Place Finishes
However high Doucet can finish (5th?, 3rd?)

If that works out, let the chips fall where they may.

I have no idea about Carter’s injury other than Seth saying it looks bad. The Alvarez signing has taken on even greater importance.
Didn’t see how injury happened. Early in match?

It was on a double leg TD right in the beginning of the match. You could hear an audible “pop” and Carter was in significant pain.

He was able to eventually put some weight on it which was a good sign but other than that it looked pretty bad.

What was the "Unsportsmanlike" conduct by the Wyoming wrestler. Biting?
I watched this match, it appeared as though Moore from OU (the bald one that head butts not the blonde one that couldn’t make a lineup at 2 previous schools that throws punches) put his arm in the other wrestlers mouth and shoved it in there to create teeth marks. The Wyoming wrestler tried to pull his head back away from it, if he were really biting him there would have been teeth marks on both sides of the arm.

I have no idea about Carter’s injury other than Seth saying it looks bad. The Alvarez signing has taken on even greater imimportance.
Did you see what Alirez did? Not saying its illegal or dirty but looked similar in affect on the knee to an illegal cut back but appeared he did it with his arm.

I watched this match, it appeared as though Moore from OU (the bald one that head butts not the blonde one that couldn’t make a lineup at 2 previous schools that throws punches) put his arm in the other wrestlers mouth and shoved it in there to create teeth marks. The Wyoming wrestler tried to pull his head back away from it, if he were really biting him there would have been teeth marks on both sides of the arm.
Moore did a crossface that got in the dudes mouth. I don’t agree with the DQ

Does anyone have a clue what G was doing during his last match? He looked like he'd lost his mind crawling around on the mat against a wrestler that never took a shot. It seemed to me that if he had just hustled and push that guy he could have had a few takedowns and if the guy had kept running out of bounds, several stall points.

Also, he lost a team point for slamming his head gear and I guess Smith lost on as well for something, I guess excessive arguing. I know the ref sucked but he was probably frustrated with G for not easily beating this guy.

Lastly, I thought he wrestled poorly in his previous match giving very little effort. An ISU fan a few seats from me made many comments about his stalling of which I could see her point.

Oh well, he's in the finals.
Announcers went over it a bunch - his opponent has a wicked double leg so it was a match long defensive strategy. I was surprised not to see double stalls though… his opponent took no shots and G crawled around a lot.

It’s actually what people complain about it in here - not scouting out the opponent. Well coaches and G did it in this match and it paid off.

It was on a double leg TD right in the beginning of the match. You could hear an audible “pop” and Carter was in significant pain.

He was able to eventually put some weight on it which was a good sign but other than that it looked pretty bad.
Looked like his knee got bent a way that it wasn't supposed to. As soon as Alvarez took him down Young started tapping his back saying "I'm injured." I wouldn't doubt it if it was an ACL or one of the other CL's from how much pain he was in and how little weight he could put on it.

I didn’t hear a pop on TV, so that can change my thoughts.

But, his knee was bent in normal range and didn’t straighten (extend) during the exchange.

In my experience (two ACL’s) it is next to impossible to tear an ACL with the knee bent.

I’m curious if it wasn’t meniscus?

But, his knee was bent in normal range and didn’t straighten (extend) during the exchange.

In my experience (two ACL’s) it is next to impossible to tear an ACL with the knee bent.

I was about 15-20 yards away and heard it. Don’t know but he was insignificant pain.

I was about 15-20 yards away and heard it. Don’t know but he was insignificant pain.
That was obvious.

I’m really just going off replay. I hope it is just something simple, but his reaction wasn’t promising.

Reactions: osu2082

Young came out on the mat and forfeited.

Moore never took a shot grabbed on the head for the entire first period, and laid on his stomach for 2 minutes in the 3rd.

The way Carter sprawled back with his foot rotated outside usually means MCL sprain. Very painful, rarely surgical. It has a blood supply unlike the others, but still takes a while to heal. I have zero inside info by the way so just an observation. If Sheets can AA with a ruptured ACL, perhaps Carter can will his way to the stand too!

Reactions: bwel9339 and JAY45
Witcraft wrestling smart and tough. He beat a lot of good wrestlers to get in to NCAAs. I wonder what shifted for him, he looked like a different guy out there.
Probably physiology. Weight management finally normalized, not walking around so sucked down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT