ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam

Hmmmm….I don’t think so. Especially if Demas wrestles (although I haven’t seen him this year).

But we do have some tough guys. Prata at 125, Thomas at 157, Mantanona at 174, and 197 Jake Woodley.

Granted you guys have talented wrestlers at those weights, and some are ranked higher. But I have to think we win at least one weight.

Who is your HWT?

Hmmmm….I don’t think so. Especially if Demas wrestles (although I haven’t seen him this year).

But we do have some tough guys. Prata at 125, Thomas at 157, Mantanona at 174, and 197 Jake Woodley.

Granted you guys have talented wrestlers at those weights, and some are ranked higher. But I have to think we win at least one weight.

Who is your HWT?
Surber. I would say Hiendselman should be the favorite but has dropped several matches this year. 141,149 and 157 should be highly contested matches.

I won’t say it can’t be done. But worse OU teams have won at least one match in Bedlam.

You are probably correct about 197, our guy is not very good. ;_;

Reactions: driad
Mantanona is no joke. Good test for Plott. 141-157 will be close matches. 125 is an opportunity for Mastro to build on the level-up he is showing glimmers of making. Hope to see AJ look like the NC he is and clearly dominate a top 10 guy in Woodley. Surber will get a good test rankings-wise; he hasn't beaten anybody ranked high so we don't know exactly where he falls but his opponent at OU is at a similar ranking so would love to see him separate here.

Reactions: DPJ
A shutout (or two) this year would probably be a preview of Bedlam for the foreseeable future (assuming they don't drop and we graciously allow them to continue to be pounded year after year). I've never agreed with the idea of our success having anything to do with OU’s status as a second rate wrestling “power”. Notwithstanding Micco’s class while posting on this board, I am more than satisfied with recent occurrences moving them toward the middle of their new football conference and wrestling as a whole.

Reactions: NCcowboy and tfpoke
Aj will kill WOODLEY if he wants to. Aj is that good he can decide when and what he wants to do on the Matt to win.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
A shutout (or two) this year would probably be a preview of Bedlam for the foreseeable future (assuming they don't drop and we graciously allow them to continue to be pounded year after year). I've never agreed with the idea of our success having anything to do with OU’s status as a second rate wrestling “power”. Notwithstanding Micco’s class while posting on this board, I am more than satisfied with recent occurrences moving them toward the middle of their new football conference and wrestling as a whole.

We're probably a bigger prize for in state recruits in wrestling. Just like OU is probably a bigger prize for in state recruits in football. Apart from that no, I also don't see how OSU's success in any sport would negatively affect OU's program in the same sport.

Reactions: gyppoke
Hmmm. Appreciate it. My guide (DIRECTV stream) shows K State at Wichita bball at 5 on ESPNU, but when I open the ESPN plus app it lists Bedlam wrestling at 5 on ESPNU.
I have Dish network & it says KSU vs. WSU basketball.

Yesterday’s football must still have me all messed up. Bedlam wrestling is next week. Sorry all.
A preview of OU in Bedlam did not look good for the Sooners at the Cliff Keen LV Open.
First, neither Anthony Madrigal at 133 nor Demas at 141 were not entered and they did not wrestle in previous duals. Injured?-do not know. OU finished in 11th place at the tournament and they were:
149-Mitch Moore 6th, 157 Justin Thomas 7th, 184 Darrien Roberts 5th and 197 Jake Woodley 4th. At 285 Josh Heindselman entered but DNP.
Team Scores: 1. Nebraska 125, 2. Ohio St. 104,3. Michigan 94.5, 4.(tie) Northwestern and Wyoming 91.5, 6. Purdue 85., 7 Cornell 81, 8. Oregon St. 74, 9. Princeton 63.5, 10. Cal Poly 60.5, 11. OU 57.5
Champions:
125 Pat Glory Princeton 133 Dylan Ragusin Michigan 141 Clay Carlson SDST pinned Alirez No Co.
149 Yanni D dec. Sammy Sasso 6-2, 157 Ryan Deakin Northwestern dec. Quincy Monday Princeton,
165 Evan Wick dec. Shane Griffith 6-2, 174 Mikey Labriola dec Evan Smith Ohio St. 7-5 SV. . 184 Kaleb Romero dec. Taylor Venz Nebr., 197 Stephen Buchanan Wy. dec. Eric Schultz Nebr. 7-3, 285 Gary Traub Or. St. inj. default over Slavokouski Harvard. NOTE : Heindselman lost to Traub in SV 3-1.

Reactions: tfpoke
Do we know if the ESPN+ subscription includes ESPN U? It's tricky to navigate these streaming services sometimes.
I have directv and espnu is part of my package. Espn+ is for streaming only

The gooners could be favorites at 141, 149, 157, 285. I don't think that they will win all four of those. It's bedlam so we need to be ready for a tough match. GO POKES !!!!!

This could be an extremely close dual.
125, 141, 149, 157, 174, HWT are close. 197 will be a NC vs a high level AA wrestler. 165 and 184 are matches OSU should roll, but this is Bedlam. 133 heavy favorite.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
There's a premium article on Rokfin by a guy I'm not familiar with (James Hackney). Very good breakdown. He's got it 25-9 Pokes.

If this is close we simply aren't a very good team. OU has looked pretty pedestrian IMO.

Reactions: dvpoke25
I read Demas will my make his first start this Sunday. Also 125 and 133 didn't go to Vegas. I look for a win in Norman but it may be closer than what a lot of people think.

Demas is listed at 141 or 149. OU needs Demas and Moore in the lineup to make this close, IMO.

According to the OU board, Demas wants to go 149 this year and the coaches want him @ 141.

Predictions for the Bedlam Match (No guarantees-just opinion)
125 Mastro dec. Prata team score3-0
133 Fix dec. Madrigal team score 6-0
141 Demas dec. Young team score 6-3
149 Moore pins Gfeller team score 6-9
157 Sheets dec. Thomas team score 9-9
165 Witlake MD over Troy Mantonona team score 13-9
174 Plott dec. Anthony lMantonona team score 16-9
184 Geer dec. Darien Roberts team score 19-9
197 Ferrari dec. Woodley team score 22-9
285 Heindselman dec. Surber team score 22-12
I hesitated about 149 but Moore is a pinner. If no pin it is slight favorite to Moore.

Predictions for the Bedlam Match (No guarantees-just opinion)
125 Mastro dec. Prata team score3-0
133 Fix dec. Madrigal team score 6-0
141 Demas dec. Young team score 6-3
149 Moore pins Gfeller team score 6-9
157 Sheets dec. Thomas team score 9-9
165 Witlake MD over Troy Mantonona team score 13-9
174 Plott dec. Anthony lMantonona team score 16-9
184 Geer dec. Darien Roberts team score 19-9
197 Ferrari dec. Woodley team score 22-9
285 Heindselman dec. Surber team score 22-12
I hesitated about 149 but Moore is a pinner. If no pin it is slight favorite to Moore.
Sounds bout right.

125: Mastro dec Prata
133:Fix MD Madrigal
141:Carter MD Butler
149: Demas dec G
157: Sheets Dec Thomas
165: Whittlake MD Grello
174: Plott MD Ant Man
184: Geer MD Roberts
197: Ferrari Dec Woodley
HWT: SUrber Dec Heindselman

Reactions: osu2082
Micco should be along shortly with his shutout prediction. :)
Speaking of Micco, he has season tickets for Sooner wrestling. I was going to stay home and watch on ESPNU but he offered me a ticket and since this may be the last Bedlam dual in Norman I have decided to go. He will be the uglier guy wearing crimson along with the distinquished (extinquished) guy with the Orange glow. He also told me that several bouts will be just introduced but not wrestled as OU has the better wrestler. We will see about that.

Speaking of Micco, he has season tickets for Sooner wrestling. I was going to stay home and watch on ESPNU but he offered me a ticket and since this may be the last Bedlam dual in Norman I have decided to go. He will be the uglier guy wearing crimson along with the distinquished (extinquished) guy with the Orange glow. He also told me that several bouts will be just introduced but not wrestled as OU has the better wrestler. We will see about that.
Shocking ... OU actually sold a season ticket this year?! ;)

I'm going to watch it on ESPNU. I will be looking for the two cone heads sitting next to each other. The good looking of the two will be Oberebo the other Micco!
Don't know if they will be easier to spot because will be the only two sitting in the season ticket section or because they will be the only two hobbling in together with orange & crimson walkers? ;)

Reactions: oberebo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT