ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam

Pretty easy double leg on fat boy. AJ would have whooped the piss out of him. I like the attitude of this team.

The whole match is up on ESPN. It’s around the 2:07 mark. AJ said something, OU kid shoved him, AJ pushed back then doubled him to the mat. Pretty sweet.

Reactions: osu2082
yep nice TD after the cheap shot during handshakes
Just watched the dual and obviously we dominated. G got a nice win but Demas has been out and just got back wrestling so I don't know about his conditioning. However G got a lot of confidence from this match and I really enjoyed watching G enjoy himself after the win. Sheets pulled out a big win over Thomas ( those 2 are very close in regards to talent). Wittlake got his typical solid win. Plott just seems to get a little better each match and had a solid win over a dangerous wrestler. Another typical Geer win. Just as in the past AJ has a solid win over the OU wrestler. Surber lost a very close match. He is going to struggle taking down much bigger heavy weights. He has to learn how to get the bigger guys off balance on the mat so he can use his speed to get around them. Mastro won a very close decision and I was hoping to see more separation in this match. Love what I saw with Daton tonight getting the pin before he got the tech( quick and explosive). Carter Young just kept shooting and finally started scoring and scoring with his takedowns. Good dual and OU seemed to have a good crowd. We whipped them and really didn't need the conflict in the end but stuff happens.

Last edited:
Roselli seems to be indifferent about getting pummeled.
Half of the matches the OU wrestlers pretty much quit. They aren’t in wrestling shape.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
It can’t be overstated how terrible Roseli has been. Forget the fact they arent anywhere close to competitive, there is zero fight up and down the roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
What would be nice is if somebody could post the box score.

No match thread, no results here or on the OSU official media...social or otherwise.

We wonder why we are just a touch under Sanderson and Iowa. We are trash at promoting!

Reactions: OSVICTOR

No match thread, no results here or on the OSU official media...social or otherwise.

We wonder why we are just a touch under Sanderson and Iowa. We are trash at promoting!
It’s the main story on Okstate.com and OSU posted play by play on social media all night.

wrestlestat.com

It was nationally televised. I’m sure there are updates on Twitter through OSU wrestling. No other school is getting information out there faster than Oklahoma State.

Last edited:

So much for my “shutout of OSU” prediction. 😀

Totally embarrassing showing for OU. So, so ready for Rosselli to go elsewhere. We’ve recruited well under him, but can anyone tell me which wrestlers are really better than when they started? Maybe Thomas, Woodley, and Madrigal. Everybody else looks worse. Demas has regressed, so has Mantanona. Roberts isn’t any better, and nobody looks like they’re hitting the weight room consistently (Heindselman). There’s no way the coaches can’t see how totally out of shape our kids are right now. Outside of Madrigal, and maybe Heindselman, everybody looked gassed early on, and some (Demas) could barely make it off the mat.

149 - Why put out Demas when you just KNOW he doesn’t have any level of shape right now? There’s no WAY Rosselli thought Demas could last in a three round match. I know he’s been injured. But don’t put him out if he’s not ready. Plus…I firmly believe Moore had a much better chance to beat Gfeller. Rosselli cost the team possible points.

157 - JT looked gassed at the end (familiar theme). I think Thomas can beat Sheets, but good on Wyatt for continuing to fight.

165 - Nice win for OSU, but oberebo and I both thought Wittlake was showing him to much respect. Travis could have taken him down at will.

174 - Mantanona has regressed. He’s not as good as he should be. He’ll either get a pin, or he better be up by 10 after two periods or he’s in trouble. No tank.

184 - I like Roberts. He’s not a great wrestler, but he tries. Dakota just had his way with him.

197 - Good match by Woodley, but AJ is just too good. I was hoping he could get a TD on AJ, but he’s just so tough on his feet.

HWT - Heindselman finished well. I like him.

125 - Nice even match. Prata can win that one next time. Mastro is tough defensively.

133 - Who could have seen this coming? 😀

141 - Butler is just outclassed here. Young is tough. Talking to a buddy of mine, it’s a possibility that OU bumped Demas to 149 so he wouldn’t get the (almost assured) loss to Carter. That would make sense.

Just so ready for the Rosselli experiment to be over. He’s been here five years now. OU is just not improving. They’re riding last year’s Co-Big 12 title for all it’s worth. Even though that translated into one of the worst NCAA showings in OU history a week later. He’s getting some top talent (Herrera-Rondon, Tate Picklo), but zilch improvement.

The whole match is up on ESPN. It’s around the 2:07 mark. AJ said something, OU kid shoved him, AJ pushed back then doubled him to the mat. Pretty sweet.
This incident made me think of the brawl during the ou/osu heavyweight match in Stillwater several years ago. Seems like the OU heavyweight was a guy named Kaukbrenner. And his brother charged onto the mat during the first part of the match. And the brawl was on from there. Any videos out there anywhere?

Totally embarrassing showing for OU. So, so ready for Rosselli to go elsewhere. We’ve recruited well under him, but can anyone tell me which wrestlers are really better than when they started? Maybe Thomas, Woodley, and Madrigal. Everybody else looks worse. Demas has regressed, so has Mantanona. Roberts isn’t any better, and nobody looks like they’re hitting the weight room consistently (Heindselman). There’s no way the coaches can’t see how totally out of shape our kids are right now. Outside of Madrigal, and maybe Heindselman, everybody looked gassed early on, and some (Demas) could barely make it off the mat.

149 - Why put out Demas when you just KNOW he doesn’t have any level of shape right now? There’s no WAY Rosselli thought Demas could last in a three round match. I know he’s been injured. But don’t put him out if he’s not ready. Plus…I firmly believe Moore had a much better chance to beat Gfeller. Rosselli cost the team possible points.

157 - JT looked gassed at the end (familiar theme). I think Thomas can beat Sheets, but good on Wyatt for continuing to fight.

165 - Nice win for OSU, but oberebo and I both thought Wittlake was showing him to much respect. Travis could have taken him down at will.

174 - Mantanona has regressed. He’s not as good as he should be. He’ll either get a pin, or he better be up by 10 after two periods or he’s in trouble. No tank.

184 - I like Roberts. He’s not a great wrestler, but he tries. Dakota just had his way with him.

197 - Good match by Woodley, but AJ is just too good. I was hoping he could get a TD on AJ, but he’s just so tough on his feet.

125 - Nice even match. Prata can win that one next time. Mastro is tough defensively.

141 - Butler is just outclassed here. Young is tough. Talking to a buddy of mine, it’s a possibility that OU bumped Demas to 149 so he wouldn’t get the (almost assured) loss to Carter. That would make sense.

Just so ready for the Rosselli experiment to be over. He’s been here five years now. OU is just not improving. They’re riding last year’s Co-Big 12 title for all it’s worth. Even though that translated into one of the worst NCAA showings in OU history a week later. He’s getting some top talent (Herrera-Rondon, Tate Picklo), but zilch improvement.
Man ... you aren't wrong at all but if Rosselli really didn't want to wrestle Demas at 141 because he might lose to a true freshman that tells you all you need to know about the development at OU right now. I know Demas has been hurt and Young has talent but that shouldn't be a match someone of Demas' level is scared of.

End of the day, you said it best, guys just aren't getting any better at OU right now.

Reactions: KILLEVIDENT
The incident at the end of the match should not have happened. In the video you can see A.J.'s mouth moving and then Heindselman pushes him. Do not know what AJ said but it wasn't "have a great day."
Luckily both coaches got it under control. I echo Micco's thoughts on OU's performance. It was pitiful.
John indicated we did not wrestle great but some of that was as a result of wrestling to the level of the competition. Great to see Gfeller show some real emotion and although Demas was coming off injury and out of shape, G showed what he can do in the future. I thought the crowd was good and glad I went. Micco almost got a T Shirt but an 8 year old kid in the row ahead pushed his hand out of the way and took it. All and All not a great day for Micco.

It’s the main story on Okstate.com and OSU posted play by play on social media all night.
I've got the ESPN app, I've got Flo and I was all over the faceyspace...nothing. I finally got it, but it was hours after the dual.

I've heard PSU and Iowa are both after Rosie. Ya'll need to lock him up to a lifetime contract before he leaves you in a lurch.

Man ... you aren't wrong at all but if Rosselli really didn't want to wrestle Demas at 141 because he might lose to a true freshman that tells you all you need to know about the development at OU right now. I know Demas has been hurt and Young has talent but that shouldn't be a match someone of Demas' level is scared of.

End of the day, you said it best, guys just aren't getting any better at OU right now.
Its been out there for some time that Demas didn't want to cut to 141, pretty doubtful he could have made it for this dual. I'd say this was good strategy on OU part, they were hoping Demas would throw G on his head (he did it to Kaid a few times) and pin him. If that were going to happen it would prob be first period so wouldn't have to worry about 3rd period shape. If it had worked then what a great way to start Bedlam with a pin. G was ready and think this matched showed that Demas doesn't belong at 149 he needs to make the cut.

Reactions: Air_Thurman

Be honest. They wrestled like a bunch of ole pusses.

Yeah….if you’re strategy is to get the first period fall to get the crowd involved for Bedlam, knowing your guy can’t go more than a three minute match and if it doesn’t work you’re going to look pathetically weak the rest of the match…go with Option B. Always.

G looked great. Love the fire. He was ready for all of Demas' moves. Think he needs the drive to prove himself in order to perform.
Sheets is solid. Not flashy, but gets it done. He's been working on his turning game his entire OSU career. Maybe this year he figures out how to consistently get those turns.
Travis had a little more fire this match. Hard to complain about a guy that does everything right.
Plott still isn't to the place where he's consistent, but again hard to complain about a guy that guts it out and wins the exchanges.
Geer looked like a man on a mission. Emphasis on the man. Glad his knee is made of rubber.
Expected a little more from AJ, but he executed and was never in danger. Good for him to get his hands on a top quality opponent.
Surber just got caught up in the headlock game and didn't try anything different. He'll improve, I bet.
Similar to AJ, I expected more from Mastro here but he got it done and wasn't threatened.
Daton is on another level this year. Bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter. Love the improvements in his mat wrestling, and love seeing him get those leg takedowns in addition to his stable of trips and go behinds. His body awareness has increased as well.
Carter is fast and smart. When he gets a little stronger, he'll truly be a force.

I don't get the Sooner hate. A couple of their guys seemed to give up, but I thought most of them stuck in there and wrestled hard (relatively speaking). Our lineup right now is on a roll and are just imposing themselves on their opponents'. Roselli though doesn't seem to have any emotion on the sidelines. Seems like there's a good happy medium between Roselli Chill and Brands Outrage. Mantanona's headgear grab was embarrassing but at least the officials were able to see it.

Was pleased to see the crowd, looked pretty good! We took the air out of that place quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT