ADVERTISEMENT

An Opinion Worth Contemplating

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
There’s a lot of truth in there.

IMO voting is part of a citizen's civic duty.

Though citizens of the United States are not required to vote, this is another of the important civic duty examples. Voting provides them with a way to participate in democracy. It offers people the chance to make their voices heard and shape the type of society they want. The outcomes of elections can impact the daily lives of citizens and jeopardize personal freedoms.

There’s a lot of truth in there.

Dan, could you point me to a Democratic leader who has called for the termination of the Constitution, which of course includes the right to free speech?

Thanks.

IMO voting is part of a citizen's civic duty.
I agree, however, not voting can also be part of a citizen's civic duty if that citizen believes that is how he/she best expresses their civic will.

I have no problem with @Ponca Dan choosing not to vote. Indeed, I hope he never votes again.🤣

Dan, could you point me to a Democratic leader who has called for the termination of the Constitution, which of course includes the right to free speech?

Thanks.
Democrats don't call for the termination of the Constitution, they circumvent it when it gets in their way and hide behind it when it can protect them.
As to Trump's call to terminate the Constitution IMO it was an extremely poorly worded comment. I don't think he was calling for terminating the Constitution, I think he was referring to the fact he thinks Democrats unprecedentedly violated voting laws and the Constitution does not allow for a remedy. Feel free to disagree as I know you will. Regardless it was a stupid comment and one he should have known would cause a huge uproar, especially from those on the left. It's dumb ass comments like this that caused him problems when he was President and allowed for Democrats and the MSM to created the negative narrative around him in the first place. For that and that alone he has singlehandedly disqualified himself from being a serious candidate for President IMO, even though I support many of his policies.

Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana

Thanks.
Sorry, I don't keep a list of names. But surely you'll agree that over the years progressives and Democrats have called for everything from "common sense gun control" to outright confiscation. And surely even you can see the relentless pursuit by progressives and Democrats to filter speech to its liking and in some cases saying only they should have free speech. It has spread throughout the society from universities where it originated.

Sorry, I don't keep a list of names.
So you can't point to one. Got it. Thanks.

We do know who did called for the termination of the Constitution though. Trump. Thomas DiLorenzo should wake up to reality and direct his criticism at Trump and those who support him. They represent the true threat to our freedoms and clearly desire a totalitarian state.

But surely you'll agree that over the years progressives and Democrats have called for everything from "common sense gun control" to outright confiscation.
Sure, but what does this have to do with freedom of speech? And what does this have to do with terminating the Constitution?

And surely even you can see the relentless pursuit by progressives and Democrats to filter speech to its liking and in some cases saying only they should have free speech. It has spread throughout the society from universities where it originated.
The right to freedom of speech in our country relates to government restrictions. It also is not an absolute right nor does it mean that all speech has to be accepted and approved by all Americans.

Democrats don't call for the termination of the Constitution
So you can't point to one either. Got it. Thanks.

Again, we all know though that Trump said this.

As to Trump's call to terminate the Constitution IMO it was an extremely poorly worded comment. I don't think he was calling for terminating the Constitution, I think he was referring to the fact he thinks Democrats unprecedentedly violated voting laws and the Constitution does not allow for a remedy.
Of course this is what you want to believe. If a Democrat made that comment though, you sure wouldn't believe this

Trump meant what he said. He has made it clear for some time now that he has no respect for the Constitution.

For that and that alone he has singlehandedly disqualified himself from being a serious candidate for President IMO
So you won't vote for him in the general election if he is the Republican nominee?

So you can't point to one either. Got it. Thanks.

Again, we all know though that Trump said this.

Of course this is what you want to believe. If a Democrat made that comment though, you sure wouldn't believe this

Trump meant what he said. He has made it clear for some time now that he has no respect for the Constitution.

So you won't vote for him in the general election if he is the Republican nominee?
What I can tell you is I will not vote for a single Democrat for any position and I will not vote for Trump in the Republican Primary. If Trump is the nominee in the General Election, I will gladly vote for him over any Democrat. IMO the current makeup of the Democrat Party is authoritarian and the greatest threat to freedom this country faces.

What I can tell you is I will not vote for a single Democrat for any position and I will not vote for Trump in the Republican Primary. If Trump is the nominee in the General Election, I will gladly vote for him over any Democrat. IMO the current makeup of the Democrat Party is authoritarian and the greatest threat to freedom this country faces.
What if it’s Trump vs. Romney in the primary?

So you can't point to one. Got it. Thanks.

We do know who did called for the termination of the Constitution though. Trump. Thomas DiLorenzo should wake up to reality and direct his criticism at Trump and those who support him. They represent the true threat to our freedoms and clearly desire a totalitarian state.

Sure, but what does this have to do with freedom of speech? And what does this have to do with terminating the Constitution?

The right to freedom of speech in our country relates to government restrictions. It also is not an absolute right nor does it mean that all speech has to be accepted and approved by all Americans.

Explain how everything Trump has ever said is literal and Joe is always open to interpretation.

• Haha
Reactions: Medic007
If Trump is the nominee in the General Election, I will gladly vote for him over any Democrat. IMO the current makeup of the Democrat Party is authoritarian and the greatest threat to freedom this country faces.
So then do you not really believe what you stated in your original post?

You stated that Trump "has singlehandedly disqualified himself from being a serious candidate for President IMO."

Are you now admitting you would vote for a disqualified candidate for President who called for the termination of the Constitution?

So then do you not really believe what you stated in your original post?

You stated that Trump "has singlehandedly disqualified himself from being a serious candidate for President IMO."

Are you now admitting you would vote for a disqualified candidate for President who called for the termination of the Constitution?
You might want to go back and read the post that has you in such a tizzy. Here let me provide the quote for you.

For that and that alone he has singlehandedly disqualified himself from being a serious candidate for President IMO

Explain how everything Trump has ever said is literal and Joe is always open to interpretation.
Explain why you need someone to interpret to you Trump 's call to terminate the Constitution.

How low will you go to defend Trump?

Yes, this is what you originally stated.

But are you now admitting you would vote in the general election for a disqualified candidate for President who called for the termination of the Constitution?

Yes, this is what you originally stated.

But are you now admitting you would vote in the general election for a disqualified candidate for President who called for the termination of the Constitution?
What does that tell you about the Democrat candidate? Hmmmmm not very bright are you?

What does that tell you about the Democrat candidate?
So that is a yes.

Wow, you would literally vote for a man who wants to terminate our Constitution and is a disqualified candidate. Please, never again try to claim on here that you support the Constitution and support protecting our rights. Because clearly you don't if you would vote for a man who calls for the termination of our Constitution.

You talk about opposing authoritarianism yet would vote for the guy who wants exactly that! 🙄

So that is a yes.

Wow, you would literally vote for a man who wants to terminate our Constitution and is a disqualified candidate. Please, never again try to claim on here that you support the Constitution and support protecting our rights. Because clearly you don't if you would vote for a man who calls for the termination of our Constitution.

You talk about opposing authoritarianism yet would vote for the guy who wants exactly that! 🙄
LOL you vote and defend Democrats, you have absolutely no room or credibility to lecture anyone, least of all me.

LOL you vote and defend Democrats, you have absolutely no room or credibility to lecture anyone, least of all me.
Again, point me to a Democratic leader who has called for the termination of the Constitution. You couldn't do this before. I'll give you another chance.

Again, point me to a Democratic leader who has called for the termination of the Constitution. You couldn't do this before. I'll give you another chance.
Why would I waste my time showing you all the unconstitional acts of Democrats? You think Democrats are never guilty of wrong doings. Look at the 2020 election, you can't even admit Democrats illegally changed voting laws even though it's been proven in court. You can't admit Roe v Wade was an erroneous ruling, you try to defend it. You avoid and ignore the governments role in censoring free speech, fully support Democrats weaponizing the Justice System and anything else Democrat do. You have been so thouroghly indoctrinated you refuse to view anything through an unbiased lens. You sir, are a political hack.

That is the best you could come up with?🤣🤣

Yeah, definitely time for you to move on. As usual, you laid an egg.

My mistake was thinking you were intelligent enough to see the ring in your nose.

My bad.

I should’ve known you couldn’t provide an answer.

Nobody has addressed it to give you something to repeat.

Why would I waste my time showing you all the unconstitional acts of Democrats? You think Democrats are never guilty of wrong doings. Look at the 2020 election, you can't even admit Democrats illegally changed voting laws even though it's been proven in court. You can't admit Roe v Wade was an erroneous ruling, you try to defend it. You avoid and ignore the governments role in censoring free speech, fully support Democrats weaponizing the Justice System and anything else Democrat do. You have been so thouroghly indoctrinated you refuse to view anything through an unbiased lens. You sir, are a political hack.
So, you can't point to one. Not one, after you were given two opportunities. Got it. Thanks.

Once again, never again try to claim on here that you support the Constitution and support protecting our rights. Because clearly you don't if you would vote for a man who calls for the termination of our Constitution.

You talk about opposing authoritarianism yet would vote for the guy who wants exactly that!

So, you can't point to one. Not one, after you were given two opportunities. Got it. Thanks.

Once again, never again try to claim on here that you support the Constitution and support protecting our rights. Because clearly you don't if you would vote for a man who calls for the termination of our Constitution.

You talk about opposing authoritarianism yet would vote for the guy who wants exactly that!
Oh you are right Democrats clearly respect and honor the Constitution at all times. Never at anytime would they ever consider anything unconstitutional, never mind their actions to the contrary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT