ADVERTISEMENT

Ahmund Arbery

Distort the truth?

A black man runs by a white man in white man's neighborhood and the white man thinks he is a criminal. White man, along with his white son, jump into a truck with GUNS to hunt down the black man. They then shoot and kill the black man, who was doing nothing but jogging down their street.

And you seriously try to argue with a straight face that this murder (and what followed) may have nothing to do with racism or white privilege? You claim those defending the victim in this case are really the ones who are "distorting the truth" and dividing our nation?? You are honestly more worried/outraged/concerned about "virtue signaling" than you are with what actually happened to this man and his family?

Unbelievable.:rolleyes:
Wow. Sad. Hopefully one day you won’t view things with so much of a racial lens.

So he committed a misdemeanor crime.

This is not a true statement at this point. As the article notes, the video "shows someone who appears to be Arbery walking around and inside a home construction site" and "Former Fulton prosecutor Manny Arora, who reviewed the video, said entry of a construction site is not necessarily a crime."

Also, I read somewhere that his family had said one of the reasons he was jogging/exercising in that community was because he was looking at some homes under construction. I'm trying to find that article so I can share it.

It still does not give yokels with guns the excuse to end his life.

I agree. Even if he did enter into a house under construction, for what ever reason, it doesn't give two white men the right to chase him down with guns and kill him. Same goes if he has a criminal record too, which I am sure will be thrown out there if he does have one.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
, it doesn't give two white men the right to chase him down with guns and kill him. Same goes if he has a criminal record too, which I am sure will be thrown out there if he does have one.
WTH?
It doesn’t give any two men the right to kill. Why are you so obsessed with race? I realize that black-on-black or white-on-white or black-on-white crime is much less meaningful to you, but why does it matter to you if two white men committed a crime? Does it make you less empathetic?

Reactions: TPOKE and AC_Exotic
WTH?
It doesn’t give any two men the right to kill. Why are you so obsessed with race?

I am just stating the facts. Why do you have such a problem with the facts here? Two white men with guns got in a truck, chased down a black man who was jogging in their neighborhood, and killed him. Those are the facts and for some reason, everytime it is mentioned, you freak out.

You strive to downplay the race factor in this horrible incident. I don't. I recognize it. I realize it was a major factor (those two white men wouldn't have chased down a white man jogging with guns). I deal with it. I confront it.

Maybe you should try confronting it in your own thinking . . . instead of trying to make excuses, deflect, and attack those of us who see this for what it truly is.

Last edited:
I am just stating the facts. Why do you have such a problem with the facts here? Two white men with guns got in a truck, chased down a black man who was jogging in their neighborhood, and killed him. Those are the facts and for some reason, everytime it is mentioned, you freak out.

You strive to downplay the race factor in this horrible incident. I don't. I recognize it. I realize it was a major factor (those two white men wouldn't have chased down a white man jogging with guns). I deal with it. I confront it.

Maybe you should try confronting it in your own thinking. Instead of trying to make excuses, deflect, and attack those of us who see this for what it truly is.
Please tell me why you know that race was a factor? Have you read something about the father and son that has not be presented in the media?

You state that two white men wouldn’t chase down a white man. Do I need to pull crime statistics for you? Do you not realize that a white person killing a white person is far, far, more prevalent that a white person killing a black person. Are you truly that blinded with your racial lens? Can you not look at someone for who they are and not their skin tone?

So, again, how do you know that race was a factor?

Reactions: windriverrange

My understanding is that the third person under investigation is the person who filmed the video we all have seen. Apparently, that person was called out to help the two white men, from what I have read so far. This of course could change pending further investigation.

I also believe an investigation needs to be conducted concerning what occurred on the day of the incident as it relates to arresting the defendants. The Glynn County police department is claiming it was prepared to make the arrests but was stopped by the DIstrict Attorney's office. The DA's office is claiming this is not true.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/georg...bery-shooting-glynn-county-spokesperson-says/

Please tell me why you know that race was a factor?

Because it is clear that race was a factor. You can talk out of your *** all you want, but you and I both know that had that been a white man jogging by, he would have not been chased down with guns and shot. You and I both know too that if two black men had chased down a white jogger and shot him, they would have been arrested at the scene immediately.

Now, you can play your games all you want. I don't care. Your refusal to see the racial factor at play in all of this says a lot about you.

Because it is clear that race was a factor. You can talk out of your *** all you want, but you and I both know that had that been a white man jogging by, he would have not been chased down with guns and shot. You and I both know too that if two black men had chased down a white jogger and shot him, they would have been arrested at the scene immediately.

Now, you can play your games all you want. I don't care. Your refusal to see the racial factor at play in all of this says a lot about you.
I am not refusing to see race as a factor. I am just wise and not racist to think that every, or even the majority, of inter-racial violence is due to racism.

Oddly, I don’t believe you think that way either. As you probably don’t know (or refuse to acknowledge), inter-racial violent crime the other way is statistically much higher. Do you think all of those crimes that “it is clear that race was a factor”?

If there is evidence that race is a factor, I am open to it. Were the dad and son members off a racist group, did they post racist stuff, have acquaintances said they talked bad about other races... what is the evidence?
You seem EXTREMELY sure that race was a factor.

My challenge to you - provide one just one item supporting your views? If you can’t, can you just admit that you are a race-baiter and struggle to see individuals as to who they are instead of just by racial identity?

This thread should/could be used in a college philosophy class, as an example of how collectivism has assumed control of the mindset people use to analyze incidents. It’s Republicans’ fault. No, blame is on the Democrats. It happened in a Red state, therefore all people that live in red states are guilty (ignoring the fact the young murder victim also lived in a red state). No, Blue states are even worse. Conservatives are at fault! No, liberals are a menace that want to destroy this country! Right wingers are violence prone, and other right wingers condone their violence! No, the left has violent extremists as well! White peoples did this! No, black people do it more than whites!

The correct cognitive conclusion to this particular incident is that the individuals that perpetrated the crime are solely responsible for what they did. INDIVIDUALS did it! It was not a crime carried out by a group. The murderers are individuals who carry the responsibility on their shoulders alone.

The missing ingredient in this entire thread is the concept of individualism. It has been so shuttered into the backs of our brains no one even thinks about it any more. We are all of us being duped by the concept of collectivism. As long as collectivism is the fall back position this country will sink deeper and deeper into the abyss that leads to tyranny. My opinion.

I am not refusing to see race as a factor. I am just wise and not racist to think that every, or even the majority, of inter-racial violence is due to racism.

Here is the thing cableok, I am not discussing inter-racial violence as a whole. Nor am I attempting to connect this incident to other incidents or deflect to other topics. I am simply discussing this one incident.

If there is evidence that race is a factor, I am open to it. Were the dad and son members off a racist group, did they post racist stuff, have acquaintances said they talked bad about other races... what is the evidence?

The evidence is right in front of your eyes! Again, if you can't see it, that is on you, not me. And you should consider why you can't see it . . . or don't want to see it. But I doubt you will, instead you will just attack me, call me names, etc. That is the easy out instead of having to confront your own presuppositions.

btw, they don't have to be members of a racist group or posted racist stuff. They may not even think they are racist or that race plays a factor in how they see the world! But their act revealed how they think. They jumped in a truck with guns and hunted down a black man because of how he looked. And a young man is now dead. Simply for jogging by a white man's house.

Horrible.

Here is the thing cableok, I am not discussing inter-racial violence as a whole. Nor am I attempting to connect this incident to other incidents or deflect to other topics. I am simply discussing this one incident.

The evidence is right in front of your eyes! Again, if you can't see it, that is on you, not me. And you should consider why you can't see it . . . or don't want to see it. But I doubt you will, instead you will just attack me, call me names, etc. That is the easy out instead of having to confront your own presuppositions.

btw, they don't have to be members of a racist group or posted racist stuff. They may not even think they are racist or that race plays a factor in how they see the world! But their act revealed how they think. They jumped in a truck with guns and hunted down a black man because of how he looked. And a young man is now dead. Simply for jogging by a white man's house.

Horrible.
Everyone agrees it is horrible. I haven’t seen one post defending the dad and son’s action. “Their act” did not reveal they are racist. Their act reveals they are violent and make very poor choices. Potentially because they were angry due to the robbery that happened at their home and others earlier in the year, and they let their anger control them. They should pay the price.

People, unfortunately, attack other people every day. But your bias is getting in your way. You continue to focus on race. Maybe you have racist beliefs that bother you and you believe everyone else must feel the same way, but that thinking is inaccurate.

“Their act” did not reveal they are racist.

Their act reveals how they perceive people, and the role that race plays in that perception.

You clearly want to remove race from this incident. Obviously because it makes you uncomfortable for some reason. Maybe because you are afraid to confront your own presuppositions and biases? Who knows.

Have fun trying to balance all that junk you are dealing with in your head right now. For many of us, we have no problem seeing this incident for what it is. Maybe one day, you will join us.

Their act reveals how they perceive people, and the role that race plays in that perception.

You clearly want to remove race from this incident. Obviously because it makes you uncomfortable for some reason. Maybe because you are afraid to confront your own presuppositions and biases? Who knows.

Have fun trying to balance all that junk you are dealing with in your head right now. For many of us, we have no problem seeing this incident for what it is. Maybe one day, you will join us.
LOL - I get it. It is tough for you and dealing with your bias.

“For many of us” - unfortunately, you are right about this. There are many people with deep racial and racist thoughts. Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Jessie Smollet, David Duke, Rob Parker, Ralph Northam, etc. Race-baiters and others that play the racial grievance industry. And social media has made it worse. Warping minds to divide and focusing attention away from real progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: brtinla
If I was an alien from out space trying to pick a winner in this debate I would probably just look at FBI crime statistics.

I would see the very low level of White on Black crime and conclude white people in general are not racist.

I would see the much higher black on white crime in violent crime statistics and conclude a significant portion of the black community hates white people.

I would conclude the black community hates each other even more than they hate whites.

I would conclude that black and brown people are at war with each other.

I would probably try to negotiate the Earth's surrender with the Asians, who would appear to me by far the most level headed, hard working, educated and peaceful group we could find.

This thread should/could be used in a college philosophy class, as an example of how collectivism has assumed control of the mindset people use to analyze incidents. It’s Republicans’ fault. No, blame is on the Democrats. It happened in a Red state, therefore all people that live in red states are guilty (ignoring the fact the young murder victim also lived in a red state). No, Blue states are even worse. Conservatives are at fault! No, liberals are a menace that want to destroy this country! Right wingers are violence prone, and other right wingers condone their violence! No, the left has violent extremists as well! White peoples did this! No, black people do it more than whites!

The correct cognitive conclusion to this particular incident is that the individuals that perpetrated the crime are solely responsible for what they did. INDIVIDUALS did it! It was not a crime carried out by a group. The murderers are individuals who carry the responsibility on their shoulders alone.

The missing ingredient in this entire thread is the concept of individualism. It has been so shuttered into the backs of our brains no one even thinks about it any more. We are all of us being duped by the concept of collectivism. As long as collectivism is the fall back position this country will sink deeper and deeper into the abyss that leads to tyranny. My opinion.
Individualism is one of the absolute worst "-isms" in the liberal/leftist mind. On the other hand, collectivism is their holy grail, so long as their the ones running the collective.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Individualism is one of the absolute worst "-isms" in the liberal/leftist mind. On the other hand, collectivism is their holy grail, so long as their the ones running the collective.
You have correctly identified the power of collectivism in leftist thought.

Now go back and reread this entire thread. I think you will notice the same collectivist thinking in the right-wingers’ comments.

Which is my point. The notion of collectivism has permeated every element of political discourse. And it is what will tear this country into pieces.

Looking less and less like murder, IMO. Looks like a confrontation that went terribly wrong.

Looking less and less like murder, IMO. Looks like a confrontation that went terribly wrong.

:rolleyes:

A confrontation? Two white men with guns, in a truck, chasing down a black man jogging. They may have even called a friend to help them. And then, they shoot and kill the black man.

Looking less like murder though, according to squeak. SMH!

To be convicted of murder, I believe, they would have to be proven to have intent to go out and murder him premeditated (sp?). i believe they will be convicted of at least manslaughter. If there are "lower" versions of murder, they could get that, but I don't know the different levels that are available to prosecute.

What will be more interesting is the investigation into the investigation. Kinda like what is going on the national level will also happen on a municipal level it appears. The 2 outcomes could be very different.

To be convicted of murder, I believe, they would have to be proven to have intent to go out and murder him premeditated (sp?). i believe they will be convicted of at least manslaughter.

They were arrested and charged with felony murder along with aggravated assault. Malice does not have to be proven to be found guilty of felony murder. To prove felony murder, it must be shown that the killing occurred during the commission of an underlying felony (here, aggravated assault).

Georgia Law O.C.G.A. §16-5-1(c):
A person commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he or she causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

A confrontation? Two white men with guns, in a truck, chasing down a black man jogging. They may have even called a friend to help them. And then, they shoot and kill the black man.

Original story - Young, innocent black man goes for nice jog. Two rednecks pull up and kill him for no reason but him being black.

New story - Man believed to be suspect in recent thefts chased down and confronted. Altercation ensues and suspect is shot.

I’m not disputing that these guys aren’t guilty of killing a man, but to paint the picture that he was hunted simply because he is black is just bullshit.

New story - Man believed to be suspect in recent thefts chased down and confronted.

This was always part of the story from the beginning. It was their excuse for hunting down the victim. There is nothing "new" about this.

This was always part of the story from the beginning. It was their excuse for hunting down the victim. There is nothing "new" about this.
It was alleged by the suspects in one article I read last week. Tape of of him at the location of the alleged crime is new.

At this point the only evidence that this has anything to do with race is that the shooter and person with him are white and the one shot and killed was black. I’m not saying race wasn’t a motivator, but we just need to pump the brakes on rushing to judgment.

Last edited:
It was alleged by the suspects in one article I read last week. Tape of of him at the location of the alleged crime is new.

At this point the only evidence that this has anything to do with race is that the shooter and person with him are white and the one shot and killed was black. I’m not saying race wasn’t a motivator, but we just need to pump the breaks on rushing to judgment.
Exactly right. Unfortunately, race-baiters have already pressed the gas to use this to divide America more and attempt to score political points with low-information voters.

It was alleged by the suspects in one article I read last week.

Their claim was always that he "looked like" a burglary suspect. The two white men told police afterwards they believed he was a suspect in a series of break-ins. What "series of break-ins" they are talking about is unknown since the last reported crime in that area was some seven weeks before, a burglary of a vehicle.

Tape of of him at the location of the alleged crime is new.

Are you claiming that the tape showing the victim looking into a house under construction is the alleged crime that the two white men knew about and chased the victim down over?

Their claim was always that he "looked like" a burglary suspect. The two white men told police afterwards they believed he was a suspect in a series of break-ins. What "series of break-ins" they are talking about is unknown since the last reported crime in that area was some seven weeks before, a burglary of a vehicle.

Are you claiming that the tape showing the victim looking into a house under construction is the alleged crime that the two white men knew about and chased the victim down over?
I’m not getting into a back and forth with you. It’s exhausting. Your mind is not open. I think my point is clear. There is more to the story than black man hunted and killed by rednecks.

Reactions: cableok
I think my point is clear.

No, your point was never clear. First, you claimed this was looking more like a confrontation and less like murder. Then you backed away from that, and claimed something was new that wasn't new at all. And finally you just fell back on claiming there is more to this story so you don't have to confront the racial factors at play.

No, your point was never clear. First, you claimed this was looking more like a confrontation and less like murder. Then you backed away from that, and claimed something was new that wasn't new at all. And finally you just fell back on claiming there is more to this story so you don't have to confront the racial factors at play.

I do agree with you on one thing though. It is best for you to do is just leave the conversation.:cool:
I suggest you take some classes on reading comprehension.

Reactions: Medic007

The institutions that looked the other way need scrutinized for racial bias imo. Inexplicable the shooters weren't arrested with that tape out. And the apparent public confidence the shooters had is inexplicable absent a race component or them just being wide-ass open outlaw psychos which they are not.

Reactions: my_2cents
The institutions that looked the other way need scrutinized for racial bias imo. Inexplicable the shooters weren't arrested with that tape out. And the apparent public confidence the shooters had is inexplicable absent a race component or them just being wide-ass open outlaw psychos which they are not.

Exactly!

Be nice to see a white conservative weigh in with some of their usual anger rrserved for this poor kid. These

shooters were republican nitwits. See the thread on maga terrorists, this should probably be included. What they did looks like old fashioned terrorism.

And people constantly nose into houses during construction to see what's happening, get ideas, look at it if they're interested in the area, investigate the builder, etc. Particularly if the house isn't sealed. Trying to blow that up is just nitpicking to find something.

It doesn't justify the actions of the two shooters, but the narrative that this is some innocent kid out jogging is losing its luster.

Reactions: squeak
Just read that Gregory McMichael investigated Ahmaud Arbery some years prior. Arbery received 5 years probation for bringing a gun to school and obstructing law enforcement.
And less than two years ago, Arbery was convicted of shoplifting while McMichael was an investigator. Unknown if McMichael knew about the shoplifting.

note: I read this on a May 7, 2020 article from Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Why haven’t we seen this information in other MSM articles?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT