ADVERTISEMENT

Abortion

Don't particularly like it as the threshold is met in many cases prior to a mother even knowing she's pregnant.

It should have always been a states rights issue. Good for them.

Many issues should be a states right issue. It would help Congress tremendously, they could concentrate on the nation as a whole, versus forcing laws down the throats of people that want them in some areas of the country and not in others. It would definitely decrease identity politics at a national level. If in Oklahoma we do not want men that identify as a women in a restroom that little girls use we should be able to say that.

It's the kind of legislation you get from a poor, mad, ignorant state. Bama's pretty much always been on the wrong side of everything. So guess who passes that law?

Thank goodness it wasn't Oklahoma with the embarrassing conservatives for a change.

Reactions: StillPoke
It's the kind of legislation you get from a poor, mad, ignorant state. Bama's pretty much always been on the wrong side of everything. So guess who passes that law?

Thank goodness it wasn't Oklahoma with the embarrassing conservatives for a change.
Well, Okie can't be #1 at everything...

Reactions: iasooner1

Or just Christians that believe children are a gift from god that begins at conception. Your description is more telling of the kind of person you are inside.

There is no snark here at all, how many of you have adopted children?

I was adopted, my wife had 2 children from a previous marriage and he never paid child support, was a jerk, etc... I knew that before I married my wife, so in all reality my wife and I raised the kids. I believed so much in adoption that I have always considered those step kids my own.

Americans adopt kids from overseas and I do not understand why we did not remove the stigma on adoption and make that a viable option. No one talks about adoption as part of the solution, it needs to be IMO.

As someone who was adopted, your parents is who cares for you and loves you. It is a very powerful statement to know your adoptive parents literally chose YOU, took you home and called you their own, as powerful IMO as being the biological parent.

Why do you ask?

Curiosity. I know a handful of vegans (small sample size) from when I worked at restaurants and they spent a large chunk of their lives helping animals, spending a lot of their income on animals, even if their decisions weren’t financially sound. Of course adopting a child isn’t the same as fostering dogs or horses or anything else, but I see some similarities as far as value placed on life and so again was just curious.

Curiosity. I know a handful of vegans (small sample size) from when I worked at restaurants and they spent a large chunk of their lives helping animals, spending a lot of their income on animals, even if their decisions weren’t financially sound. Of course adopting a child isn’t the same as fostering dogs or horses or anything else, but I see some similarities as far as value placed on life and so again was just curious.
This comment is insane. What the ****? Really that's the best you can do

Not really trying to compare adopting a dog to a child, but we did one time take in a dog that was hanging out in our neighborhood and he gravitated to us. He was the most loyal dog we ever had. My wife and I truly felt he really appreciated the fact we took him in. He was so excited when we got him a collar, he sat down and looked up and stretched his neck out, it was like he knew we were taking him in as part of our pack. It was like he understood the meaning of that collar. He never liked us to take his collar off, it was important to him. It is always hard to put a dog down, he got cancer and we had to put him down, I cried like a baby over that.

Everyone deserves at least one good loyal dog in their life, and hopefully more than one.

Are you on meds?
You post a crazy story trying to relate vegans loving animals to conservatives and adoption. That's after posting a really weird question about how many kids have you adopted if you're not a fan of abortion.

I get it. You don't believe in God so I understand how you don't care when women abort viable fetuses (babies).

There is no snark here at all, how many of you have adopted children?

I actually think this is a legit question.

I don’t have an opinion on abortion because I think it depends on if there is a god or not and if there is one, it’s his show what does he think? I don’t know the answer to those things. I know I’ve stuck my dick in women that I wouldn’t want to raise kids with, but having kids now I can’t imagine aborting a healthy fetus. Rape, incest and deformity are all areas I cannot force myself to come up with a rational answer.

So sorry for your loss, that is heartbreaking.

Thanks. It was a long time ago. Since then I have a beautiful brilliant daughter who is now a junior at OSU. But the experience ruined my objectivity regarding willful abortion.

10 years ago I also had an expensive and soul crushing experience with the divorce court industry in Tulsa County. Which every time abortion comes up, leads me to ask...

Why don’t we discuss men’s rights regarding abortion, custody battles etc?

You post a crazy story trying to relate vegans loving animals to conservatives and adoption. That's after posting a really weird question about how many kids have you adopted if you're not a fan of abortion.

I get it. You don't believe in God so I understand how you don't care when women abort viable fetuses (babies).

So, you’re not taking them?

I’m busy raising my own kids. If we hadn’t had our own, we would likely have adopted. We had our children later in life. I’m almost 57 now and the likelihood of me being a dad all over again with an adopted child is around zero.

Another question for the board might be “How many people here have had a pregnancy aborted or coughed up the money to have it done?”

I actually think this is a legit question.

I don’t have an opinion on abortion because I think it depends on if there is a god or not and if there is one, it’s his show what does he think? I don’t know the answer to those things. I know I’ve stuck my dick in women that I wouldn’t want to raise kids with, but having kids now I can’t imagine aborting a healthy fetus. Rape, incest and deformity are all areas I cannot force myself to come up with a rational answer.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that if a woman is raped and is impregnated, the state says she must carry that baby to term. If there is a higher power, like you say, God or whatever it may be will sort it out, but I don't see that as man's job to give it his best guess.

I think like a lot of arguments about laws, it is analogous to the 2nd amendment debate. That amendment is there to protect and embolden law abiding citizens, it's not to be restricted for the vast majority because of the vast minority who abuse it. People are going to get abortions regardless of what laws are passed, just like people are going to get their hands on guns even if bans/restrictions/etc... But, if a woman/couple/family needs to make the heartbreaking decision for one of the reasons you mentioned, I don't think the immoral actions of others should restrict them.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I’m busy raising my own kids. If we hadn’t had our own, we would likely have adopted. We had our children later in life. I’m almost 57 now and the likelihood of me being a dad all over again with an adopted child is around zero.

Another question for the board might be “How many people here have had a pregnancy aborted or coughed up the money to have it done?”

I'd assume the answer to your question would be very few. I don't think the posters on this board would be so hypocritical. Maybe the 4 lefties on this board would answer differently.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I'd assume the answer to your question would be very few. I don't think the posters on this board would be so hypocritical. Maybe the 4 lefties on this board would answer differently.

People change. I know people who have flipped their position on capital punishment over time. Someone could have an abortion at 17 and at 35, etc...say it was wrong and regret it.

I guess if someone has changed their views or had an abortion and later regret it? I am not going to call them hypocritical, but instead be happy they changed their views and hope they encourage others to do the same. Perhaps people that either experienced abortion or changed their views are best equipped to encourage others to do so.

I believe thru Jesus forgiveness is possible, so I would encourage forgiveness and learning.

People change. I know people who have flipped their position on capital punishment over time. Someone could have an abortion at 17 and at 35, etc...say it was wrong and regret it.

I guess if someone has changed their views or had an abortion and later regret it? I am not going to call them hypocritical, but instead be happy they changed their views and hope they encourage others to do the same. Perhaps people that either experienced abortion or changed their views are best equipped to encourage others to do so.

I believe thru Jesus forgiveness is possible, so I would encourage forgiveness and learning.
I believe life is a journey.
You evolve with time, your values change, hopefully for the better.
All we can expect of ourselves is the dying thought that, we did the best we could with the resources we had at our disposal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT