ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships Thread

watching this morning

so nice to hear real talk of DC and JB

instead of flowery dramatic tim johnson

big upgrade

Olejnik just picked Caliendo's ankle while Caliendo had Olejnik leg in a good position for the TD.

Reactions: bwel9339
TD Caliendo. Escape. TD Olejnik. RT to Caliendo. 9-8 DEC. Welp, Olejnik will wrestle for 5th.

They just said on espn that Wolsk from Columbia is transferring to VT to take Mekhi Lewis’ place next year.

We need 2 portal guys (at least) at 165-174 so Thompson can redshirt and give him more competition in the room.

5 seconds over. That's sucks for Olejnik. I think he would have had him in SV.
He got out with at least 1:30 left and didn’t take a real shot outside a couple throw by moves until 20-30 left. Get that TD a bit earlier and we are there. Sucks but good effort.

He got out with at least 1:30 left and didn’t take a real shot outside a couple throw by moves until 20-30 left. Get that TD a bit earlier and we are there. Sucks but good effort.
Caliendo could have also escaped and it would be the same score. It was a close match. His ankle pick while Caliendo had his leg was impressive.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Caliendo could have also escaped and it would be the same score. It was a close match. His ankle pick while Caliendo had his leg was impressive.
Ya, I mean you could play the what if game all day, but getting the takedown at the buzzer was clearly not a possible route to taking to OT is all I mean. And since we don't know the RT clock maybe 2 sec earlier and we don't have that discussion. Proud of what Izzy has done, just wish an earlier takedown could've given him a better chance.

I wonder if we could find a bag to pursue someone like Downey from UNI...not that Im not happy with Teague, but not sure what his ceiling is. 165

Same crap as Spratley; both got ridden too long and although both were/are better on their feet they got lax and were taken down. Still proud of 5/6 finish

I wonder if we could find a bag to pursue someone like Downey from UNI...not that Im not happy with Teague, but not sure what his ceiling is. 165
I would save our money for other weight classes like 165 and 174. Teague needs to hit the weights really hard and get bigger for next season - he'll be fine - he's a warrior. His weight class clears out a lot too.

Lee says Iowa is pushing Kennedy out.

He should be the #1 Target for 165.

The criteria for every OSU wrestler should be:

1. Ability to contend for B12 Championship
2. All-American at minimum at NCAAs

Olejnik should be the template moving forward.

Lee says Iowa is pushing Kennedy out.

He should be the #1 Target for 165.

The criteria for every OSU wrestler should be:

1. Ability to contend for B12 Championship
2. All-American at minimum at NCAAs

Olejnik should be the template moving forward.
To make room for Arnold?

Iowa has 3 portal transfers, Michigan has 3 portal transfers. PSU has 2 or 3 transfers. That are all currently ranked in the top 5. They all also have the funds to get these guys. I’m afraid we either don’t have the money or don’t want to spend it. In my personal opinion we are wasting a bit scholarship on BT.

Iowa has 3 portal transfers, Michigan has 3 portal transfers. PSU has 2 or 3 transfers. That are all currently ranked in the top 5. They all also have the funds to get these guys. I’m afraid we either don’t have the money or don’t want to spend it. In my personal opinion we are wasting a bit scholarship on BT.

Kasak a true freshmen for PSU at 149 just placed 3rd after getting beat in the first round. They currently have Van ness on RS. Ridiculous depth.
Go get ‘em!

We need portal at 157, 165 at a minimum. If you can get bailey at 133 go get him.

We have Sakamoto and Hughes both at 133 who I think Hughes can be an AA next year. I think we need to stick with Travis at 157, he just needs to get a little bigger for the weight. Definitely need 165 and 175. BT is not the answer and I have very little confidence that his ceiling is going to be much higher than what we got this year. Sometimes the ones you think are good just don’t work out and instead of having a project like BT and Doucet we need to just move on and find someone who can give us results.

We have Sakamoto and Hughes both at 133 who I think Hughes can be an AA next year. I think we need to stick with Travis at 157, he just needs to get a little bigger for the weight. Definitely need 165 and 175. BT is not the answer and I have very little confidence that his ceiling is going to be much higher than what we got this year. Sometimes the ones you think are good just don’t work out and instead of having a project like BT and Doucet we need to just move on and find someone who can give us results.
I’m not ready to give up on Thompson yet but yeah I hope he can redshirt next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT