ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships Thread

Refs took the match. Changed the entire complexity of the match after the first stall warning. Vito was stalling just as much but knew he could push it after the 2nd stall warning that should not have been f'n called on the non TD.

this

complexity of a high level match

here we are at 141 same shit as 33
yet no stalling

besides the ref getting reversed on two takedowns and a locked hands

I’d love to club the bastard in the head with a baseball bat then take the bat to his dad too. Actually I think I’d knock the piss out of dad 1st
I can't stand his dad either. But parents are hardly something you can blame kids for.

Reactions: driad
It’s not just Vito. How many legitimate shots did Fix take in his last three matches? Hard to win championships with little to no offense.

wtf does the last 3 matches have to do with tonight?

daton got his hand raised

then 41 puts it right in everyone’s face

mendez wrestles “strategic” lolz

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
That’s 100% of the problem. It’s not about being slow or cautious, but eventually you’re gonna have to go. And if after 6 years at OK State, that’s the best offense that John was able to get out of Fix (this whole tourney, really), that’s a shame.
I just watched Mendez come up with the big move to win the National Championship and we don't do that anymore. Vito not only seemed way quicker than Daton but seemed stronger also. Daton went for a high crotch, got stopped and then knocked back for the takedown. Daton never has made the big move at nationals. I feel sad for Daton but too many matches he doesn't wrestle. I hope Dustin makes the move but I don't have confidence because it has been so long since anything has gone real good for us.

wtf does the last 3 matches have to do with tonight?

daton got his hand raised

then 41 puts it right in everyone’s face

mendez wrestles “strategic” lolz
Because, like it or not, refs are going to judge a guy based on based performance. Mendez goes and goes and goes. Daton doesn't. So refs are gonna see stalling more in Daton's matches than in Mendez's matches. Does that make it right? No. But it's gonna happen.

Because, like it or not, refs are going to judge a guy based on based performance. Mendez goes and goes and goes. Daton doesn't. So refs are gonna see stalling more in Daton's matches than in Mendez's matches. Does that make it right? No. But it's gonna happen.

yea and i can list title match after title match that came down to a 3rd period takedown without the ref getting involved

let alone a ref who had 3calls overturned

Should call it on both guys. Neither of them is forcing the action.

it’s the national finals

ref did a great job staying the eff out of the match

unlike vito haines held center
no way he gets dinged for a stall

vito may have beaten daton the exact same way

That’s exactly how I saw that fox match going. He peaked 3 years ago and I don’t believe he will have any future success at the international level. He has completely shut down in every finals. Not 1 takedown in 4 finals. It was his last match, you go out and initiate some damn offense and either win or go down knowing you gave it everything. I did not see that tonight and I wasn’t expecting anything else. He had a terrific career and has been a great cowboy but I’m happy to see him go. Not a good look for Smith

Everytime they are long we talk about how weak they are.

We need guys who attack and attack some more.
I haven't heard anyone say it that Vito is weak. I agree about attacking and Dayton has lost because of it. The ISU wrestler is not tall but has long arms. He gave Dayton fits in Tulsa and KC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT