ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships Thread

CowboyMedic

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2009
Lets Go Start GIF

11 Central on ESPNU & All Mats on ESPN+

I've got the bundle, but its not letting me watch at work?

I can watch on my TV at home...

Do we know times for our guys?
They don't have "times" per se. Just the order on any given mat. If you have Twitter, the OSU Wrestling account does a pretty good job of keeping folks up to date on who's on deck and in the hole. This first session is chaos--8 mats all going at once with falls and tech falls and all sorts of stuff. It's sensory overload if you're in the arena. Fun sensory overload, mind you...but sensory overload, nonetheless.

Reactions: bwel9339
Spratley will be the first up on Mat 4. Pigtails will go first 125 through HWT then proceed to 125.

I did a horrible job of building my book of business. About 20% renews in the next two weeks. Hard to watch wrestling and basketball at the same time.

Sprately won but a little disappointing because there was zero real offense. Great job on top in the 2nd period though. Win and advance is the name of the game for us this year.

Reactions: bwel9339
Nice match from Spratley there. Wish he would’ve done more on his feet but I was impressed with him getting the back points.

Smith was not happy with Spratley, yelled something about “a major” at him as he came off the mat.
Yeah, one TD would have been a major. To win the NCAA's you have to get bonus points any chance you get.
Bonus points, bonus points, bonus points. That is how ISU beat us at the Big 12 & how PSU has been so dominate. If they get knocked to the wrestlebacks they just bonus point everyone.

Freshman, first match at the big show. Definitely some jitters. Spratley didn't look that bad, just couldn't get in on the legs. He had several attempts and was moving his feet. Don't forget that these guys have 2 weeks to prepare for their first round matches so I'm sure the Princeton kid was well prepared.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Big 12's 125 entrants were killed in the first round. I believe the UNCO wrestler beat Surtin and he and Troy are the only winners so far.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I hate the NCAA, why not move the wrestling championship to the weekend before March Madness starts? I hate that wrestling has to go up against basketball every year.

Is there a link to live updated brackets? TIA

Smith was not happy with Spratley, yelled something about “a major” at him as he came off the mat.

penn should have been called for stalling
kid never shot

but yea spratkey finished that last shot he gets a major

Jamison is on Mat 4

Jamison taken down

Escape and takedown

Escape 4 - 4; Jamison last second takedown; 7 - 4

Chooses down, being ridden hard :55 RT

Stall on top, full period ride; 1:50 RT

Gives up TD losing 8-7

escapes 8-8 but loses on RT. Totally sucks

Last edited: