ADVERTISEMENT

2023-2024 starting lineup

Ok, that makes sense. But there are others.
Michael Beard beat Surber in the first dual last November. He was an undergrad who had wrestled attached for PSU the previous February.

I believe Alvarez transferred outside the normal portal windows, which makes his situation different.

Do you know why Mirzo Khayitov is listed as ineligible in Trackwrestling?

b/c Blair doesn't know he's talking about.

Alvarez can't wrestle b/c this is his second transfer.

Good for Doucet.
No one from Paris down dominated him last year, guess we shouldn’t be too surprised.
The kid is determined

Reactions: DPJ
Good for Doucet.
No one from Paris down dominated him last year, guess we shouldn’t be too surprised.
The kid is determined
Hendrickson took it to him pretty good if memory serves. But yeah, you're point is well taken. He's no pushover. Wouldn't be surprised if he was an R12 guy this year if he holds down the HWT spot.

Unreal that we have fallen so far that we can’t find a better 157.
Jalin is a great kid
some notables were Doucet beating Carroll (4-1 I think), Harper beat Manibog, Olejunik and Williams matches were closer than
some notables were Doucet beating Carroll (4-1 I think), Harper beat Manibog, Olejunik and Williams matches were closer than expected.
Harper beat travis in finals at 157, thompson beat skidgel in finals at 174, plott took care of Jersey Robb at 184 and as u mentioned Doucett beat Carroll but i thought it was by 1 but not 100% on that.

Don’t mind Coach Smith being coy and close to the vest…that said, feeling a little less than encouraged after hearing this.

There have been a lot of solid individual pieces the last handful of years…just haven’t been able to fit them all together at the same time .

Reactions: Wrassler17
I should edit to say: what I find discouraging, it seems like there are some guys that should nail their spot down and end any debate. I understand where this team is…work in progress, developing, etc.

Weird to hear Carter’s name even mentioned, especially at a weight that seems 2 weights too big.

It’s a lot of years in a row of being patient!

I should edit to say: what I find discouraging, it seems like there are some guys that should nail their spot down and end any debate. I understand where this team is…work in progress, developing, etc.

Weird to hear Carter’s name even mentioned, especially at a weight that seems 2 weights too big.

It’s a lot of years in a row of being patient!
What r u talking about Carter weighs 162 right now where the hell anyone gets that he is a 33 is crazy he made that weight in high school and not once since That’s been 3 years

What r u talking about Carter weighs 162 right now where the hell anyone gets that he is a 33 is crazy he made that weight in high school and not once since That’s been 3 years
Crazy? He was slight against more than a few opponents last year at 141. Would agree 141 is likely his best weight. 149 seems more of a stretch than 133.

Gfeller 200+ —> 157. Much more than 162 —> 133

His strength is his speed and quickness.
His weakness is his physicality.

Reactions: osu2082

Carter is a guy who for international FS wants to grow and build into a 149 but appeared to be undersized and out horsed at 141 the past two seasons so it’s not crazy to have some concerns with hearing his name in the mix at 149.

Carter is a guy who for international FS wants to grow and build into a 149 but appeared to be undersized and out horsed at 141 the past two seasons so it’s not crazy to have some concerns with hearing his name in the mix at 149.
Looks nothing like he did the last two years

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Looks nothing like he did the last two years

That’s good to hear. He was on the sidelines for awhile. I know his family and the staff wanted him to grow into a higher weight but he just hadn’t been able to put on the needed weight and muscle.

If that has changed then great. Would be a nice and big change from last year where he was undersized and overpowered somewhat consistently.

It would be nice to hear from Coleman at one of these pressers. Or maybe the weekly radio show. Curious to get his take on things.

Reactions: JAY45
There was a couple of nice snippets in that interview but it seemed like he was mostly just babbling. I wouldn’t take too much from these as he’s said several things that have not met the eye.

I was happy to hear him say that he’s glad he finally “woke up” with the transfer portal when he was asked about Olejnik.

And I personally don’t think we see Carter Young wrestler this year let alone at 149. If he is really getting that big then either himself or Jordan Williams is going to have to bump to 157 bc that hole ain’t going anywhere anytime soon.

But but but.....Blair said not to worry because we are getting a BIG TIME transfer at 157 for this season
And I personally don’t think we see Carter Young wrestler this year let alone at 149. If he is really getting that big then either himself or Jordan Williams is going to have to bump to 157 bc that hole ain’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Young was bumped from 141 to 149 on the roster a few weeks back. Blankenship and a couple of others also went up a weight. It would be best to keep Young in redshirt 1st semester. It can always be pulled later.

Blair gets grief about the 157 transfer. But Chris Perry hinted at it also in an interview a few months ago. When asked about 157, he said the portal was closed, but not for grad students. Then he said Harper & Khayitov were also possibilities. Seems like maybe something was in play, but then fell through.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT