ADVERTISEMENT

2023-2024 starting lineup

Anthony is supposed to be eligible in January as well. Has to pass some juco classes. Hopefully he doesn’t shoot anyone’s dog in Iowa City
Iowa wrestlers specialize in shooting raccoons or themselves in the foot. The team is betting on him picking up the new trade.

A lot of time to get into trouble between now and then.

He will need to get eligible as well. Enrolling and being eligible are two different things.

He will have to be on the NCAA “track” to graduate and I don’t know that he has the hours needed.

Reactions: JAY45
He will need to get eligible as well. Enrolling and being eligible are two different things.

He will have to be on the NCAA “track” to graduate and I don’t know that he has the hours needed.
Don't forget about online classes. AJ should be ok eligibility wise

Reactions: skylinepoke
Don't forget about online classes. AJ should be ok eligibility wise

I’m just not super confident he has kept up with online classes and obtained credits. He has been all over the place but who knows.

It obviously didn't end well with AJ but he did bring you guys a NCAA champion which hadn't been done since Ringer and Dean 7 years ago

Reactions: AtownPoke
He had potential to go down as one of the all time greats to every come through this program. But he let his ego ruin it all.
The only issue I had with AJ was if he raped/assaulted a girl. If he was innocent of that, my opinion changes.

Reactions: tom_v31
So bottom line…. The Iowa dual will be electric with the Ferrari brothers most likely wrestling.
I honestly do not think it will be electric at all. Iowa easily beats OSU this season. If all of the Iowa wrestlers are back off of suspension and if the Ferrari's are in the line up, I would say OSU wins two matches. 133 and 184. If AJ is in the lineup for Iowa, I hope Surber knocks him off! When they were both in the wrestling room was Surber wrestling against him well?

I honestly do not think it will be electric at all. Iowa easily beats OSU this season. If all of the Iowa wrestlers are back off of suspension and if the Ferrari's are in the line up, I would say OSU wins two matches. 133 and 184. If AJ is in the lineup for Iowa, I hope Surber knocks him off! When they were both in the wrestling room was Surber wrestling against him well?
AJ will murder Surber

Rumor was Surber was giving him all he wanted.

Here is a GUESS as to what it will look like to start the season. Emphasis on GUESS…

125: Spratley
133: Fix
141: Alvarez OR Jamison
149: Williams
157: Harper OR Manibog
165: Olenjik
174: Thompson
184: Plott
197: Surber
285: Doucet

For whatever reason, Mirzo Khayito is not on the Roster.
Flow has new Division 1 ratings. They are: 125 Spratley=26th, 133 Fix=2nd, 141 Alvarez=23rd, 149 Williams=not in top 33, 157 not rated, 165 Olejnik=6th, 174 Thompson= not rated, 184 Plott=4th, 197 Surber=10th and HWT Doucette= 23rd. We need a lot of our guys to jump up in the rankings ( Sprately, Alvarez, Williams, Thompson.).

Flow has new Division 1 ratings. They are: 125 Spratley=26th, 133 Fix=2nd, 141 Alvarez=23rd, 149 Williams=not in top 33, 157 not rated, 165 Olejnik=6th, 174 Thompson= not rated, 184 Plott=4th, 197 Surber=10th and HWT Doucette= 23rd. We need a lot of our guys to jump up in the rankings ( Sprately, Alvarez, Williams, Thompson.).
Flow had a tape on top redshirt freshmen. Christian mentioned 14 and the last group was called flip a coin if they are going to be real good. None of our redshirt freshmen had results good enough to be mentioned ( that included college matches or freestyle results). The only 1 I thought might be mentioned who wrestled for Oklahoma State last year was Jordan Williams. He wasn't and when I think about it I can't think of any significant wins so I can't complain much. The Minnesota redshirt freshmen I don't know much about them although Sprately took 2nd at 20 and unders so he might have had a good win or 2. I think Lee thinks Jordan is going to wrestle 149 and be an All American. I hope Lee is right but he would have to jump a whole level since I last saw him in freestyle because he did not look like an All American in the last 12 months. Williams jumping a level and being a top wrestler would be big for us.

Flow had a tape on top redshirt freshmen. Christian mentioned 14 and the last group was called flip a coin if they are going to be real good. None of our redshirt freshmen had results good enough to be mentioned ( that included college matches or freestyle results). The only 1 I thought might be mentioned who wrestled for Oklahoma State last year was Jordan Williams. He wasn't and when I think about it I can't think of any significant wins so I can't complain much. The Minnesota redshirt freshmen I don't know much about them although Sprately took 2nd at 20 and unders so he might have had a good win or 2. I think Lee thinks Jordan is going to wrestle 149 and be an All American. I hope Lee is right but he would have to jump a whole level since I last saw him in freestyle because he did not look like an All American in the last 12 months. Williams jumping a level and being a top wrestler would be big for us.
Williams was 3-6 against D1 competition last season, so the rankers are obviously going to be down on him. Everyone knows the talent level, hopefully it starts to click for him this year.

Reactions: Harleycowboy
Harley, Willie has a similar article on Rokfin about new lineup guys. He acknowledged his predictions are all on the conservative side...

- Williams not mentioned
- Jamison looks good in the room. Will start 1st semester then wrestle-off with Alvarez.
- Spratley projected 2-2 at NCAAs. Good freestyle results, but limited info about folkstyle.
- Thompson projected 2-2. Stingy, good positionally. Needs to prove he can score. Very intriguing though.
- Carroll - blood round at a minimum. Heavyweight class is loaded, so he might redshirt. Depends on how he does early, plus Doucet/team results.

The only new face he has as a clear AA is Shapiro from Cornell (5th).

I was wondering about this after reading Willie's blog. He said Jamison will start off the season at 141 and have a wrestle-off with Alvarez second semester. Is Alvarez still not eligible, or are there weight issues? Does anyone know the reasons?

Reactions: KILLEVIDENT
I was wondering about this after reading Willie's blog. He said Jamison will start off the season at 141 and have a wrestle-off with Alvarez second semester. Is Alvarez still not eligible, or are there weight issues? Does anyone know the reasons?

You cannot wrestle for two institutions in one calendar year he wrestled for Rogers last year first semester

Harley, Willie has a similar article on Rokfin about new lineup guys. He acknowledged his predictions are all on the conservative side...

- Williams not mentioned
- Jamison looks good in the room. Will start 1st semester then wrestle-off with Alvarez.
- Spratley projected 2-2 at NCAAs. Good freestyle results, but limited info about folkstyle.
- Thompson projected 2-2. Stingy, good positionally. Needs to prove he can score. Very intriguing though.
- Carroll - blood round at a minimum. Heavyweight class is loaded, so he might redshirt. Depends on how he does early, plus Doucet/team results.

The only new face he has as a clear AA is Shapiro from Cornell (5th).
Willie knows nothing spratly will be in every match against every 25 pounder in the country one through 10 he will be competitive Bradon Thompson will also be competitive against every 74 partner in the country two through 20

Spratly is a redshirt freshman, did not wrestle for Minnesota and Isaac’s graduate student
Ok, that makes sense. But there are others.
Michael Beard beat Surber in the first dual last November. He was an undergrad who had wrestled attached for PSU the previous February.

I believe Alvarez transferred outside the normal portal windows, which makes his situation different.

Do you know why Mirzo Khayitov is listed as ineligible in Trackwrestling?

Ok, that makes sense. But there are others.
Michael Beard beat Surber in the first dual last November. He was an undergrad who had wrestled attached for PSU the previous February.

I believe Alvarez transferred outside the normal portal windows, which makes his situation different.

Do you know why Mirzo Khayitov is listed as ineligible in Trackwrestling?
He is in rtc Age issue over seas competition issues

Reactions: Wrassler17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT