ADVERTISEMENT

2023-2024 starting lineup

He already corrected the typo and clearly he is aware it’s November so he means next year. He got called out and gave an answer. Let’s drop it maybe
Sad Cat Its A Joke GIF

Reactions: tom_v31
125: Spratley
133: Fix
141: Jamison
149: Williams
157: Harper OR Manibog
165: Olenjik
174: Thompson
184: Plott
197: Surber
285: Doucet

125: Spratley
133: Fix
141: Jamison
149: Williams
157: Harper OR Manibog
165: Olenjik
174: Thompson
184: Plott
197: Surber
285: Doucet
this forum board just not being aware of how good Alvarez is really gives me comedic relief. Everyone said his problems were always off the mat and since transferring over I see a big change in his commitment level. Once Alvarez is eligibility which is extremely soon he’s going to be a topic of conversation on this board frequently.

Reactions: bwel9339
this forum board just not being aware of how good Alvarez is really gives me comedic relief. Everyone said his problems were always off the mat and since transferring over I see a big change in his commitment level. Once Alvarez is eligibility which is extremely soon he’s going to be a topic of conversation on this board frequently.
The question was, “What is the current starting lineup”; which was answered. Alvarez is, in fact, not currently eligible nor in the starting lineup.

It seems certain most on this board would be thrilled if the situation around Alvarez were cleared up and he performed to the level you are suggesting.

Then there’s also the issue of him being beaten by the starter at one of his potential weight classes.

Great to have depth and competition, makes everyone better should have competition at 125,141,149,157,and174. Would like to see Carter Young and Travis get reps Williams has to start winning when it counts, Carter proved he can and Travis is solid. Forget challenge matches on this weight who can win when it counts.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
The question was, “What is the current starting lineup”; which was answered. Alvarez is, in fact, not currently eligible nor in the starting lineup.

It seems certain most on this board would be thrilled if the situation around Alvarez were cleared up and he performed to the level you are suggesting.

Then there’s also the issue of him being beaten by the starter at one of his potential weight classes.

He lost to Jamison (5th place at CKLV) 4-1 by giving up a takedown with 5 seconds or less on the clock in an open tournament in November. If you are under the impression that by any stretch of the imagination that means he hasn’t “performed” you are mistaken. I have seen this kid wrestle since his freshman year and when it comes time to wrestle a worthy opponent, he’s present and very much “performing”. Jamison had a phenomenal weekend and that is something we must appreciate but Sammy Alvarez at 141 or 149 heck at 157 would be better then what we currently have at the weight class. The kid is a special talent but never could stay focused at his previous school clearly and as I state since transferring it’s very clear he’s making weight often and competing whenever he can.

A THEME ON THIS FORUM AND ALL FORUMS ACROSS NCAA MWR is “CAN HE WIN WHEN IT COUNTS? WHEN THEIR IS THOUSANDS IN ATTENDANCE ? Now If you know anything about this kid ls wrestling. He can do that and always has done it.

TRUE FRESHMEN IN A SOLD OUT REC HALL @PSU vs RBY - triple over time barn burner. Not to mention the match was nationally televised on ESPN.

He lost to Jamison (5th place at CKLV) 4-1 by giving up a takedown with 5 seconds or less on the clock in an open tournament in November. If you are under the impression that by any stretch of the imagination that means he hasn’t “performed” you are mistaken. I have seen this kid wrestle since his freshman year and when it comes time to wrestle a worthy opponent, he’s present and very much “performing”. Jamison had a phenomenal weekend and that is something we must appreciate but Sammy Alvarez at 141 or 149 heck at 157 would be better then what we currently have at the weight class. The kid is a special talent but never could stay focused at his previous school clearly and as I state since transferring it’s very clear he’s making weight often and competing whenever he can.

A THEME ON THIS FORUM AND ALL FORUMS ACROSS NCAA MWR is “CAN HE WIN WHEN IT COUNTS? WHEN THEIR IS THOUSANDS IN ATTENDANCE ? Now If you know anything about this kid ls wrestling. He can do that and always has done it.

TRUE FRESHMEN IN A SOLD OUT REC HALL @PSU vs RBY - triple over time barn burner. Not to mention the match was nationally televised on ESPN.
Feels like there is a personal element here.
If there has been something negative about Alvarez, please point it out. Otherwise, there hasn’t been anything obvious. It seems like most on here were & are excited about him being at OSU and confused as to the situation.

The great thing about wrestling is, it is decided on the Mat. What we do know as of right now is that Jamison beat him and is nailing down the 141 weight class. It’s the ultimate “show me” don’t “tell me” sport.

There is plenty of opportunity to help out at 149 and even 157 as you and other’s have said.

Feels like there is a personal element here.
If there has been something negative about Alvarez, please point it out. Otherwise, there hasn’t been anything obvious. It seems like most on here were & are excited about him being at OSU and confused as to the situation.

The great thing about wrestling is, it is decided on the Mat. What we do know as of right now is that Jamison beat him and is nailing down the 141 weight class. It’s the ultimate “show me” don’t “tell me” sport.

There is plenty of opportunity to help out at 149 and even 157 as you and other’s have said.
I like that ! Agreed

Show me ! Don’t tell me

I hope so

Reactions: Wrestleks

Our opinion doesn’t matter if he kicks trash when he’s eligible

Fortunately my takes are based off data not opinions.
I’m not hoping against him nor have I heard anybody else talk down on him. It may be one of those situations of out of site out of mind. When he starts competing, he’ll be more top of mind awareness. For right now, there is not much to discuss. I hope and pray he is the second coming. If he is, you can blast out a thread and say I told you so and I will give it a like, I promise.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I’m not hoping against him nor have I heard anybody else talk down on him. It may be one of those situations of out of site out of mind. When he starts competing, he’ll be more top of mind awareness. For right now, there is not much to discuss. I hope and pray he is the second coming. If he is, you can blast out a thread and say I told you so and I will give it a like, I promise.
Noted. Will revisit this in the near future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT