ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Schedule

You are right but these guys are good and very impressed with Birdwell/Harper. BTW watched Hayden Hastings take down Cael Valencia at 174, ride him like a dog and then pin him so more Kudos to Plott.
Yep! :)

Harper 4-1 Dec. for3rd place along with Birdwell with Harris and Stika yet to wrestle.
Stika wins 5-0 for 3rd at 184. I do not now what happened to the 3rd place match for Austin Harris. He may have gotten a forfeit or medical default.

Stika wins 5-0 for 3rd at 184. I do not now what happened to the 3rd place match for Austin Harris. He may have gotten a forfeit or medical default.
Harris didn't wrestle the 5th place match. I think he hit the limit on the # of matches you are allowed to wrestle in 1 day. Same thing happened with Teague Travis.

BTW, Travis' only loss was to eventual champ Willits, the #10 guy in the country. And one of his wins was over NEO juco champ Gonzalez.

Harris didn't wrestle the 5th place match. I think he hit the limit on the # of matches you are allowed to wrestle in 1 day. Same thing happened with Teague Travis.

BTW, Travis' only loss was to eventual champ Willits, the #10 guy in the country. And one of his wins was over NEO juco champ Gonzalez.
Thanks for the clarification. BTW it went down to the Heavy weight match for the team title and Oregon State with a takedown in OT clinched the title over Branch's Wyoming team.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Thanks for the clarification. BTW it went down to the Heavy weight match for the team title and Oregon State with a takedown in OT clinched the title over Branch's Wyoming team.
And I echo your comments about how well the reserves/true freshmen wrestled. It's always impressive to see guys wrap up final exams and jump right into an open tourney.

But Oregon State is Chis Pendleton's team and so was okay with either of those 2 teams winning.

John has a pretty good coaching tree. Chris Pendleton, Pat Popolizio, Mark Branch, Kevin Ward, Neil Erisman, Coleman Scott……are there any others.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
John has a pretty good coaching tree. Chris Pendleton, Pat Popolizio, Mark Branch, Kevin Ward, Neil Erisman, Coleman Scott……are there any others.
Glen Lanham at Duke - although he didn't coach under John, wrestled with him I believe.

And I thought Chuck Barbee took over at Army - he wrestled with for just after John, but I think he was gone when John took over as coach.

With us now out of the Scuffle is there anything in the works to get more matches on the schedule? All of these guys are going to be missing 4-5 matches.

I have wanted to see Haas because last time I saw him at juniors I was not impressed but somewhere I have reports that he is looking better. Maybe from Geer? Also in the high school dual I would like to see Anthony and Cael wrestle but they missed Ironman recovering from injuries.
Surprised Kyle Haas isn't competing.

Also no Austin Boone. Does anyone know why Boone hasn't wrestled yet this season?

Wasn't Boone transferring in spring of 2022? I thought he was enrolled at PSU in the fall.

I have wanted to see Haas because last time I saw him at juniors I was not impressed but somewhere I have reports that he is looking better. Maybe from Geer? Also in the high school dual I would like to see Anthony and Cael wrestle but they missed Ironman recovering from injuries.
Haas looked really tough on top at Lindenwood.

Trackwrestling lists Cael Hughes as eligible now, so he might wrestle. Probably @ 132 if he goes. Anthony Ferrari posted something about being back, but Track is still showing him as ineligible right now.

Reactions: Harleycowboy
Haas looked really tough on top at Lindenwood.

Trackwrestling lists Cael Hughes as eligible now, so he might wrestle. Probably @ 132 if he goes. Anthony Ferrari posted something about being back, but Track is still showing him as ineligible right now.
His brother Tyler was really good on top.

Reactions: Wrassler17
I believe it is due to the surge in Covid.
I'm betting multiple reasons: just had a hard (due to altitude) road trip, end of year & another meet week after Scuffle, think how many guys we've had over the years dinged or injured at scuffle, and then theres increase in coved-O cases.

So why take a chance given the first 3 and now covid, don't know what other schedule changes could take place. Keep the guys healthy!

I'm betting multiple reasons: just had a hard (due to altitude) road trip, end of year & another meet week after Scuffle, think how many guys we've had over the years dinged or injured at scuffle, and then theres increase in coved-O cases.

So why take a chance given the first 3 and now covid, don't know what other schedule changes could take place. Keep the guys healthy!
I was thinking the same thing. After the way they performed at NCAAs last season, with a limited schedule, it’s hard to argue that they need more matches.

I was thinking the same thing. After the way they performed at NCAAs last season, with a limited schedule, it’s hard to argue that they need more matches.
I did notice that one of the 9 wrestlers we are sending to the scuffle is the younger Mastro so he must have recovered from injury. We are well represented at 149 with Sanchez, Voinovich and Mastro. I will be watching on Flo and you can also see the Bixby/Stillwater match on Flo. On another subject have you seen the latest feat by AJ. Video is out showing him traversing 100 yards on the football field on his hands with his feet cycling in the air. That is quite an athletic performance!

Stillwater rolled. 49-12 or something close to that. Stillwater won all the close toss up matches.

Robb won via Pin

Smith won via TF

Ferrari won via TF

In the marquee matchup, Hughes beat Blankenship with a large second TD.

Stillwater rolled. 49-12 or something close to that. Stillwater won all the close toss up matches.

Robb won via Pin

Smith won via TF

Ferrari won via TF

In the marquee matchup, Hughes beat Blankenship with a large second TD.
Is there anyway to watch a replay of it that you know of?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT