ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Schedule

The KC Stampede is this weekend on Rokfin. A bunch of OK teams will be there including Stillwater & Owasso. Interested to see if Jordan Williams wrestles and at what weight.

Rokfin write-up shows Jordan Williams @ 152 for the Stampede. He could hit Kael Voinovich or KJ Evans. Angelo Ferrari could hit John Wiley @ 160.

Reactions: DPJ
Rokfin write-up shows Jordan Williams @ 152 for the Stampede. He could hit Kael Voinovich or KJ Evans. Angelo Ferrari could hit John Wiley @ 160.
Jordan Williams does not seem to be in this tournament. Wiley and Angelo are in the semi's along with Voinovich, Smith and McComas. Lockett got upset in the quarters at 145.

Jordan Williams does not seem to be in this tournament. Wiley and Angelo are in the semi's along with Voinovich, Smith and McComas. Lockett got upset in the quarters at 145.
Looks like Owasso ended up not going. They were listed on the event website as a participating school and FloArena even had Williams listed at 160 initially.

Does anyone know what Cameron Steed's college plans are? He's in the semis at 152.

Looks like Owasso ended up not going. They were listed on the event website as a participating school and FloArena even had Williams listed at 160 initially.

Does anyone know what Cameron Steed's college plans are? He's in the semis at 152.
Wrassler, I don't know much about Steed but he did lose in the semi's at the Stampede. McComas, Sommers, and Ferrari won in the semi's. I think Lockett has won a couple of matches in consolation and if he wins 1 more he will wrestle for 3rd. Smith and Voinovich lost close ones in the semi's.

Wrassler, I don't know much about Steed but he did lose in the semi's at the Stampede. McComas, Sommers, and Ferrari won in the semi's. I think Lockett has won a couple of matches in consolation and if he wins 1 more he will wrestle for 3rd. Smith and Voinovich lost close ones in the semi's.
Voinovich faces Steed for 3rd @ 152. Steed lost to #17 in the semis. In Voinovich's semi, he forced the guy out of bounds a half dozen times with underhooks or shots, the ref only called stalling once. Poor officiating.

Lockett beat #2 in the consi semis.

Voinovich faces Steed for 3rd @ 152. Steed lost to #17 in the semis. In Voinovich's semi, he forced the guy out of bounds a half dozen times with underhooks or shots, the ref only called stalling once. Poor officiating.

Lockett beat #2 in the consi semis.
Angelo Ferrari beat John Wiley 4 to 1 in the finals. Lackett took 3rd beating the guy who beat him in the quarters 2 to 1. McComas won 3 to 0 in the finals against Bond. Voinovich got disqualified in his 3rd place match at 152 when his match was 3 to 2 against Steed. Sam Smith I believe took 6th at 120.

Reactions: DPJ
Angelo Ferrari beat John Wiley 4 to 1 in the finals. Lackett took 3rd beating the guy who beat him in the quarters 2 to 1. McComas won 3 to 0 in the finals against Bond. Voinovich got disqualified in his 3rd place match at 152 when his match was 3 to 2 against Steed. Sam Smith I believe took 6th at 120.
Very impressed with Angelo. He had the takedown in the 3rd and then rode Wiley out. Sophomore vs. Senior, Cowboy vs. Sooner. Very good match and the Wiley front headlock did not work on Ferrari. Same tactic for McComas as he got a takedown in the 3rd period and rode him out for a 3-0 win. Landyn Somer Soph. got behind early 4-0 but came back in the 3rd period for two takedowns (Sound Familiar) to even up the match 6-6 but lost in OT. Again a Sophomore against a senior who has already committed to Missouri. Jaxon Randall and Oscar Williams both from Edmond North and both lost close matches in the finals. Ethan Kyle is doing a great job at Stillwater High School in coaching technique and staying power to the pioneers.

Voinovich got disqualified after a hard mat return took them into the scorer's table. Didn't look malicious to me. I think the refs DQ'd him to play it safe and keep things under control - in the match prior, Lockett's opponent got a penalty point for a hard club at the buzzer (which Lockett then returned).

Sommer took 2nd at 138. Hadn't seen him before, he's very good.

Reactions: oberebo
Voinovich got disqualified after a hard mat return took them into the scorer's table. Didn't look malicious to me. I think the refs DQ'd him to play it safe and keep things under control - in the match prior, Lockett's opponent got a penalty point for a hard club at the buzzer (which Lockett then returned).

Sommer took 2nd at 138. Hadn't seen him before, he's very good.

Reno TOC had 4 teams from Oklahoma: Catoosa, Stillwell, Tuttle and Yukon. At 145 Reese Davis of Tuttle placed 2nd losing in the finals 7-6. Gunner Wilson of Catoosa was 2nd at 220 and Harley Andrews of Tuttle was champion at 285. At 113 Guy Clevenger Catoosa lost in the semis,Jayce Caviness of Stillwell lost in the semis to the eventual champion at 126, Ethan Teague of Tuttle lost in the semis at 160, Lane Parks of Yukon lost in the semis at 285.

The college division starts today at 11AM CT and OK State has 4 entries: Austin Harris 285, Gavin Stika 184, Jalin Harper 157 and Joey Sanchez 149.

Reactions: osu2082
Jalin Harper had a tech fall and Cooper Birdwell had a fall. Birdwell well built and quick at 125.

Newton OK St. also wrestling.
Well, I should have said "Newton wrestling for 1 period." He totally dominated the first period 8-2 with 2 takedowns and a 4 pt. near fall and led 8-2. However by the end of the first period he was fading fast and although he took down and escaped and got another takedown for an 11-2 lead, he also gave up an escape and takedown and was just hanging on.He had no points in the 3rd period and gave up two takedowns, an escape and a penalty point to make it 11-11. He tried a takedown in Overtime but was countered and pinned. Badly needs to get into shape.

Well, I should have said "Newton wrestling for 1 period." He totally dominated the first period 8-2 with 2 takedowns and a 4 pt. near fall and led 8-2. However by the end of the first period he was fading fast and although he took down and escaped and got another takedown for an 11-2 lead, he also gave up an escape and takedown and was just hanging on.He had no points in the 3rd period and gave up two takedowns, an escape and a penalty point to make it 11-11. He tried a takedown in Overtime but was countered and pinned. Badly needs to get into shape.
Sanchez leading 13-0 and then pinned his opponent in his 2nd match.

Travis won 2nd consolation match 18-4. Austin Harris had a 1st period fall. Colt Newton behind early in his consolation match 3-1 and that does not bode well.

Another OK State wrestler Luke Mechler wins his match 6-0. Sorry I do not know if that is championship or consolation at this point. Birdwll wins his rd. of 16 match 9-2 at 125 and is in the qtrs. Obviously the four wrestlers I mentioned at the first of this thread are the scoring members of the team.

Another OK State wrestler Luke Mechler wins his match 6-0. Sorry I do not know if that is championship or consolation at this point. Birdwll wins his rd. of 16 match 9-2 at 125 and is in the qtrs. Obviously the four wrestlers I mentioned at the first of this thread are the scoring members of the team.
Side Note Real Woods of Stanford is in this tournament at 141 pounds to answer if he is returning this semester.

Luke is the conso side

I have watched too much wrestling this weekend I guess. In a rd of 16 match Harper was leading 9-2 and on top after having just turned him for a 2 point near fall and it was either a phantom pin or the opponent gave up as the referee stopped the match and raised Jalin's hand. In any event Jalin is in the qtrs.

Stika is in the quarters after a 7-0 decision. He was brought hard down on the top of his head in the 2nd period and the referee awarded him a penalty point. He recovered and got an escape and TD in the 3rd.Three in the qtrs. by my count with Austin Harris yet to wrestle his round of16 match.

Birdwell got a TD and immediately Fischer from Clarion escaped and then Birdwell got over aggressive and shot in a leg and in the scramble Fischer hooked up a cradle and pinned him. Birdwell is good but made a freshman mistake. Now two in the semis.

Austin Harris sans shoulder brace throws his man to his back for the fall in the first period. Harper is going to be wrestling Jacob Wright from Wyoming shortly and hopefully he will be as successful as Wyatt. However if he does beat Wright it will be like stepping out of the frying pan into the fire as the other semi features Willits.

Harper loses 5-1 to Jacob Wright who was the #1 seed. He wrestled well but Wright is a bitch on top.BTW our last semi-finalist Stika will have to wrestle Tate Samuelson so we may not have any finalists but our backups have wrestled well and I am impressed.

Harris with his 2nd straight fall in 1:06 with a bear hug throw to his bAck. Stika loses 8-0 to Samuelson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT