ADVERTISEMENT

20 gop holdouts in 2 yrs?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Great! Tell us the problems you find with the others.
If I were a more senior GOP House member I'd think MTG has no business getting those plum committee assignments ahead of me. But I'm not so I'll just enjoy watching them all roll around in their own shit like hogs in a sty.

If I were a more senior GOP House member I'd think MTG has no business getting those plum committee assignments ahead of me. But I'm not so I'll just enjoy watching them all roll around in their own shit like hogs in a sty.
If she gets a plum committee assignment it will be because she turned her back on the rebels she had bern connected to and very publicly spoke in favor of McCarthy, something some of the more senior members didn’t do. Plus, after the way she had been treated in the last session (with almost no complaining) I’m sure she thinks she is due a little something. It’s kind of funny that you pretend that’s unique to establishment Republicans as if it didn’t work the same way under that ultra competent Nancy Pelosi. Ask members of the Squad about their plum committee assignments after they wilted like flowers in the desert and didn’t cause Nancy the same embarrassment that McCarthy faced, even though they could have and should have.

Now, about those “other 20 demands” to which you referred … we’re waiting!

Maybe there are three of you after all.

Like I need help.

I wish you’d get on a group chat with all the other lefties.

Maybe together you could come up with an angle I haven’t thought of yet.

You guys would probably end up being interviewed by Chris Hansen.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Can’t bring yourself to do it, can you, David, say what the “other 20” are, thinking yourself so clever that no one can figure out what you mean, even though we all know exactly what you mean (well, I do, can’t speak for the others) and have our response teed up and waiting as soon as you have your “big reveal.” So get on with it! You’re fooling no one. We’re just patiently waiting and watching you make a fool of yourself - again - while you’re convincing yourself you’re just too clever.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen

-E1H3JvdLevEHiAqlZ-UvEXQz-6rnJlixCBFQULJSHY.png

The vast majority of what the crazies obtained is nothing but partisan fodder.

I thought though that you wanted to see both parties work together to solve the real problems facing our country? You know, bills passed with a super majority and the extremes on both sides being rejected. Compromise and all that. Change your mind now?

Yes, I know. You never really wanted any
In other words you have no argument against the concessions the so called radicals were able to obtain and have to show how partisan you are. Got it.
Both parties will have the opportunity to show they are willing to work together for the American people in this Congress. No more hiding BS in bills that we are told must pass. The corrupt POS will have to go on record on term limits and a border bill, that should be interesting. No more of one person dictating to the rest in Congress and the American people, now House has a chance to get back to being the people’s House instead of what it had become under Democrat rule.

Can’t bring yourself to do it, can you, David, say what the “other 20” are, thinking yourself so clever that no one can figure out what you mean, even though we all know exactly what you mean (well, I do, can’t speak for the others) and have our response teed up and waiting as soon as you have your “big reveal.” So get on with it! You’re fooling no one. We’re just patiently waiting and watching you make a fool of yourself - again - while you’re convincing yourself you’re just too clever.
You are so dense. 20 reps, 20 concessions as illustrated with a MTG example. Catch a clue Danny.

You are so dense. 20 reps, 20 concessions as illustrated with a MTG example. Catch a clue Danny.
Sorry, David, I said earlier I knew exactly what you were hinting at, stupidly thinking how clever you were without coming right out and saying it. In the first place MGT wasn't one of the 20, she stood strong for McCarthy and against the rebels. Maybe you should get a clue before shooting off your mouth.

Now, let's analyze. Maybe you should pay me $400/hour to teach you something you apparently don't know. The rebels came to McCarthy in August or September and showed him the path to 218. He laughed thm out of his office because he was expecting the $300 million he raised and distributed to his hand-picked candidtaes were going to bring him a "red wave" and he didn't think he needed their votes. The red wave never happened and suddenly he discovered he needed them after all, but he thought threats of kicking them out of committee assignments would bring them in line the way the Squad capitulated to Nancy Pelosi. What he didn't reckon was the rebels were committed to their cause, the 7 demands they said they would never go away from. He began negotiating and he suddenly started asking them what committee assignments he could bribe them with. They told him which committees they wanted and he told them they were only asking for two or three and they needed to spread the requests out. So they did. And then McCarthy went to the press and said they were only interested in their own advancement, the other demands were a ruse, hoping he could embarrass them into voting for him. But what happened instead is they realized they could never trust him, he's a Chuck Schumer-like snake in the grass, and they stood their ground. After 14 votes he finally understood they meant what they said and he gave them everything they asked for. Gaetz even said he couldn't think of any other demands to make.

*Every* Representative submits which committee he or she desires, and they always want on committees that will make them look good. The rebels had leverage and would have been insane not to press their advantage. By being on the committees they wanted they are in position to keep McCarthy in check, salvaging power for each individual member, not just themselves. They played this particular political game with finesse when needed and used a club at the end. In the end they simply toyed with McCarthy, and now he has been neutered to a great degree and can't fold before the Democrats with quite the ease he had hoped.

Like I said, I knew what you were referring to when you brought up the "other 20" demands, and I already told you I had my answer just waiting. That'll be $400.00, please!

Last edited:
Still haven’t seen anyone argue against the demands the so called radicals received?

I can understand your concerns here but unlike Swallowswell MTG can qualify for a secret clearance. Maybe if you had a concern with a Congressman banging a Chinese spy you could be taken seriously.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
Still haven’t seen anyone argue against the demands the so called radicals received?
Nor should you. The demands made every individual Representative more powerful and the Speaker less powerful. I guess the Democrats may be disappointed. They knew they could bully McCarthy any time they wanted. Now that will be much harder to do.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Sorry, David, I said earlier I knew exactly what you were hinting at, stupidly thinking how clever you were without coming right out and saying it. In the first place MGT wasn't one of the 20, she stood strong for McCarthy and against the rebels. Maybe you should get a clue before shooting off your mouth.

Now, let's analyze. Maybe you should pay me $400/hour to teach you something you apparently don't know. The rebels came to McCarthy in August or September and showed him the path to 218. He laughed thm out of his office because he was expecting the $300 million he raised and distributed to his hand-picked candidtaes were going to bring him a "red wave" and he didn't think he needed their votes. The red wave never happened and suddenly he discovered he needed them after all, but he thought threats of kicking them out of committee assignments would bring them in line the way the Squad capitulated to Nancy Pelosi. What he didn't reckon was the rebels were committed to their cause, the 7 demands they said they would never go away from. He began negotiating and he suddenly started asking them what committee assignments he could bribe them with. They told him which committees they wanted and he told them they were only asking for two or three and they needed to spread the requests out. So they did. And then McCarthy went to the press and said they were only interested in their own advancement, the other demands were a ruse, hoping he could embarrass them into voting for him. But what happened instead is they realized they could never trust him, he's a Chuck Schumer-like snake in the grass, and they stood their ground. After 14 votes he finally understood they meant what they said and he gave them everything they asked for. Gaetz even said he couldn't think of any other demands to make.

*Every* Representative submits which committee he or she desires, and they always want on committees that will make them look good. The rebels had leverage and would have been insane not to press their advantage. By being on the committees they wanted they are in position to keep McCarthy in check, salvaging power for each individual member, not just themselves. They played this particular political game with finesse when needed and used a club at the end. In the end they simply toyed with McCarthy, and now he has been neutered to a great degree and can't fold before the Democrats with quite the ease he had hoped.

Like I said, I knew what you were referring to when you brought up the "other 20" demands, and I already told you I had my answer just waiting. That'll be $400.00, please!
@Ponca Dan ITT:

E2Seb8jVEAAhMh8.png

Reactions: Ponca Dan
What the 20 won for us.

1. As has been reported, it will only take a single congressperson, acting in what is known as a Jeffersonian Motion, to move to remove the Speaker if he or she goes back on their word or policy agenda.
  2. A “Church” style committee will be convened to look into the weaponization of the FBI and other government organizations(presumably the CIA, the subject of the original Church Committee) against the American people.
  3. Term limits will be put up for a vote.
  4. Bills presented to Congress will be single subject, not omnibus with all the attendant earmarks, and there will be a 72-hour minimum period to read them.
  5. The Texas Border Plan will be put before Congress. From The Hill: “The four-pronged plan aims to ‘Complete Physical Border Infrastructure,’ ‘Fix Border Enforcement Policies,’ ‘Enforce our Laws in the Interior’ and ‘Target Cartels & Criminal Organizations.'”
  6. COVID mandates will be ended as will all funding for them, including so-called “emergency funding.”
  7. Budget bills would stop the endless increases in the debt ceiling and hold the Senate accountable for the same.

You are trying to talk about "true believers" after you quoted from an opinion piece on The Epoch Times? Without even noting that is where you got the information lol.
Hey @Alpha Woke, would your first post on this thread (quoted above) along with your support/defense of what that opinion piece claimed, be an example of how you "rationalize party talking points"?

Sure looks that way to me.

Got a mirror around?

While you are at, look up the term projection.

Hey @Alpha Woke, would your first post on this thread (quoted above) along with your support/defense of what that opinion piece claimed, be an example of how you "rationalize party talking points"?

Sure looks that way to me.

Got a mirror around?

While you are at, look up the term projection.

Are you a chromosome short?

I don‘t
Clearly, you did on this thread. You literally cut and pasted the talking points! And then, you didn't even cite where you got the talking points from.

🤣🤣

Stop projecting on to others what you do. We aren't all like you, thank goodness.

Clearly, you did on this thread. You literally cut and pasted the talking points! And then, you didn't even cite where you got the talking points from.

🤣🤣

Stop projecting on to others what you do. We aren't all like you, thank goodness.
I had a dog once that ate the turf carpet off my patio. Reminds me of you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT