ADVERTISEMENT

100 best beers in the world

I've had less that 20 of those (17)....time to get busy.

Not impressed.

Too many of those aren't even close to the best beer I've had, and there is a bit of a west coast bias in there.

Not impressed.

Too many of those aren't even close to the best beer I've had, and there is a bit of a west coast bias in there.

Like I said ... Debatable.

I think they tried hard not to load up on any specific brewery as well.

What do you think is missing?

Not impressed.

It's a bizarre list. About 1/3 of it consists of the beers that I cherished finding at Brown's Bottle Shop ca. 1999. Samuel Smith, Old Engine Oil, Hennepin, Fuller's Pride, Monschof Schwarzbier, Celebrator, etc. It's really easy to come up with craft breweries that are doing better representations of those styles, these days. Anchor Porter is disgusting, and Half Acre Daisy Cutter isn't even the best APA in their zip code.

Reactions: CowboyJD
Anodyne knows at least twice what I do on this kind of thing. So, I'm feeling that I wasn't totally off base.

I think the thing that caught my eye was that many of the selections aren't even the best offering at the brewery they represent. In some cases, not even close.

Reactions: CowboyJD
I agree; it's an odd list. What do tou expect from Men's Jouranl, though, really. I've had 23 of the beers on the list.

I've had 49 off the list. I agree with others that said some of the beers on the list aren't even the best beers made by the brewery being mentioned. The other problem I have with the list is they say "But to ensure you can actually find and drink these brews, we eliminated one-off batches and limited the list to beer sold in America and available on shelves and taps beyond the brewery." They then go on to include, not one but, two Westvleteren beers that are only available at the brewery in Belgium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT