ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Seeds

Rasheed gets the No. 2. So basically there was no real penalty for the guys who defaulted out of Big 10s.

Reactions: osu2082
maybe Weigel gets the 2 seed. Don't think so but we can hope

Which is weak and sends the wrong message. You will see more of this unfortunately.

Yeah this one bothers me. It sounds like Micic might have some legit injuries. Rasheed's default looks pretty damn suspicious. It would even be one thing if Rasheed's resume this year was amazing. He hasn't wrestled much and really hasn't hit anyone of note.

All that being said he probably is the second best guy at 184.

D1jjbxSWkAIAPdf.jpg

Crazy how much Penn State has changed the game. We are entering the NCAAs with two No. 1s and an undefeated No. 2 seed and have virtually no shot to win.

That is awesome! I have not followed Dheshi's season, but know he is tough. I just hope heavyweight wrestles to seed.

Saw a good point on themat. By how it played it out, if Stevenson would have defaulted the Big 10 finals he is likely the No. 1.

I think today might have set a pretty bad precedent for the future unless they change some things.

Saw a good point on themat. By how it played it out, if Stevenson would have defaulted the Big 10 finals he is likely the No. 1.

I think today might have set a pretty bad precedent for the future unless they change some things.

make wining conference a pre req to
getting #1 seed

nursing injury?

too damn bad

Not unexpected but Lee gets the 3 seed. So Picc's path is Glory and then Lee. He also gets Fausz.

Really like Fix's path. Not easy but DeSanto, Lizak, Micic and Suraino on the other side.

Not unfair but Joe Smith gets the No. 33 seed. Gets Marinelli right off the bat if he gets through his pigtail match.

Not only does White avoid Gable and Cassar but Dhesi is also on the other side of the bracket.

ncaa produced selection show with nary an ok st highlight

they went the xtra mile no doubt

Couldn’t ask for much more as a Cowboy fan. Realistic shot to get four to the finals.

over heavy or more than that?

Yes, over heavy... 98% of their posters were saying that because Cassar won Bigs, that catapults him to #1. But logically, it came down to Cassar vs White as conference champs. White owns the H2H and got the 1-seed.

One guy said that because White got majored, that devalues his win over Cassar... or some such weirdness.

They’re pretty much saying Bigs doesn’t matter and tons of wrestlers will start to MFF because they won’t be hurt as bad as if they were to win the whole qualifier.

Best ranker out there IMO (not just because we agreed on this one). Has solid guiding principles. Really should take over the college rankings for Flo again.

Yeah this one bothers me. It sounds like Micic might have some legit injuries. Rasheed's default looks pretty damn suspicious. It would even be one thing if Rasheed's resume this year was amazing. He hasn't wrestled much and really hasn't hit anyone of note.

All that being said he probably is the second best guy at 184.

Willie had a good point on this one - have MFFs in tournaments count as losses.

I can only imagine the seething going on over at the PSU board.

Not too much, really. I’m a PSU guy but totally fine with the seeding at 285. White had a great year!

Plus we can’t complain after Shak got a 2 seed after defaulting. He does legitimately have an injury to his knee though, but still not a fan of rewarding the default. It’s possible he’d have been the 2 seed even if he loses to Martin at B1Gs so maybe it doesn’t matter too much either way.

Good luck to you guys! Hope JoJo beats Marinelli!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT