ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA’s Day 2

Voinovich looked super determined yesterday evening. He has the potential to spring an upset (not a prediction).
After yesterday, not sure I believe WrestleStat.

But yes, this team needs a few outstanding sessions to save face.

Reactions: bwel9339
Looking at the matchup's in the consi's it would appear to me that Sheets and Surber have the most favorable path to AA.

Wittlake has Finesilver this morning and then would face either Coleman/Munoz in the bloods.

Gfeller will have either Humphreys/Franek in the bloods

VV will have either Parco/Mauller in the bloods

If we wrestle really well this morning I believe that momentum should carry over into the Friday night session and hopefully send a couple into the medal rounds from the backside.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
He hasn’t had anybody in the room to roll with that is an elite level guy. This is why RTC is so important. Fix is a great guy and has been loyal to OSU but he needs better partners and development coaches. I hope if he can’t win it this year that he looks to transfer to a place that will help him cause the Young Man deserves it.

Daton won 3 to 2 and so that is 2 not good matches in a row. He gave up a stalling point and was getting pushed around and could have given up another stalling point. Why in the world would Daton keep backing up. He won on a riding time point.
You could tell Byrd was pushing hard, not sure how much Refs give when someone is just pushing vs someone constantly backing up. They were in a deadlock at one point in a pushing match.

Seemed very casual....Get the riding time, get the quick escape, win.

Fix is preparing for his upcoming big matches by focusing on technicalities. Granted he put on a good ride but it still seemed off. Hope he can make it happen when it counts!

Heck yeah! Voinovich with a win over Abas (9) in Sudden Victory. Clearly the initiator in that match. COuld've had 2-3 more takedowns but got it done!

Gfeller gets pinned by Krassier from ISU. It sounded like he was in a lot of pain from his shoulder. Really sucks for him. I though he’d AA this year.

He was favoring that right shoulder that got dinged in his first match.

The Bartlet match was so painful with Mathews freezing last second and giving up the takedown that led to a win for Bartlet. Pen. St. somehow pulls out these matches.
Then Van Ness comes from way behind to win and then Haines did the same thing. Everyone folds under Penn. St. pressure. Franek lost which was painful the only recent good was Voinovich winning in overtime

Great win by VV!

Tough way to end it for Gfeller, he looked like he didn’t want to be there. Kinda like Carter yesterday.

This is a f'n horror show. Embarrassing performance by the team.

Hosting in our backyard and we throw out this shit show.

Well we seem to do better when I don't watch so I think I'll do everybody a favor and log off for a while...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT