ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA’s Day 2

John ended his career to come save us during probation. Now it is time to gracefully exit and help rebuild.

Reactions: bwel9339
Plott more than likely going to see Romero from UVU for AA. He’s tough.
Wittlake loses to Finesilver. Witcraft, Young, G, Sheets, Doucette and Wittlake are now out. Surber will be up soon. Surber is the favorite.

Last edited:
Seems like they have a handful of guys who are done - including some who have eligibility left

Witlake is a 74lber , Plott redshirt next year? Have we seen enough of Perry to move on ? Definitely not a head coach candidate
Agreed on Wittlake. Foca made Plott look like a 165

I hate it so much, but if I’m Daton, Carter, Dustin, or Vic, I’d be out after this year. If their looking to get to the next level you have to get in rooms that can push you and have coaches who develop you based on your skill set. That’s just not happening in Stillwater.

I hate it so much, but if I’m Daton, Carter, Dustin, or Vic, I’d be out after this year. If their looking to get to the next level you have to get in rooms that can push you and have coaches who develop you based on your skill set. That’s just not happening in Stillwater.
Surber wins by decision over 32 seed from UNC.

We just wrestle a lot of predictable, conservative matches. Easy to tell what we're going to do, like we're still working on fundamentals or relying on a stylistic mismatch to get the win. Not every match, but enough to where it's noticeable. Especially obvious when Matcast is up and there's 8 matches going on at once, so many of ours are just...

Reactions: CowboyTanker
I’m not sure we could even offer a package to make it worth his while if he was interested, but I’d love to snag someone like Jake Varner.
Surber gets beat soundly giving up 5 takedowns to 0 to Cornell. We are tied for 17th place and we have 2 wrestlers in this tournament. This Coaching staff is killing the Program but John in his stubborn, old ways should be embarrassed. He fights for wrestling as he sees it but he is suppose to be the Cowboy Wrestling Coach. Hard to believe that about 17 years ago we had just won our 4th straight title.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPJ
Kyle Dake came on the matcast and was talking about how he's been working with the Penn St guys and said a lot of really great thing coaching insight and wrestler mentality wise. I honestly think someone like Dake would be perfect for the job but he obviously has more international wrestling ahead of him. It just goes to show you why PSU guys are so good because they have multiple top world wrestlers helping them out personally on a daily basis.

Also, I don't think Pop is the best choice. We need someone younger (Dake) who can connect with the guys and who is constantly evolving in their craft just like the sport is constantly evolving. Burroughs's isn't the right choice either. There is a major disconnect between Coach Smith and the wrestlers along with the assistant coaches not knowing any different because they have only been in this program. The results has gotten ridiculous and continue to get worse ever year. Something different needs to be done along with several changes which we can all agree on. Only problem is we as a collective fan base have no power in those decisions.

Kyle Dake came on the matcast and was talking about how he's been working with the Penn St guys and said a lot of really great thing coaching insight and wrestler mentality wise. I honestly think someone like Dake would be perfect for the job but he obviously has more international wrestling ahead of him. It just goes to show you why PSU guys are so good because they have multiple top world wrestlers helping them out personally on a daily basis.

Also, I don't think Pop is the best choice. We need someone younger (Dake) who can connect with the guys and who is constantly evolving in their craft just like the sport is constantly evolving. Burroughs's isn't the right choice either. There is a major disconnect between Coach Smith and the wrestlers along with the assistant coaches not knowing any different because they have only been in this program. The results has gotten ridiculous and continue to get worse ever year. Something different needs to be done along with several changes which we can all agree on. Only problem is we as a collective fan base have no power in those decisions.
Like the out of the box thinking and Dake would be fascinating, as would any of the Penn State guys…particularly the ones with Iowa State ties. It seems Dake would need some help from people somewhat familiar with the area as Dake is a unique cat that doesn’t to my knowledge have any sort of connection to Stillwater (other than the HOF 😊)

Like the out of the box thinking and Dake would be fascinating, as would any of the Penn State guys…particularly the ones with Iowa State ties. It seems Dake would need some help from people somewhat familiar with the area as Dake is a unique cat that doesn’t to my knowledge have any sort of connection to Stillwater (other than the HOF 😊)
I wouldn’t think you would need many local connections when you’re a 4x NC and world champ. But I get what you’re saying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT